Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

Fulham Away - Match Thread

Vardy is about to start his second PL match in less than a week at 37 years old. He won't last longer than 70 mins and we have no-one to replace him other than Mav. 

Start Mav, Vardy is done at 70 mins and then what. Bring Ayew on to play up front? The shitstorm that would cause. 

Ayew will be on for BDR and Mav will be on for Vardy. Until we bring more bodies in, what else is Cooper supposed to do. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Not sure if I agree with the Ricardo narrative on here. Neither he or Justin are a left-back and playing with a right-footer in that position helps no-one. Therefore, you’re left with the option of Justin/Ricardo at right-back.

For me, Justin is more dynamic and a better equipped defender to handle premier league wingers - where does that leave Ricardo? Honestly don’t think cooper is getting it far wrong at all.

Also, some people are extremely quick to write of BDCR. Not hard to work out why he’s been favoured at the start of this season.

I don't really see Ricky as a RB anymore. I know he was in that inverted role last season but he did so much good work next to Winks I can only assume Cooper's knowledge of him stopped in 2023 and he wasn't watching him via a dodgy firestick

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The problem is he's so ****ing bone idle he doesn't even work as a wall. 

At least Akinbiyi tried hard. Junior Lewis did his best even though his best was shit.

This guy is worse than both of those in my opinion. And refusing to play in the championship - he wouldn't have made the grade. 

Absolutely agree with you.

Side note, Reid and Bassey to score against their former clubs.  60-1 double. Worth a go?

27 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is very poor defensively though, so I don't see him even being much use as a wall. 

I'd prefer Hamza and his energy to help see out games rather than Soumare who looks like he runs through treacle to ever track back. 

100% agree. Just saying I think that's what Cooper sees in him.. not that I do 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Vardy is about to start his second PL match in less than a week at 37 years old. He won't last longer than 70 mins and we have no-one to replace him other than Mav. 

Start Mav, Vardy is done at 70 mins and then what. Bring Ayew on to play up front? The shitstorm that would cause. 

Ayew will be on for BDR and Mav will be on for Vardy. Until we bring more bodies in, what else is Cooper supposed to do. 

Maybe could have put Cannon on the bench instead of Soumare?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

I know Ayew isn't the most popular signing ever, but it's fairly obvious he'll be the one to replace Vards.

If the plan is to go for hold up play and bring the wide men in to feed off him, we'll see both him and Mavididi on the pitch by the end.

25 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Not sure if I agree with the Ricardo narrative on here. Neither he or Justin are a left-back and playing with a right-footer in that position helps no-one. Therefore, you’re left with the option of Justin/Ricardo at right-back.

For me, Justin is more dynamic and a better equipped defender to handle premier league wingers - where does that leave Ricardo? Honestly don’t think cooper is getting it far wrong at all.

Also, some people are extremely quick to write of BDCR. Not hard to work out why he’s been favoured at the start of this season.

There'll have been fans on here trying to defend Puel when he tried to phase Vardy out too. Absolute pony Ben.

• Like 2

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Maybe could have put Cannon on the bench instead of Soumare?

Absolutely, that's what I would have done. Except I haven't seen Canon in training and there's obviously a reason why Cooper and Maresca don't rate him. Maybe his back is playing up again. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Someone must have a link for this surely. Come on guys, help out a fellow fox.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Share?

Just now, damolcfc said:

Please 🥳

DM'd

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

There'll have been fans on here trying to defend Puel when he tried to phase Vardy out too. Absolute pony Ben.

Still can’t believe Puel attempted this lol 

The Spurs away was ridiculous. Gray upfront was it? lol 

• Haha 1