Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m thinking he was being sarcastic………. He’d better have been!

He was definitely being sarcastic but Welbeck and Antonio are levels above the likes of Maupay and Ings! Really worried that Cooper will panic on deadline day and bring in someone like that. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

It seems the player's determination to force the move has compelled Genk to act. If he ends up throwing his toys out of the pram to force an £80m move from us to Chelsea in two years' time, having helped to establish us back in the PL in the meantime, I won't complain.

Well, not much.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

It’s not done till it’s done. We’ve been closer than this with Hlozek, could be hijacked at any point 🤣🤣

Nah, we hadn't agreed with the player and had agreed with the club.

This time we've agreed with player and have a vague thing with a club 

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are we pinning our goal creation hopes on a young lad who has 3 Goals and 6 Assists last season for Genk?

Sound the bells, HMS piss the league is about to set sail again.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have to take risks, we can't afford ready made players so players from lesser leagues were always what we needed. In fact I'd rather have taken more risks (presuming budget allowed it), rather than 32/33 year olds. But as we can see here, even they cost a big chunk of change. 

Blimey, I actually totally agree with one of your posts.  This signing is happening  -  the planets are aligned.

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are we pinning our goal creation hopes on a young lad who has 3 Goals and 6 Assists last season for Genk?

Nope.  We have a new forward that is going to win the Golden Slipper.

We still have to find a striker regardless.

The key thing with this is he's got room to grow.

Rather than a 32 year old with 10 years of evidence that he won't be a game changer.

Here you have a highly rated 20 year old who hopefully will only improve as player and on those numbers. It's obviously a risk but every transfer is.

I would much rather take these higher ceiling players, we have plenty low floor types.

Between him, Buonanotte, Fatawu and Mavididi, that's a nice rotation of creative players. Mixed in with Ayew and BDR who, whilst underwhelming will probably do a few bits.

Just need someone to finish the chances off now...

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems the player's determination to force the move has compelled Genk to act. If he ends up throwing his toys out of the pram to force an £80m move from us to Chelsea in two years' time, having helped to establish us back in the PL in the meantime, I won't complain.

Well, not much.

If, or when? :surrender: