Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/27/leicester-breakthrough-genk-midfielder-bilal-el-khannouss/

Percy saying we’re signing him for £19.5m.

Also targeting a No.9

That can't be right surely, some of our scouts, experts and negative Nellies on here have said this is our last signing haven't they ?  What to believe eh 🤔 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

This is a really promising signing, we’ve seen these kind of signings be brilliant and some that haven’t worked out, but overall I’m happy with this. We have a lot to be unhappy about at the moment, but it’s good to enjoy positive news like this.

Unpopular opinion, but it’s actually not been a bad window overall. I think Ayew is better than I thought, Skipp is clearly a decent addition, the lad from Brighton looks class. Okoli and Golding don’t look to be much use, but otherwise we’ve added to the squad well. Get a bit of money in for canon and get a couple more out on loan and it will be a pretty good effort (obviously u can’t fully judge a window until you see how the players perform over the season).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This is exactly the type of signing we need to make to get back to the our successful model. If we want to be successful and get back to being a progressive club then we have to accept that buying players with a high ceiling but accepting that in within 2/3 seasons we are likely to move them on for a significant profit and then rinse and repeat. 

We are starting to rebuild a portfolio of assets that can potentially be sold on in the future for significant profit, we have Mads, Abdul, Stephy, hopefully Okoli can become one and we can add a couple more before the end of the window alongside our academy prospects such as Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke, Popov and Richards etc 

Our recovery is going to take time but the more we see academy prospects progressing and the signing of young, hungry players then the more likely we will see us start to move back to the club we were 6/7 years ago. 

This is spot on, and why the club must stop pandering to Cooper's apparent obsession with stockpiling experienced PL journeymen aged over 30. If we can somehow get in a young, mobile centre forward in the next 48 hours we might yet salvage this transfer window. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Might just be travelling to Manchester then onto Leicester? 

The deal has been hi-jacked by Pep.  IBTL

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Ayew and BDCR - hardly stockpiling. He's also added Fatawu, Skipp, Golding, Okoli, and the lad from Brighton on loan all under 23.

For balance - Fatawu was an obligation from last year. We had to sign him. Golding was only signed to placate Chelsea, so he doesn't count.

...and Skipp and Okoli are 23.

So he's only signed one under 23 player, and he'll be going back at the end of the season!

Big Steve knows you win nothing with kids!

16 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

This is a really promising signing, we’ve seen these kind of signings be brilliant and some that haven’t worked out, but overall I’m happy with this. We have a lot to be unhappy about at the moment, but it’s good to enjoy positive news like this.

Unpopular opinion, but it’s actually not been a bad window overall. I think Ayew is better than I thought, Skipp is clearly a decent addition, the lad from Brighton looks class. Okoli and Golding don’t look to be much use, but otherwise we’ve added to the squad well. Get a bit of money in for canon and get a couple more out on loan and it will be a pretty good effort (obviously u can’t fully judge a window until you see how the players perform over the season).

How in dear G-d's name can you possibly say Golding and Okoli don't look much? What game time have you made such a profound statement about the quality or not of a player? seriously, some of you need to give yourselves an uppercut.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think we'll see Okoli improve. 

1 minute ago, Hack said:

How in dear G-d's name can you possibly say Golding and Okoli don't look much? What game time have you made such a profound statement about the quality or not of a player? seriously, some of you need to give yourselves an uppercut.

I was just trying to give a balanced view on all the signings, from what I’ve seen of Okoli and looking at his stats etc I’m not seeing much. I really hope I’m wrong and he turns out to be a good signing. Golding I was hoping we’d have a player deemed good enough to make the bench in the first round of the Carabo Cup, so I’m a little bit disappointed, but who knows he might turn out to be a gem.

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He's looking at the duty free mag, eye to buying Sauvage Elixir, had a diet Pepsi and some Mini pringles. 

Must be flush to be able to afford that on a Lufthansa Group owned airline!!!  Austrian offer pre-boarding Mortgages.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think we'll see Okoli improve. 

I hope so, certainly far too early to write him off, but from what I’ve see to date he’s been a underwhelming. Many players have been indifferent to start with and then improved though, so let’s see.

4 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

For balance - Fatawu was an obligation from last year. We had to sign him. Golding was only signed to placate Chelsea, so he doesn't count.

...and Skipp and Okoli are 23.

So he's only signed one under 23 player, and he'll be going back at the end of the season!

Big Steve knows you win nothing with kids!

Think you're splitting hairs here - Perhaps I should have said 23 or under, hardly geriatrics. Whether you agree or not 75% of the signings this Summer are 23 or under (if you included BEK) - fact.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we signed some decent players and then went on to stay up, I think I'd struggle to stop laughing. 

Don't you dare contemplate bringing any optimism , positivity or laughter onto this forum , be gone with that! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have to assume he'll be backup to Buonanotte in the 10 position to start with (cause of the Prem experience like!) while he gets up to speed with the league then we'll transition to him starting games as the season progresses. Could work out very well for us.

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's incredible, isn't it? We've signed two players over 30 and suddenly we're 'stockpiling' them. The large majority of the signings we've made, and the players we've been linked with, have been youngsters. There are definitely other reasons to be sceptical about Cooper, but this perception that he's determined to load the team with ageing carthorses is plain daft.

That's fair on new incomings but we did give new contracts to Vardy (37) and Vestergaard (32) too.