Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

I'm.not saying sack Cooper, I don't think that will help at all plus who else would else decent want to come here?, but we need to try and get a couple of more semi decent players in and try and get some better attacking intent in otherwise it's gonna be a long laborious season. You can just sense it.

Maybe another great escape! Who knows!

The game showed us just how far we've fallen, even teams like Fulham have left us behind. We played some good football against Spurs, but today we were just rubbish. No positives for me.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

what game were you watching? we offered basically nothing 

We had 10 shots in the game. But in the 2nd half we did struggle to keep the ball in their half until we bought Ayew on.

disappointing result today it felt like a game we could nick something out off. Their second goal was incredibly poor from our point of view. unforgivable at this level.

We have no natural number 10 or 9 to come off of the bench so once Vardy and Facundo went off it was square pegs in round holes again.

3 more years of Bobby Reid God, help us

The mystery surrounding Ricky P goes on.

The only positive I can think of is Skipp looked half decent when he came on and we looked mildly threatening from set pieces & we have a new chant that will annoyingly stay in my head for the next 2 years 

Edited by nathan lavery

Just now, AKCJ said:

We had 10 shots in the game. But in the 2nd half we did struggle to keep the ball in their half until we bought Ayew on.

10 shots but other than the goal not a single one of them was a good quality chance

Before and after the goal we didn't create another single even decent chance

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

10 shots but other than the goal not a single one of them was a good quality chance

Before and after the goal we didn't create another single even decent chance

I thought there were a few occasions where a better touch or pass would have landed us with a great chance to score.

I'm not suggesting that we've gone to Fulham and blown them off the park but I do think a bit of perspective is needed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

I thought we were an improvement on last week. Cordoba Reid worst player on pitch, Kristiansen struggled and not good enough. Central defenders played well, Winks tidy, Ndidi broke up a lot of play , Justin very strong.

It's going to be a long hard season, but we knew that.

Might be able to pick up points against the bottom eight teams on this performance. 

‘Justin very strong’ except for when both Fulham goals were scored. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Why are you all freaking out? You've spent all pre-season saying we will be sh!t and are going down, so we were sh!t and we will prob go down... Just accept it and chill the fcuk out! You're p!issed off we didn't win a game you didn't expect us to win? 

« Shit is fine, just not this shit, this is a thousand miles from the shit I ordered. »

This seems to be general feeling.
Go down, make money, come back up. Don’t be shit next time.

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The game showed us just how far we've fallen, even teams like Fulham have left us behind. We played some good football against Spurs, but today we were just rubbish. No positives for me.

That’s football though isn’t it.  Teams have ups and downs. 

23 years ago Ipswich beat Man City and relegated them. 

I think those expecting signings this week that will bring goals are going to be disappointed. I believe the club think they've sorted that with Ayew. I reckon no more business will take place.

Those saying we're worse than under Maresca. What would Maresca's passing out from the back approach have done today against Fulham's quality Premier League press? In any event it was effectively the same team at the back and up to midfield except arguably a more natural left-back.

We're not good enough and won't be all season. I won't be beating myself up each week.

I'd play Ricardo at right-back and Justin at left-back, Mavididi instead of Reid, and Cannon for Ayew but after that what else could anyone change? In all honesty, I don't think those changes alter much either. The quality is not there and we knew that.

What would Potter do differently?

Edited by Twitcher

Just now, copunk said:

You know what the sooner some realise we aren't the Leicester of 2019-2021 the better 

I accepted the position we are in well before the first ball was kicked on Monday 

Anyone who genuinely believes we would go and dominate Fulham today need a reality check 

Yeah we could have gone toe to toe, but more then likely they pass around us with ease and we get beat 4 or maybe 5 

Aside from the 2 goals which were defensive disasters from Justin, the plan to keep it tight and maybe sneak a winner was going OK 

It wasn't pretty football at all, and there are areas we need to improve on drastically, but come on FFS, it's 2 games

Pretty much what I've just tried to say in my post 👏

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

You know what the sooner some realise we aren't the Leicester of 2019-2021 the better 

I accepted the position we are in well before the first ball was kicked on Monday 

Anyone who genuinely believes we would go and dominate Fulham today need a reality check 

Yeah we could have gone toe to toe, but more then likely they pass around us with ease and we get beat 4 or maybe 5 

Aside from the 2 goals which were defensive disasters from Justin, the plan to keep it tight and maybe sneak a winner was going OK 

It wasn't pretty football at all, and there are areas we need to improve on drastically, but come on FFS, it's 2 games

Iargely agree. Thought we were resilient and tidy at times

But the frustration is we could be soooo much better. Good players sat twiddling thumbs on the bench and garbage out on the grass

• Like 2