Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jordan Ayew Signs 2 year deal - Official

Initially I was disappointed by this signing probably due to his goal stats but having researched him , I'm actually looking forwards to having him.

Apparently he's consistently one of the most fouled players in the league, can hold the ball up against anyone, the palace fans are pretty unanimous with thanking him for great service, and many use  words like absolute pest of a player.

I think the manager has been quite shrewd in getting this experienced PL player  and will use him very tactically.

And as many say, we aren't able to go and get a big name or dont really wanna drop  20m on an unproven foreigner like we used to.

• Like 3

That so many in this thread rate this signing is why this club is in the gutter.

An absolute waste of money to replace Albrighton with a less good Albrighton - the best thing is that it isn’t a 5yr contract.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That so many in this thread rate this signing is why this club is in the gutter.

An absolute waste of money to replace Albrighton with a less good Albrighton - the best thing is that it isn’t a 5yr contract.

I like Albrighton. Underrated. It is a pity we just let him go. Given the long ball is back, he would be good to have as an option too. 

There is no doubt we had a lot more quality in our squad before relegation. Once again: We lost Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Nacho etc over 2 summer. None of our new signings is near the same level as them - although I reserve my judgement on Skipp. But I think we still have a decent squad. Ayew is a good mid table squad player. Tells you how good we were on paper before!

Edited by Tom12345

He'd have been a shrewd signing on a free, but I can't help feeling like we've misused funds here considering he'll soon turn 33. 

I just hope this means we'll get another 1 or 2 through the door.

• Like 1

I have been pretty vocal in

my disappointment with  this signing but he is here now so I will back and support him and hope he 100% proves me wrong. 

2 year deal is at least sensible from clubs perspective and if Vards does retire then Ayew can step up as the mentor/older head next season. 

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Amazing how many of you think we are in the position we were in a few years ago.  Welcome Jordan, I wish you all the success with us.

Hat, I very much doubt he's reading this.