Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

Kinda wish we were tippy tapping it round the back still, making even more mistakes, then we'd be getting hammered in result aswell as performance and people would really have something to moan about.

But atleast we'd be playing football the way it should be played. Right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's not knee jerk to say he's clearly out of his depth, should never have been given the job and we're just wasting time because footballing decorum is to give a manager "time."

So you sack him who's you bring in?

I didn't want him, but now he's here you have to give him some time.

O'Neill didn't look like it had a plan for 10 games after we appointed him, it was awful. 

Sack a manager is as risky as keeping the one you have.

Just now, Finnegan said:

There's no evidence at all of him having a functional plan and communicating it to the players. 

Remember when we came up with Pearson and we were struggling for points after the initial flury of excitement around the United game? 

I'm not sure it was that different, it took him 30 games to find a system.

He also had a squad he'd worked with for 2 seasons.

Just now, Finnegan said:

We still looked like there was a plan, we were in games, we were often unlucky. It took deep in to the losing run for Pearson to lose the plot with that four defensive midfielder diamond away at Newcastle. 

This doesn't look like "let him cook" at all does it. You can't watch this and go "I see what he's trying to do, when it clicks we'll be great."

I just think 2 games is to quick to panic.

Just now, Finnegan said:

It just looks like a manager that absolutely stumbled in to premier league management with a freak purple patch and is now out of his depth. Especially given that he's being asked to do something different here to Forest. Here he's being asked to back up all of his talk of playing progressive, possession based, attacking football. 

In football, it's always frowned upon to sack a manager without time served, substitute a player before half time, generally make any early change. But statistically, the earlier you make changes the better. 

I really hope we don't throw this season away out of politeness. **** sunk cost, just reverse the mistake and go approach a proper manager. **** it, Cooper must have given up on England now. I'll have him third time lucky over this mess. 

You mean Potter, he's not coming here, it's a pipe dream.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nathan lavery said:

disappointing result today it felt like a game we could nick something out off. Their second goal was incredibly poor from our point of view. unforgivable at this level.

We have no natural number 10 or 9 to come off of the bench so once Vardy and Facundo went off it was square pegs in round holes again.

3 more years of Bobby Reid God, help us

The mystery surrounding Ricky P goes on.

The only positive I can think of is Skipp looked half decent when he came on and we looked mildly threatening from set pieces & we have a new chant that will annoyingly stay in my head for the next 2 years 

I agree with many that Justin was poor for their second, but also felt Fatawu switched off and led to him being pulled out of position. Hermansen might also have done a bit better.

Reid is one of those players I've never rated at all. I'll be patient, but it hasn't started too well.

Winks and Wilf could also be an issue. And poor Kasey, I suspect, is going to find himself squeezed out if we bring new men in.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It seems unpopular to say so, but I thought Wilf was excellent 

He wasn't excellent - marginally better when he was out of tight areas and could open his legs.

He gave the ball away loads in tight areas but he's being asked to play a role he has no ability for. Not only that, we seem to play without an idea of where the balls going anyway so even the better players on the ball looked lost as there was seemingly no game plan.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

« Shit is fine, just not this shit, this is a thousand miles from the shit I ordered. »

This seems to be general feeling.
Go down, make money, come back up. Don’t be shit next time.

Surely, losing 5-0 to Spurs and 4-0 to Fulham, would have been that shit! 
1-1 and 2-1, is hardly the worst we have ever seen. Bare in mind that we have a shit squad right now. 
I am not saying that bar a 40minute period against Spurs, there has been much to be happy about, but this is the usual OTT reaction here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Matt said:

Kinda wish we were tippy tapping it round the back still, making even more mistakes, then we'd be getting hammered in result aswell as performance and people would really have something to moan about.

But atleast we'd be playing football the way it should be played. Right?

I think you might have to admit that there is no nuance in saying "possession football does this" and "pragmatic football does this" brother. Both far too broad.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I think those expecting signings this week that will bring goals are going to be disappointed. I believe the club think they've sorted that with Ayew. I reckon no more business will take place.

Those saying we're worse than under Maresca. What would Maresca's passing out from the back approach have done today against Fulham's quality Premier League press? In any event it was effectively the same team at the back and up to midfield except arguably a more natural left-back.

We're not good enough and won't be all season. I won't be beating myself up each week.

I'd play Ricardo at right-back and Justin at left-back, Mavididi instead of Reid, and Cannon for Ayew but after that what else could anyone change? In all honesty, I don't think those changes alter much either. The quality us not there and we knew that.

