Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

Fulham Away - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There was an error. It was corrected.

I would say that's a better game. But I guess that's subjective.

I take your point....but.......as a fan that celebration isn't the same after 3 or 4 mins of deliberating as it is in the moment.  

If you want cold hard accuracy it works most of the time.  If you want passion and natural celebration, I don't think it does

• Like 1

Happy with that tbf. First away game and a bit static to start. Found a way back in to it. Another half like the 2nd against Spurs please.

Mav on for BDCR on the 60 mark and Skipp for wilf

Edited by Simonb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not saying I am saying Kristiansen is a great passer. I don’t understand why he starts ahead of Ricardo.

I hope Ricardo gets on at halftime for him and Justin moves across as LB.

It is nice to have a left footer at left back tbf. Switching JJ to the left invariably means the ball is shuffled inside and backwards most of the time. 

Their midfield was outmuscling ours, Buononotte and Ndidi were struggling and Fatawu kept giving the ball away. Much improved since the goal but we need to compete better in midfield and show more composure in the final third. 

As an aside, the OTT remarks in this thread are a joke, not been pretty but we’ve shown resilience. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Is there a new rule on VAR not being able to overrule the ref when a team scores? Why did VAR ask the ref to check it? This is why it takes so long. Pointless :dunno:

No new rules, Vardy is offside- objective, was he blocking the view of the keeper?- subjective, on field ref has to make the subjective call. Same as its always been.

Don't know why, but I just the impression that VK is a bit of a kn0b. Don't know why, I just get that feeling from him and that a few in the squad might feel the same. A couple of times I've seen some gestures and body language towards him

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

As boring as Enzo’s game was, I was quietly hoping to see what we can do using his style in the PL. I was just hoping we can add some flair. Right now, we really can’t even control play or the ball for more than a minute even against a mid table team like Fulham.

That's been a big problem first half, Poor first touches.

I think we were OK in that first half. Competitive, though we do not deserve to be equal at the half!

Some quick notes:

• Andreas playing further up field for Fulham to give them an overload. They did not do this against Man United.
  • Fulham are going 2 v 1 against Winks, letting Ndidi have space. This is hurting us playing out from the back. When Ndidi receives the ball, he is being pressured. Could see Skipp coming on but...
  • Ndidi is winning a lot aerial balls and recovering it high up though.
  • Whi is Reid marking the tallest man at corners again!
  • Reid and Kristiansen doubled up on Traore at times
  • Facundo good physical strength. Lost it a few times as the half went on, but he's impressive to me.
  • VK getting bullied a bit against Muniz  / Traore
  • Think we are going too direct at times. Fatawu shot, Buano shot, etc. There's a balance to it and we need to be a bit more patient.
  • Lots of playing out from the back. Makes me a bit nervous but think it has worked at times.
  • Got a lot of corners, and ultimately the goal from one.

• Like 1

Mavadid will def come on 2nd half

kristianson needs to make more runs down the left as he can make great crosses into the box for Vardy. Hes not very good otherwise. Cadorba or whatever his name is  just struts around adding nothing. Our Argentinian guy is putting in a shift keep him on. 

one rhing for sure is cancel those balls to smith cod roe. He can’t be making those runs unchallenged that’s a gift that goal 

Just now, Jimbo said:

Don't know why, but I just the impression that VK is a bit of a kn0b. Don't know why, I just get that feeling from him and that a few in the squad might feel the same. A couple of times I've seen some gestures and body language towards him

He is.