Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's a bit doom and gloom on here, but though we deservedly lost today, it's not a total write-off. There were two big issues, Reid was poor, and we couldn't build from the back. Without signing anyone else, we could already address those issues within our squad.

The other key issue is the Striker. Vardy should be an impact player not a starter, and that was obviously the plan at the start of the season, but Daka got injured. Vardy was good against Spurs, but today he could have done a bit better with his decision making in the second half. If we don't get anyone, that will not be something easy to fix.

This season was always going to be tough. Had we not given away the goal on transition, we may well have got a point as I don't think we were clinging on. But we must say that we didn't really deserve to score either and it was a bit fortunate we did off the corner.

Being back up to Daka would’ve quickly resulted in becoming the starter as it did in The Championship because a fit Daka is not as good as an unfit Vardy past his best. 

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Last season it was a side, better on paper than 90% of those we played, with good squad options.

We've downgraded. I honestly think the side and coach we had last season would give us a better chance than the one we have this season (dependant on what we do this window).

Ricardo and Mavididi starting would also boost that side for me, but honestly, do you look at that side thinking we can either a) keep a clean sheet or b) score more than 1 goal a game. I don't. It's really poor for this level

There talent in the team, granted the signings have been poor…. I don’t get Okoli, and Ayew and BDR are just two hideous signings.

Coopers undoubtedly made some honking decisions so far, and he won’t finish the season, unless the board are satisfied to be relegated. But I fear we’ve damaged any chance of survival by even appointing him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pita said:

If we play against a mid table team like that. What are the big teams going to do to us 

We’re favourites to be relegated for a reason. Even without a points deduction it’s a hell of a job to stay up. Personally,  l loved The Championship :ph34r:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, copunk said:

You know what the sooner some realise we aren't the Leicester of 2019-2021 the better 

I accepted the position we are in well before the first ball was kicked on Monday 

Anyone who genuinely believes we would go and dominate Fulham today need a reality check 

Yeah we could have gone toe to toe, but more then likely they pass around us with ease and we get beat 4 or maybe 5 

Aside from the 2 goals which were defensive disasters from Justin, the plan to keep it tight and maybe sneak a winner was going OK 

It wasn't pretty football at all, and there are areas we need to improve on drastically, but come on FFS, it's 2 games

We aren't even the Leicester of 2023-24.

1-1 against Spurs was a good result. 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage isn't horrendous as they are strong at home. It's the way we've been dominated in both games that's concerning. We probably expected to get dominated by spurs but we shouldn't be getting dominated by Fulham. They are a bang average side who will finish in the bottom 6 this season in my opinion. The other concerning thing is we just don't seem to have any game plan. Against spurs we hung on and fought our way to scrape a draw but today you could say our luck ran out. The two goals conceded today were utter piss as well which is doubly annoying. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's a bit doom and gloom on here, but though we deservedly lost today, it's not a total write-off. There were two big issues, Reid was poor, and we couldn't build from the back. Without signing anyone else, we could already address those issues within our squad.

The other key issue is the Striker. Vardy should be an impact player not a starter, and that was obviously the plan at the start of the season, but Daka got injured. Vardy was good against Spurs, but today he could have done a bit better with his decision making in the second half. If we don't get anyone, that will not be something easy to fix.

This season was always going to be tough. Had we not given away the goal on transition, we may well have got a point as I don't think we were clinging on. But we must say that we didn't really deserve to score either and it was a bit fortunate we did off the corner.

Yeah, fully agree. Wasn’t as bad as being made out but there are clear issues (press resistance in midfield, creativity and hold up play to help get us up the pitch) that need sorting fast. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

1-1 against Spurs was a good result. 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage isn't horrendous as they are strong at home. It's the way we've been dominated in both games that's concerning. We probably expected to get dominated by spurs but we shouldn't be getting dominated by Fulham. They are a bang average side who will finish in the bottom 6 this season in my opinion. The other concerning thing is we just don't seem to have any game plan. Against spurs we hung on and fought our way to scrape a draw but today you could say our luck ran out. The two goals conceded today were utter piss as well which is doubly annoying. 

Agree with this.

