Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jordan Ayew Signs 2 year deal - Official

33 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

For context Ulloa and Okazaki got 6 each in 2015/16 🤷‍♂️

But Vardy was on fire back then and under 30.  Stating the obvious we are not in a like for like situation in 2024.

Agree that people are mad about goal expectations. We just need a 20 goal season striker. You and everyone else. Literally only three players hit 20 last season in the Premier League and that was in a very high scoring season.

I don't expect many goals at all from Ayew, I am hoping he's a low key decent player though, doesn't need to be a goal machine to contribute. We do need goals elsewhere though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wolfox said:

That strike is a good strike against anyone…. Why is less of a goal because it was against Tranmere?  I’m genuinely befuddled !

It's gone down the middle of the goal, he's hit it well but I imagine Murhpy would even admit he should have done better.

The fact he's struck 2 shots with decent technique is much more of a positive than a shot that should be saved finding it's way into the goal.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Despite the horrific line up from Cooper and losing at halftime, Ayew looks like a right steal doesn't he? 

He's deseptively quick and seems to read the play impeccably. 

Proper footballer. 

Nope; we had 3 defensive midfielders and 1 defensive wringer today. Pointless signing and not a chance helps us stay up

(might help to make sure it’s not too embarrassing)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Was just thinking what a pointless signing this was when you look at all the other attacking options we have now.

He's going to start the majority of games for us, he was never coming here to be a fringe player. Might as well have stayed at Palace for that. 

Team selection will be the biggest big bear with Cooper I'm afraid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's going to start the majority of games for us, he was never coming here to be a fringe player. Might as well have stayed at Palace for that. 

Team selection will be the biggest big bear with Cooper I'm afraid.

The fact Ayew was first sub on to the pitch at Fulham the very next day after signing at about 11pm on the Friday night was very telling in that respect. 

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The fact Ayew was first sub on to the pitch at Fulham the very next day after signing at about 11pm on the Friday night was very telling in that respect. 

Cannot wait for the midfield 5 of Ayew, Skipp, Ndidi, Winks, Reid at home to Forest

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2024 at 14:31, Wolfox said:

That strike is a good strike against anyone…. Why is less of a goal because it was against Tranmere?  I’m genuinely befuddled !

He got more space against them than most teams in the prem would give him…

• Like 1