Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss - officially joined

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure we’re v interested based on his info 

we may even have bid officially (or it could have been a conversation- ‘we’re prepared to offer €15m - what do you think?’ ).  But terreur says we were knocked back 

You never get a player on the first bid, we were just testing the waters. The fact we’ve bid and the article he’s shared sounds very positive. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

This is really outside the usual scope of: he is too good for us, he is too crap for us, why would he want to live in Leicester, he is too expensive usual set of reasons! Just gone straight to, 'no one should join us, and if they do it's obviously some kind of scam'! 😄 

Not a scam. I just question their faculties lol

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And who did this with great success yesterday? 

As I said he had a good game. 

I mean "great success" for a midfielder is surely either scoring a goal or creating a very good chance? Neither of which he did.

He had a decent game, but you were replying about him being an attacking mid, which he isn't at all. He's a decent holding mid, where he has someone to offload to.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Pay what they want, continually watching Ndidi play attacking midfield is like witnessing war crimes over and over again 

Surely we aren't playing Ndidi as attacking? He's playing alongside Winks to add some physicality. This Genk lad is a legitimate attacking mid to challenge the Brighton fella.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Surely we aren't playing Ndidi as attacking? He's playing alongside Winks to add some physicality. This Genk lad is a legitimate attacking mid to challenge the Brighton fella.

He moved Ndidi up for the last 20 when Skipp came on for Buonnanotte, at least he did in my eyes lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And who did this with great success yesterday? 

As I said he had a good game. 

He did ok at his defensive job

it seems pretty clear to me that opposition know he’s the weak link in possession. They either leave him with the ball and drop off, knowing that he’s just as likely to make a poor pass and gift it to them as he is to find a team mate or they press quickly if the scenario allows. Either way he becomes a liability when we’ve got the ball.  it was clear that we didn’t seem to want to give him the ball yesterday when playing out if there was any kind of alternative. Not sure what the solution is cos defensively, we do need his physicality in midfield. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Ndidi was moved further forward later.  

He did okay yesterday but he's not particularly good when pressed and gave the ball away a lot.  I think or hope Skipp will be the answer to that and be more press resistant allowing out attacks to progress from the back more smoothly.  

Ndidi isn't a terrible option played further forward when you want someone to press up the pitch.  

Anyway...we need this lad or someone like him.

• Like 1

Pleased club is going in with another offer today. I don't have a clue how much he is worth but the longer negotiations go on the more chance it will be hijacked as we have seen. Be interested to know from those that follow the Belgian league  what we can expect if this gets over the line? 

• Like 1

Just now, Edingleyfox said:

Pleased club is going in with another offer today. I don't have a clue how much he is worth but the longer negotiations go on the more chance it will be hijacked as we have seen. Be interested to know from those that follow the Belgian league  what we can expect if this gets over the line? 

Probably best to ask them in the event that he does sign  -  (based on previous experiences) 

• Like 1