Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Interestingly he scored less goals and assisted less in the Belgium league than Jordan Ayew did in the premier league last season yet Ayew was a pathetic signing and this is good?

Your kind of common sense is not needed here. The lads clearly a legend - get him in💪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Everybody appears to be raving about this player, can anybody help me out and explain why? I’m just not seeing it.

I'd say most have never heard of him but have just watched a clip of his highlights and have decided he's Messi.

There's probably a highlight reel of Daka somewhere that also makes him look like Messi.

It's a bandwagon thing once a few people rave about him.

• Like 1

Looks like he would be a brilliant signing and would give everyone a much needed lift.

But dont raise your hopes and brace yourselves for disappointment, as the likelihood is this will end with us failing to sign him. :(

33 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Interestingly he scored less goals and assisted less in the Belgium league than Jordan Ayew did in the premier league last season yet Ayew was a pathetic signing and this is good?

Some of us watch football with our eyes.

That and some of us can actually distinguish when age can play a part between what’s a good deal and what is a bad deal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Appreciate the frustration at lost targets, but we have signed plenty of exciting young players in the last 12 months.

Fatawu (20), Hermansen (24), Skipp (23), Okoli (23), Cannon (20) and Golding (18) all on permanents, as well as Doyle (19), Casadei (20) and Buononatte (20) on loan.

This idea we only sign old timers with no future or resale value is just not factually true.

i dont think anyone is against us signing "old timers" just as long as we dont pay over the odds, think why most wasnt overly pleased with how much we paid for Ayew

hopefully we get this lad, as others have said it has the feeling of trying to get more interest etc

42 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

In all competitions last year they both had 12 goal goals/assists. Granted Ayew was playing a higher level and played less minutes but he's 33 in a couple of weeks. This lad is 20, has far more room to improve and has the potential to make us much more money. He's a more logical signing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont think anyone is against us signing "old timers" just as long as we dont pay over the odds, think why most wasnt overly pleased with how much we paid for Ayew

hopefully we get this lad, as others have said it has the feeling of trying to get more interest etc

Probably never actually discover how much the undisclosed fee for Ayew actually was. All smoke and mirrors. I think we are still scared by the Bertrand fiasco and this feels like the club havent learnt the lesson. If he contributes to retaining Premier League status then we will have had our moneys worth.

41 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'd say most have never heard of him but have just watched a clip of his highlights and have decided he's Messi.

There's probably a highlight reel of Daka somewhere that also makes him look like Messi.

It's a bandwagon thing once a few people rave about him.

Well it's more likely that the club's scouts scouted El Khannouss as opposed to fans watching a few clips of him play.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Probably never actually discover how much the undisclosed fee for Ayew actually was. All smoke and mirrors. I think we are still scared by the Bertrand fiasco and this feels like the club havent learnt the lesson. If he contributes to retaining Premier League status then we will have had our moneys worth.

And if he doesn’t contribute, Rudkin’s Timber Yard expands further.

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

£5m really isn't much these days. We invest a lot more in younger players

£23m Skipp (23)

£17m Fatawu (20)

£14m Okoli (23)

£9m Cannon (20)

£8m Hermansen (24)

£4m Golding (18)

To me, £5m for a tried and tested player who can play in a number of positions is good business. I have a good feeling he'll work out.

Anyway back on topic, I've never heard of this Moroccan lad but if he's as good as people make out he'd be a great signing!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Iran said:

Well it's more likely that the club's scouts scouted El Khannouss as opposed to fans watching a few clips of him play.

Yeah, i don't think there's a doubt about that. The original point was how much hype there is on here that, unless these people have traveled to watch him play, or are avid watchers of the Belgian Pro League, then their hope is likely based off a YouTube Compilation posted earlier in the thread.

Obviously there are a handful of people on the forum who are very knowledgeable and will have heard of him prior to this thread, but hey. 

It's irreverent really, but thought it needed clarifying for your after your attempt at being clever. It's probably also irreverent as we are incapable of getting 'Tier 1' targets who have more a less already agreed to join completed so little hope of a 'Tier 2' landing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is an attacking player, so where are the goals? 

IMG_0371.gif.851f7cc460d8862409355e1c7ea54fad.gif

was obviously kidding, his stats look amazing

As was I,  it was a tongue in cheek dig at the reactionary ends of the spectrum on FoxesTalk 😉🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_77 said:

You were so close. You would have been onto something, If only multiple people on here hadn’t been talking about this player and researching him for some time, and plenty of people on here hadn’t watched him in the Olympics.

Yeah the Internet's great ain't it!

Or are these multiple people 'researching' actual football scouts ? 

Gotta be earning great money unearthing these gems for the club....kudos 👍👏

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Not quite living up to your FT name there are you mate? 

Quite the opposite , I'm very positive by nature mixed in with some tongue in cheek irony!

I do find the overtime negativity on here a challenge  at times tbh mate🤣

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Yeah the Internet's great ain't it!

Or are these multiple people 'researching' actual football scouts ? 

Gotta be earning great money unearthing these gems for the club....kudos 👍👏

He would be a great signing, but i doubt West Ham will let him leave.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Quite the opposite , I'm very positive by nature mixed in with some tongue in cheek irony!

I do find the overtime negativity on here a challenge  at times tbh mate🤣

Apparently you don't like when people are overly enthusiastic either though. You should change you're name to ready salted. 

• Haha 2