Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

Fulham Away - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

I think he's useless and lazy, but I can see the sense in using him as a wall for now.

He is very poor defensively though, so I don't see him even being much use as a wall. 

I'd prefer Hamza and his energy to help see out games rather than Soumare who looks like he runs through treacle to ever track back. 

• Like 3

Not too mad at that.

Mavididi is very hit and miss in my opinion. When he has a good game, he's on fire, but he's prone to games where nothing goes right for him.

I don't doubt he's better than BDR, but perhaps Cooper sees something different / more preferable about his play.

I guess time will tell :dunno:

If I was forced to make 1 change, it probably go for Skipp over Ndidi more than Mavididi over BDR.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Simonb said:

He must just see a physical presence to see out games. Reasonable height and build to help defend corners and block shots etc. 

I think he's useless and lazy, but I can see the sense in using him as a wall for now. I hope he's gone by next weekend. Skipp, Hamza, wilf and Winks will suffice 

The problem is he's so ****ing bone idle he doesn't even work as a wall. 

At least Akinbiyi tried hard. Junior Lewis did his best even though his best was shit.

This guy is worse than both of those in my opinion. And refusing to play in the championship - he wouldn't have made the grade. 

• Like 1

Ndidi makes too many mistake if he has to have more than one touch of the ball. Justin is boring and offers little for Fatawu, he has to work twice as hard and ends up getting clattered from behind while he’s waiting to see if JJ will attempt to move towards him.  Would have preferred Skipp, Ricardo and Mavadidi over Ndidi, Reid and JJ. Two we know are better than what’s on the pitch. 

If he brings Soumare on again to offer the same level of work rate, then it’s confirmed to me that Cooper is useless.  

I get the impression that Cooper likes to play the long game. He doesn’t go for the strongest lineup in terms of quality but more in terms of physicality. I’m not mad about it tbh.

• Like 2

With mavididi , all I can think is cooper thinks to save him for later in the match when he can have more chances once the match opens up a bit. Ricardo ... just can't fit him into the team ..? Justin and kristiansen just getting the nod is ok , but a real shame a player if he's class isn't used 

1 minute ago, Fox42 said:

I get the impression that Cooper likes to play the long game. He doesn’t go for the strongest lineup in terms of quality but more in terms of physicality. I’m not mad about it tbh.

Then why okay BdcR for physicality, Mavididi is markedly stronger 

Not sure if I agree with the Ricardo narrative on here. Neither he or Justin are a left-back and playing with a right-footer in that position helps no-one. Therefore, you’re left with the option of Justin/Ricardo at right-back.

For me, Justin is more dynamic and a better equipped defender to handle premier league wingers - where does that leave Ricardo? Honestly don’t think cooper is getting it far wrong at all.

Also, some people are extremely quick to write of BDCR. Not hard to work out why he’s been favoured at the start of this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Then why okay BdcR for physicality, Mavididi is markedly stronger 

But Mavididi has pace. He will burst forward and press when the opposition is getting tired. 

Just now, lcfcben76 said:

Not sure if I agree with the Ricardo narrative on here. Neither he or Justin are a left-back and playing with a right-footer in that position helps no-one. Therefore, you’re left with the option of Justin/Ricardo at right-back.

For me, Justin is more dynamic and a better equipped defender to handle premier league wingers - where does that leave Ricardo? Honestly don’t think cooper is getting it far wrong at all.

Also, some people are extremely quick to write of BDCR. Not hard to work out why he’s been favoured at the start of this season.

Not sure about Justin being dynamic. Watch him closely today, auto backpass before he looks forward while Fatawu will be unmarked. Also watch him stand around if he does pass the ball forward, he is too scared to overlap or at least run to try and draw a defender away from Fatawu. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

With regards to Ricardo, I kind of agree with you and kind of don’t. With his injury problems it may be that he’s not up to a full season in the premier league as a fullback. However he’s Ricardo. He’s the best player in our squad by some way and he’s shown massive loyalty and is a model pro. For me he NEEDS to be on the pitch somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

With regards to Ricardo, I kind of agree with you and kind of don’t. With his injury problems it may be that he’s not up to a full season in the premier league as a fullback. However he’s Ricardo. He’s the best player in our squad by some way and he’s shown massive loyalty and is a model pro. For me he NEEDS to be on the pitch somewhere. 

I agree.  I hate seeing Ricardo benched.  Him and Mads are our best players.  It makes no sense to waste his ability. 

• Like 1

BDCR over Mavididi is just straight up favouritism. 

New manager comes in, has a favourite - and Coady has already called BDCR teacher's pet - just wants to stamp his own mark with zero ****ing regard for who is the actual better player. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I have a weird feeling about this game, I think it'll be a messy sloppy game. 

We all know how Faes fancies an own goal now and then, I could see this ending 0-1 with an OG by Faes.

Could that weird feeling be deja vu?

Don't understand this defending mentality.

Leicester are at their best we we go at teams not sit back.

We are at our worst when we sit back and defend so putting on or starting more defensive players means the manger doesn't understand his squad of players very well tbh.

A repeat of the first half against spurs coming up 

7 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Not sure about Justin being dynamic. Watch him closely today, auto backpass before he looks forward while Fatawu will be unmarked. Also watch him stand around if he does pass the ball forward, he is too scared to overlap or at least run to try and draw a defender away from Fatawu. 

I think that is how Cooper wants him to play, a 3rd CB when we are in possession and a RB when we are defending, allowing Kristiansen to become a left winger when we attack.

I remember Justin being very attacking when played as a RB under Rodgers.