Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Appreciate the frustration at lost targets, but we have signed plenty of exciting young players in the last 12 months.

Fatawu (20), Hermansen (24), Skipp (23), Okoli (23), Cannon (20) and Golding (18) all on permanents, as well as Doyle (19), Casadei (20) and Buononatte (20) on loan.

This idea we only sign old timers with no future or resale value is just not factually true.

My point was that this summer, apart from the loan signing of Buonanotte  (and even in that case we don't even have an option to buy), we have failed with every bid for an exciting young attacking player. Golding doesn't really count as he was a PSR makeweight who is not ready for the first team squad.

21 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Quite the opposite , I'm very positive by nature mixed in with some tongue in cheek irony!

I do find the overtime negativity on here a challenge  at times tbh mate🤣

Can't argue with that mate. 

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Apparently you don't like when people are overly enthusiastic either though. You should change you're name to ready salted. 

No great difference between this fellas stats and Ayew's , was the real point I was making, difference being Ayew has achieved ot in the Premier League! 

All for enthusiasm but the 'overt' negativity on one in comparison  to jizz fest on this one I  find incredulous! 

Each to their own , just an 'opinion' 😉

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

No great difference between this fellas stats and Ayew's , was the real point I was making, difference being Ayew has achieved ot in the Premier League! 

All for enthusiasm but the 'overt' negativity on one in comparison  to jizz fest on this one I  find incredulous! 

Each to their own , just an 'opinion' 😉

OFCOURSE people are going to be more excited about signing an up and coming 20 year old who should get far better than his current level and potentially retrieve a good profit from future sales, which in turn will allow us to stay on the right side of FFP regulations and repeat the process than they are about a soon to be 33 year old who is only going to decrease in value and ability, which never been better than adequate even in his prime. 

I've never heard of this lad and I accept Ayew makes decent footballing sense but so does he. The only difference is that he makes decent business sense too and we've not shown a whole lot of that recently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

IMG_0600.jpeg

I mean, you might not have heard of him, that's a little bit different. 

As for Premier League striker, technically Neal Maupay is but we'd have more success sticking Danny Ward up front tbqh. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

My point was that this summer, apart from the loan signing of Buonanotte  (and even in that case we don't even have an option to buy), we have failed with every bid for an exciting young attacking player. Golding doesn't really count as he was a PSR makeweight who is not ready for the first team squad.

Fatawu :dunno:

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Yeah the Internet's great ain't it!

Or are these multiple people 'researching' actual football scouts ? 

Gotta be earning great money unearthing these gems for the club....kudos 👍👏

You completely changed the point   lol

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

4 year deal makes no sense for us - gives player too much strength in two/three years time 

Last time we did this was Tielemans. I think it's a sign of the drop in wages we're offering players from the off. Probably only offering £35-40k rather than £60-70k off the bat.

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

4 year deal makes no sense for us - gives player too much strength in two/three years time 

That is what his agent is for. We can't have it all our way, especially with the time frame and our desperate need for players. 
4 years is better than 3! 

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Helps with the amortisation for the FFP. You amortise the cost over the life of the contract. If we spend £12m then it's £3m a year amortisation over four years instead of £4m a year over three.

14 minutes ago, fkas said:

Helps with the amortisation for the FFP. You amortise the cost over the life of the contract. If we spend £12m then it's £3m a year amortisation over four years instead of £4m a year over three.

Normal deals are five years

4 years  does the opposite of help with psr

they probably wanted a release clause but  we don’t do those 

compromise was to say they’d only sign 4 years in that case 

(Assuming we’ve actually seriously spoken to the player’s agent )

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Normal deals are five years

4 years  does the opposite of help with psr

they probably wanted a release clause but  we don’t do those 

compromise was to say they’d only sign 4 years in that case 

(Assuming we’ve actually seriously spoken to the player’s agent )

I'd agree but the assertion above was that a three year deal would be better. Five year deal, particularly for a 20 year old is ideal. I don't have a problem with a release clause but it needs to be smarter than a flat fee. Something like double his transfer fee for the first 12 months and then an additional £7.5m on top for each 12 months thereafter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fkas said:

I'd agree but the assertion above was that a three year deal would be better. Five year deal, particularly for a 20 year old is ideal. I don't have a problem with a release clause but it needs to be smarter than a flat fee. Something like double his transfer fee for the first 12 months and then an additional £7.5m on top for each 12 months thereafter.

I’m not going to look back but did someone really post that a three year deal is better ?? For a twenty y o ???

agree with your release clause stuff but I still think we simply won’t consider them 

• Like 1