Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jordan Ayew Signs 2 year deal - Official

As with all the players who played last night, it obviously needs to be tempered with the quality of the opposition, however a goal, assist and a very good performance shows what he can bring to the club and if this gives us another rotation option and a decent alternative for the front 3 positions then I think he could prove to be a solid if unspectacular addition.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iran said:

AYEW HATERS YOUR APOLOGY NEEDS TO BE AS LOUD AS THE DISRESPECT WAS...

Please - wobble your head. 1 goal against Tranmere is hardly going to change my opinion on the merits of this capture by the Coopkin axis.  When he chips in with 8-10 EPL goals, I will gladly come on here and state I got this wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As with all the players who played last night, it obviously needs to be tempered with the quality of the opposition, however a goal, assist and a very good performance shows what he can bring to the club and if this gives us another rotation option and a decent alternative for the front 3 positions then I think he could prove to be a solid if unspectacular addition.

He seems to like a shot from distance, and got them on target a couple of times, so adds something to the team. Could well wind up as a bargain buy.

11 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I scored one just like that on Sunday against a better goalkeeper but he didn't get a hand to it. Let's not get ahead of our self's.

It was a shot that every goalkeeper in the premier league would save comfortably except Danny ward.

1 maybe 2 get close, it beats the majority. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

He seems to like a shot from distance, and got them on target a couple of times, so adds something to the team. Could well wind up as a bargain buy.

Shame he didn't do the same at Fulham, I didn't say this LCFC did "before his international team-mate Ayew's central free-kick sailed over the top".  The lad a couple of rows to the right of me is still in a London hospital I believe.

Aside from that, he isn't what we want BUT he WILL do a job for us and just give us some options and depth up front, remember we now have to shop at Lidl's & Home Bargains not Waitrose as we desperately as fans, but not club ownership, want to re-establish ourselves in the top flight.

He was never going to be a signing that got us all excited, but watching him you can see how he can get on the ball and impact games. Perhaps he will help bring the wingers into the game. If we are to stay up I think we need to get the best out of Abdul and Stef

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

He was never going to be a signing that got us all excited, but watching him you can see how he can get on the ball and impact games. Perhaps he will help bring the wingers into the game. If we are to stay up I think we need to get the best out of Abdul and Stef

Perspective and none reactionary … you sure you belong here lol

7 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I must admit I’ve dipped in and out over the years - I do struggle with the negativity, but I genuinely feel this hasn’t been a bad window.

It’s not been the best. But I’m open to supporting and giving them time lol  not the oh my god we’ve signed ayew let’s boo brigade. I am cathartic with this season being a free hit so 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iran said:

AYEW HATERS YOUR APOLOGY NEEDS TO BE AS LOUD AS THE DISRESPECT WAS...

I mean, it was against Tranmere and whilst a good strike, I don't believe for 1 minute it would have beat any Premier league goalkeeper.

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Please - wobble your head. 1 goal against Tranmere is hardly going to change my opinion on the merits of this capture by the Coopkin axis.  When he chips in with 8-10 EPL goals, I will gladly come on here and state I got this wrong.

8-10 goals could be the top scorer at many newly promoted clubs, probably a bit harsh given he probably won’t play much through the middle. Fatawu will get below that target from a similar position and in probably more minutes, would that make him a failure? 

If he does not chip with around 8 goals, then that will most likely be considered a failure as we will be back in the EFL.  We have been looking for someone to assist Vardy for several years now and still the search goes on.

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Yes but for £5m - an 8-10 EPL return would be unheard of, 10 goals would put you in the same bracket as Nunez, Eze, Fernandes, Jota etc got last season!

54 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes but for £5m - an 8-10 EPL return would be unheard of, 10 goals would put you in the same bracket as Nunez, Eze, Fernandes, Jota etc got last season!

Then do not waste 5m on an aged forward that will not score the much needed goals.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Then do not waste 5m on an aged forward that will not score the much needed goals.  

Do you realise how much an established 10-15 goals per season premier league striker is? Second ques, could we afford or attract him? We aren't living in Surrey shopping at Waitrose, we are on the saff browsing around farmfoods.

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Do you realise how much an established 10-15 goals per season premier league striker is? Second ques, could we afford or attract him? We aren't living in Surrey shopping at Waitrose, we are on the saff browsing around farmfoods.

For once Tommy, we agree. If a striker gets 10 or so in the PL, he's worth a fortune. If he pulled that off too, it would be a big step to staying up ala Ulloa. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I must admit I’ve dipped in and out over the years - I do struggle with the negativity, but I genuinely feel this hasn’t been a bad window.

This window reminds me very much of a "Martin O'Neill transfer window" 

Nothing too exciting (not counting Fatawu as he was already done) but solid type players with experience and not spending too much (relatively) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

For once Tommy, we agree. If a striker gets 10 or so in the PL, he's worth a fortune. If he pulled that off too, it would be a big step to staying up ala Ulloa. 

We always agree :cool:

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This window reminds me very much of a "Martin O'Neill transfer window" 

Nothing too exciting (not counting Fatawu as he was already done) but solid type players with experience and not spending too much (relatively) 

I distinctly remember being underwhelmed with most of MO’N’s signings - only for them to prove me completely wrong! Ian Marshall and Tony Cottee to name but two of them!

I agree - although I think the latest signing has genuine potential (all be it far from a guaranteed success) to really kick on with us. Ayew, DCR would be classic MO’N signings!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

For context Ulloa and Okazaki got 6 each in 2015/16 🤷‍♂️

I think Ayew will  prove a better signing than DCR. As he can win a free  kick like Maddison could.

He also looks more busy and lively while genuinely trying to effect games.

He should relieve some of the pressure off Vardy in and around the Box.

Anyway he's here now so lets give him a chance.

• Like 2