Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jordan Ayew Signs 2 year deal - Official

18 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Almost as if all of his obvious flaws that fans raised on here before he signed weren’t red flags?

He’s a 33 year old, average (at best) bottom 6 PL side winger with minimal goal involvement in his career.

How him and Reid will now clog up our squad in their twilights of their careers and likely at the expense of our academy players is a crime.

And those fans were wrong. He is fine as a squad player. It’s the fact he is a starter, not even saying of Abdul should start, even Buounatte would be a sensible option

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

And those fans were wrong. He is fine as a squad player. It’s the fact he is a starter, not even saying of Abdul should start, even Buounatte would be a sensible option

Ok, so as a squad player will his involvement likely do enough to keep us up?

Does he offer any resale for our ever growing PSR fears?

Take McAteer as an example, I don’t think he is cut out for the PL BUT how will I know when any minutes he may have had coming off the bench will now likely not happen due to him and Reid clogging up our 18.

I like your posts and you often deliberately comment against others but please re-read my post, a 33 year old Ayew does not improve our starting 11.

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Ok, so as a squad player will his involvement likely do enough to keep us up?

Does he offer any resale for our ever growing PSR fears?

Take McAteer as an example, I don’t think he is cut out for the PL BUT how will I know when any minutes he may have had coming off the bench will now likely not happen due to him and Reid clogging up our 18.

I like your posts and you often deliberately comment against others but please re-read my post, a 33 year old Ayew does not improve our starting 11.

That’s fine, that’s why I said squad player*. He is more experienced/savvy so should be used to that end, to help us manage a game to its conclusion. So no, he does not improve our starting XI but it’s a team game, and no he has no resale value, but that does not make them a mistake, as we did the hoped for profiteering signing in Bilal, Okoli, Skipp, etc.

* re-read and my post was badly worded or at least incomplete, sorry, as I wrote “It’s the fact he is a starter, waffling about Abdul…”  when it should have said “..he is a starter and that is the problem” 

Do agree that McAteer could offer similar to what Ayew does, albeit without the smarts.

Reid? Meh 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s fine, that’s why I said squad player*. He is more experienced/savvy so should be used to that end, to help us manage a game to its conclusion. So no, he does not improve our starting XI but it’s a team game, and no he has no resale value, but that does not make them a mistake, as we did the hoped for profiteering signing in Bilal, Okoli, Skipp, etc.

* re-read and my post was badly worded or at least incomplete, sorry, as I wrote “It’s the fact he is a starter, waffling about Abdul…”  when it should have said “..he is a starter and that is the problem” 

Do agree that McAteer could offer similar to what Ayew does, albeit without the smarts.

Reid? Meh 

I wouldn't call what Ayew does experienced/savvy. He doesnt pick and choose when to fall over and draw fouls, that's his default and he never switches it up.

It's fine in the final minutes when you're leading but when you're drawing/behind at home it completely stifles our momentum in possession. Man City win titles by tactical fouling the opposition, Ayew getting himself fouled when we're in possession benefits the opposition more than it does us.

Ayew is like if you take the worst part of Maddison's game and remove all the quality surrounding it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I wouldn't call what Ayew does experienced/savvy. He doesnt pick and choose when to fall over and draw fouls, that's his default and he never switches it up.

It's fine in the final minutes when you're leading but when you're drawing/behind at home it completely stifles our momentum in possession. Man City win titles by tactical fouling the opposition, Ayew getting himself fouled when we're in possession benefits the opposition more than it does us.

Ayew is like if you take the worst part of Maddison's game and remove all the quality surrounding it.

Well yes, that’s what I was alluding too (and if you are trying to make any correlation between Ayew and Maddison, you are one your own here)

As I said to @SafewayFox he is best served as being subbed on late on to drag the game to a conclusion with buying fouls, keeping it in the corner type stuff, something he is capable of, but you do not want that from minute 1!

He can do other stuff, like scoring that worldy but yeah, it’s not really his game at all, so I agree.

He was way off it all game. Couldn't get near to his man to close him down, was surprisingly weak on a couple of occasions and dispossessed.

He just doesn't look match fit to me, or is this just how limited he is? 

My anger towards signing him was because I always feared he was coming here to be one of Cooper's first names on the team sheet. He will take the captains armband in the not too distant future too, if Cooper is somehow still here.

He's a fringe player at best, or should be. Playing him for 90 yesterday took my breath away, it really did. And not in a good way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Almost as if all of his obvious flaws that fans raised on here before he signed weren’t red flags?

He’s a 33 year old, average (at best) bottom 6 PL side winger with minimal goal involvement in his career.

How him and Reid will now clog up our squad in their twilights of their careers and likely at the expense of our academy players is a crime.

Almost as if the entire club is dysfunctional.

• Like 1