Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah it is good if they believe that but there was very little in that 2nd half performance that makes me think that was actually the case

Other than a brain fart by Justin we probably get something.

We need a couple of quality players at 9 and 10.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

My point was that the second half to me suggests that certainly was not the case

That was not a team that was confident in what they were doing anywhere on the pitch

Would you not think that Fulham play a part in that?

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Lack of quality. Fulham have better players and a Manager and system they know well. 
This season is going to be extremely tough, no matter who is the Manager. 

He has 10 games or so to get us going, or he will be gone. 

I'd actually be happier if we could be confident that was the case. I don't think Top or Rudkin will do that if the Rodgers fiasco is anything to go by.

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Poor Steve, struggled to answer the Ricardo question 

What was he asked, and what did he say?

Cooper’s post match interview on Radio Leicester was one of the most bizarre I have heard in many years.  Quite worrying actually.  Still trying to understand what he meant with those comments on Ricky🤔

• Sad 1

There needs to be a bit of acceptance that we’re a newly promoted side and will take a little bit of time to adjust - the standards are simply so much higher and the sides we’re playing are far more streetwise at this level. 

The positives are the defensive compactness,  resilience and hard work, they kept going. And set pieces are so far looking so much better, especially defensively. 

But the big issues are press resistance and lack of creativity. Fulham bullied us in midfield, and Ndidi in particular struggled with their press. In the 2nd half, Ndidi seemed higher up the pitch but it was Winks who then struggled against their press - he had a poor second half and couldn’t get us up the pitch. So I can see why we’ve signed Skipp to help us get through the press - Fulham’s defence wasn’t all that and we got in some good situations when we got through the midfield but then lacked composure and creativity in the final third. 

A lot of people are criticising Justin’s selection but he played well against Spurs and his pace was important against Traore and Iwobi so understand why he started. That said he made two big errors, and got caught upfield leaving Vestergaard exposed. 

Personally, I don’t see what Kristiansen as an attacking LB gives us over and above Ricardo in an inverted role when we’re struggling to break through the press, and he’s one of the best at getting through it. Also, he gives us much need composure. He surely has to come in for one of the fullbacks. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

I'd actually be happier if we could be confident that was the case. I don't think Top or Rudkin will do that if the Rodgers fiasco is anything to go by.

What was he asked, and what did he say?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

There should be a concerted effort to relegate fulham, bournemouth and Brentford. 

Agreed. Shit football clubs that should be nowhere near the premium of football leagues. 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

My assessment of that is, he sees Justin and Ricardo competing for the RB spot, but Justin has been working harder and more impressive in training. 
Of course, we know that overall, Ricardo is the better player, so I do expect that Cooper will try Ricardo there sooner rather than later. Then, it is up to Riccy to  hold down that place, and also show why so many of us think he should be starting. 
I don't think this is the biggest issue Cooper is facing. He needs to sign more players and then fine tune the team as best as he can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cooper’s post match interview on Radio Leicester was one of the most bizarre I have heard in many years.  Quite worrying actually.  Still trying to understand what he meant with those comments on Ricky🤔

He didn't want to point out that Ricardo isn't his first choice at the moment and stumbled on wording it in a friendly way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Have to say even as a staunch Pearson supporter, there was no grand tactical plan IMO. He seemed to be far more aligned with what Cooper is doing (currently), players with the right mentality, hard work, team spirit etc. 

He was pigheaded in his use of Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton at times. We never got battered in shoreline but there were plenty of games like today. 

What we don’t have is the incredible scouting setup and squad building Walsh created around him. 

You’re not wrong. Cooper and Pearson aren’t dissimilar in their approach on the pitch. But for me it’s about the team if that’s the case, and did Cooper just have a good team around him at Forest? I don’t believe all of that team are here are they? 

It just doesn’t work for me, Cooper already sounds like he’s treading water in his interviews and it’s match day 2. It’s never a good day when you lose a game, and even the opponents didn’t actually play that well. I think Coopers tactics lost us the game, because we just didn’t have enough of a go. 

2 minutes ago, Pita said:

If we play against a mid table team like that. What are the big teams going to do to us 

1-1? I would call Spurs a big team in terms of their squad at the moment. 

We won't play every game like today, we will play worse and lose heavily and play better and beat teams convincingly. 

That is the great but also frustrating thing about this game we love. 

4 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

There should be a concerted effort to relegate fulham, bournemouth and Brentford. 

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Agreed. Shit football clubs that should be nowhere near the premium of football leagues. 

You do realise most other clubs probably have that opinion of us right?

And they succeeded in part of relegating us in 22/23.