Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

42 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Fofana did it to get his move here, then did it again. Not always a great sign but right now I don’t care as long as he can play 

I don't care anytime really if we're talking about the sorts of figures we got for Fofana.  As a club we will always be tasked with replacing our brightest players, as are the likes of Brighton.  Sometimes you'll come unstuck but if you're making bank when it happens then it's a good problem to have.  A far better problem than having good players who run down their contracts. You just can't get attached.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Highly rated young player who is desperate to join us?

Must be something wrong with him. It’s a no from me.

Obviously been shown a video of the city centre cunningly mixed in with edited snippets of Paris, New York and London and a CGI version of the ground after a rebuild and the local Morrisons probably pushed it over the line.

12 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Obviously been shown a video of the city centre cunningly mixed in with edited snippets of Paris, New York and London and a CGI version of the ground after a rebuild and the local Morrisons probably pushed it over the line.

I'd imagine the pay cheques and chance to grow his reputation for bigger pay cheques in the future is more of an allure than the post code or big city lifestyle. Not like Genk sits alongside Paris, London and New York either. 

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

There's definitely red flags if hes forcing his way out because if he does live up to his potential, you can be sure he'll be looking to force his way out of our club too when some one bigger comes knocking.

That said, if he only stayed for one season, helped us survive and then left us with decent profit, it would be an absolutely huge success.

Pretty much agree here.

Almost every player will do the same thing, but some will be more subtle and less forceful about it. Realistically, unless you grew up in Syston, you won't have spent your childhood dreaming about playing for Leicester City. We've always been a stepping stone and players like Vardy are the exception, not the rule.

If he comes in for £20m, plays out of his skin to put himself in the shop window and keeps us up in the process, I'll take the £75m from Chelsea in a year or two and wish him all the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I’m still not sure this owners buying multiple club is a great idea how’s it helped us with King Power buying Leuven it’s just limited the spending power and ground improvements for us just wondering if this was Rudkins idea it just seems like a distraction just concentrate on the one Footballing Project KP !!

Multiple club ownership is not something I agree with but I was told the idea was for Top to run them and gain experience in running a football club before eventually taking over the reigns here. I’m sure there were other plans that would be beneficial for both parties but as you say that never seems to be the case. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingpower said:

He creates a lot of key chances in games - we just need someone to be on the end of them 

Fotis therefore becomes crucial.

• Like 2

Because there’s only a few days left in the window, If genk don’t need to sell him then they may just decide to stand their ground. Will only affect 1 round of games for them and he’ll have to come back apologising to all next week. 

this kind of thing is best done with weeks ahead in the window because it will affect the selling club far more.  

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because there’s only a few days left in the window, If genk don’t need to sell him then they may just decide to stand their ground. Will only affect 1 round of games for them and he’ll have to come back apologising to all next week. 

this kind of thing is best done with weeks ahead in the window because it will affect the selling club far more.  

I honestly think Rudkin thinks leaving it late is a workable tactic. When targeting players still very much part of a clubs plans you go early and hard no messing around. 

We’ll end up with the likes of Fofana as leaving it late will allow us to get a better deal.

Or Rudkin is a complete tool and will believe his incremental uplifts will work.  

I compared him earlier to ziyech because he plays similarly with the national team. But after analyzing I'd say he's like a gundogan at best if he reaches his potential. A really good passer and reader of the game. Good at finding tight spaces and moving through them. It's a really logical signing 

Will fill the space kdh left without a doubt. 

Gerrimin 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

😴

1 hour ago, woollett the bullet said:

You're older than you look pal !

I go back a long way following this Club which is why I currently despair with the direction we are heading due to total muppet-like actions of the person handling our Transfer policy.  Has Andros Townend been advised yet?