The positive thing is we’ve been scoring goals again 

1 hour ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

People forget we’re not that Leicester team. A newly promoted teams picks up points at home if they survive. So far, we’ve done that. Fulham are no pushovers and the shoreline was respectable (albeit we were not great) but the -1 on the GD is what counts. 

I sea what you did there 😜

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

My assessment of that is, he sees Justin and Ricardo competing for the RB spot, but Justin has been working harder and more impressive in training. 
Of course, we know that overall, Ricardo is the better player, so I do expect that Cooper will try Ricardo there sooner rather than later. Then, it is up to Riccy to  hold down that place, and also show why so many of us think he should be starting. 
I don't think this is the biggest issue Cooper is facing. He needs to sign more players and then fine tune the team as best as he can.

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He didn't want to point out that Ricardo isn't his first choice at the moment and stumbled on wording it in a friendly way.

Pretty obvious wasn’t it. Could have done it in a more concise was of course. I’d imagine  it’s as simple as JJ showing more effort in preseason etc. That could be extra training, extra fitness work etc. Doesn’t mean Ricardo has done anything wrong, could just be that JJ’s extra work shone. Don’t think people need to look too deep into it. 

He’s clearly a manager who wants everyone to bust a gut and you need to be on board with that. 

• Like 2

The Defence was all over the place for both goals. Kristiansen and Faes were in the Fulham half for the first goal,  Vesty committed himself and missed the ball which left Justin as the only defender and exposed  for the first goal.

Justin was out of position for the 2nd goal.

Losing the manager before the season even started and missing out on signings has left us totally unprepared for this season.

It's going to take Cooper several months to get his ideas across which will be too late.

I don't understand why he's dropped Mavididi or Ricky either, they're our best players from last season.

I wasn't keen on Cooper, it's early days but he's done nothing to convince me he's the right choice. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You conceded two goals today due to problems at RB Steve. Maybe start paying attention it.

In fairness, the first goal wasn’t a fault of JJ. It was a complete overload due to Faes totally switching off and Kristensen being too far up field. JJ got overrun at that point..

50 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Insane - Ipswich were at the best club side in the world arguably and Forest are probably an equal if not better than Fulham - personally did not expect a win but if we are to have any chance of surviving you need to be competitive at teams like Fulham with a threat - we were completely second best and only one team was ever going to win the game - don’t expect miracles but don’t be deluded either as we will have no chance of survival based upon the two showings so far!

Pick three teams worse than us !

Forest are absolutely not in Fulham’s league whatsoever

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Agree with this.

The positive thing is we’ve been scoring goals again 

Yep 2 goals in 2 games is a positive and with some better decision making in the final 3rd, we could have had a couple more 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So what are you going to do sack the manager? 

What's your master plan, love hear it?

I think what I said was fair mate to be honest. We haven’t got the luxury of 10 games, especially with a looming points deduction. 

It’s down to the manager to find something that makes us effective is it not? Have you seen that today? Was that what we’re going to get for 10 games before we change tact? Because if that’s what you’re suggesting we do, we are going to be almost adrift, wouldn’t you agree? 

Not sure how it’s my master plan that matters here, rather just wanting the manager to give us something to at least cling to in the final 3rd. If we aren’t going to have a go at winning the game we’ve got to be really hard to beat. Today we’ve not had a go at all and undone ourselves defensively. That’s not a good combination. 

Our current “tactics” and team selections seem to suggest we are trying to nullify the opponent rather than play to our own strengths. BDR, Ndidi in the current role, Ricardo nowhere near and a couple of other areas aren’t filling me with a lot of confidence we’re going to create much of anything. Other than 1 move today and the chance Vardy missed at Spurs we’ve been decidedly poor going forward. 

Where do you see that changing? 

We lost 2-1 away to a team who will be challenging top half. We were very much in the game for the duration. Under Dean Smith we went there and got smashed 5-0. 

Remember we only have to be better than 3 others and from early showings Everton and Southampton aren't in great nick and I think Ipswich have a very tough task on their  hands like us.

I think we will be able to judge better after the window closes and Cooper has had 2 weeks during the break after Villa to bed everybody in better. 

• Like 1