What would Potter do differently?

I agree.

Since we were last in the PL we’ve lost several good players - Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, KDH, Castagna - and  brought in cheaper players, which reflects our financial position.  This season was always going to be a relegation scrap.  I don’t know why anyone thought different.   
And as for sacking Cooper - well, I think even Pep would have a battle to keep us up this season.  
And we’re not the worst team so far!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not knee jerk to say he's clearly out of his depth, should never have been given the job and we're just wasting time because footballing decorum is to give a manager "time."

There's no evidence at all of him having a functional plan and communicating it to the players. 

Remember when we came up with Pearson and we were struggling for points after the initial flury of excitement around the United game? 

We still looked like there was a plan, we were in games, we were often unlucky. It took deep in to the losing run for Pearson to lose the plot with that four defensive midfielder diamond away at Newcastle. 

This doesn't look like "let him cook" at all does it. You can't watch this and go "I see what he's trying to do, when it clicks we'll be great."

It just looks like a manager that absolutely stumbled in to premier league management with a freak purple patch and is now out of his depth. Especially given that he's being asked to do something different here to Forest. Here he's being asked to back up all of his talk of playing progressive, possession based, attacking football. 

In football, it's always frowned upon to sack a manager without time served, substitute a player before half time, generally make any early change. But statistically, the earlier you make changes the better. 

I really hope we don't throw this season away out of politeness. **** sunk cost, just reverse the mistake and go approach a proper manager. **** it, Potter must have given up on England now. I'll have him third time lucky over this mess. 

Potter would be crazy to come. The Forest fans I know thought Cooper was nuts too.

Pearson tried a lot of different ideas before he got it right in the PL. It clicked in March, with a 3-4-1-2 and an almost all-out attack approach which few of us saw coming.

Two games in, it is absolutely the definition of knee-jerk to say the manager is out of his depth. Especially given (a) that he's already shown elsewhere that he isn't out of his depth and (b) we're in a right old mess, and were before Maresca left. Just look at our post-Xmas form.

• Like 2

Our fans are insane sometimes, we were not expecting to win this surely? We kept up, had our chances, for the most part defensively secure, Faes and Vestegaard actually look like prem centre backs which is a far cry from relegation season, this should give us optimism, Southampton got beat and boo’d off at home against Forest and Ipswich were 4-1 down after half an hour

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

Apaprently Cooper and the players were confident we were going to go on and win the game at half time...

Good. Prefer that they believe that, than if they aren't confident at 1-1 that we can go on and win the game. 

They need to improve, but that will only come if they believe they can go out and win games, especially at 1-1. 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Good. Prefer that they believe that, than if they aren't confident at 1-1 that we can go on and win the game. 

They need to improve, but that will only come if they believe they can go out and win games, especially at 1-1. 

Yeah it is good if they believe that but there was very little in that 2nd half performance that makes me think that was actually the case

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cooper just said he and the players were confident we were going to go on and win the game at half time...

I'd be worried if he came out and said anything else.

Too many of you are already in the mood to turn everything against a man that's been here for 10 minutes and is showing a good attitude. It's weird. Put your efforts into slagging King Power off.

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Yeah it is good if they believe that but there was very little in that 2nd half performance that makes me think that was actually the case

Lack of quality. Fulham have better players and a Manager and system they know well. 
This season is going to be extremely tough, no matter who is the Manager. 

He has 10 games or so to get us going, or he will be gone. 

1 minute ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Our fans are insane sometimes, we were not expecting to win this surely? We kept up, had our chances, for the most part defensively secure, Faes and Vestegaard actually look like prem centre backs which is a far cry from relegation season, this should give us optimism, Southampton got beat and boo’d off at home against Forest and Ipswich were 4-1 down after half an hour

Insane - Ipswich were at the best club side in the world arguably and Forest are probably an equal if not better than Fulham - personally did not expect a win but if we are to have any chance of surviving you need to be competitive at teams like Fulham with a threat - we were completely second best and only one team was ever going to win the game - don’t expect miracles but don’t be deluded either as we will have no chance of survival based upon the two showings so far!

Pick three teams worse than us !

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I'd be worried if he came out and said anything else.

Too many of you are already in the mood to turn everything against a man that's been here for 10 minutes and is showing a good attitude. It's weird. Put your efforts into slagging King Power off.

My point was that the second half to me suggests that certainly was not the case

That was not a team that was confident in what they were doing anywhere on the pitch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cooper just said he and the players were confident we were going to go on and win the game at half time...

On what evidence other than wishful thinking?