Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Southampton - lost both games, despite playing with a man advantage for 70 mins at Newcastle.

Ipswich - lost both games, though played two of the best.

Everton - conceded 7, scored 0

Palace - lost both games, selling all of their players

This division is brutal. Our issue is that whilst we are currently 1 point ahead of all of the above teams, in reality we are between 5 to 9 points behind them. I think we could get 40 points, but we need 50. That's a tough ask. But if there's a team stinking out the division so far, it's Everton, not us.

Low 30s will be enough I think we need 44 with a point deduction.

• Like 2

SC is turdifying us guys.  He is taking our side and turning into turd.  Both Ipswich and Southampton live to there merits, we have digressed and become this bitch as team and on the back foot.  Where is foxes never quit, wheres the agression amd fight.  This is getting arse ****ed at its biggest 

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep 2 goals in 2 games is a positive and with some better decision making in the final 3rd, we could have had a couple more 

I don’t want to regurgitate the same things lots of others are saying, but we’ve just got to start Mav on the left and Ricky. Selling KDH was a huge error. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

1-1 against Spurs was a good result. 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage isn't horrendous as they are strong at home. It's the way we've been dominated in both games that's concerning. We probably expected to get dominated by spurs but we shouldn't be getting dominated by Fulham. They are a bang average side who will finish in the bottom 6 this season in my opinion. The other concerning thing is we just don't seem to have any game plan. Against spurs we hung on and fought our way to scrape a draw but today you could say our luck ran out. The two goals conceded today were utter piss as well which is doubly annoying. 

agree. 

But, for how much of the game if Fulham truly dominate? Probably 30 minutes. After this it was purely routine. The most concerning thing for me, is that despite this drop off, we didn’t threaten…. As you said, both goals were horrible goals to concede, they were the type of goals Sheffield United were conceding last season. 

The lack of a tactical plan from Cooper is alarming… unfortunately, this season is likely to be over before it gets started, and the worst bit is, the points deduction won’t even be what sends us down….

We’ve had an opportunity to start a fresh, and we’ve got is wrong in my opinion, Cooper already sounds like a worried man, like a man who doesn’t even believe in what he’s doing here, and we can’t afford to carry that. 

It’s amazing, last season we seemed to get our direction back, so much good work undone in the space of a summer break. 

Heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

SC is turdifying us guys.  He is taking our side and turning into turd.  Both Ipswich and Southampton live to there merits, we have digressed and become this bitch as team and on the back foot.  Where is foxes never quit, wheres the agression amd fight.  This is getting arse ****ed at its biggest 

Star Wars: Revenge of the Shit

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Shit

Dog Shit Afternoon

A Clockwork Shit

The Shit Element

The Hunt For Shit October

Avengers: Age of Shit

Raiders of the Shit Ark

Said before the season started I  thought this is going to be a dire shitfest of a season, so I'm not that upset to be honest, just have to see if some miracle of hard work, bonding and pure luck will change my mind of if we are truly just marking time before returning to the Championship for another attempt at a promotion push but being less PSR screwed.

10 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I don’t want to regurgitate the same things lots of others are saying, but we’ve just got to start Mav on the left and Ricky. Selling KDH was a huge error. 

We’d hav a further six points deduction on top of what we are likely to received 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

We’d hav a further six points deduction on top of what we are likely to received 

I’ll be honest, FFP isn’t something I’m an expert in so if you can explain I’d appreciate it. How does selling KDH for £30m, and then spending more than that on Skipp and Golding for example help us? Is it because he’s an academy lad?

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

That’s football though isn’t it.  Teams have ups and downs. 

23 years ago Ipswich beat Man City and relegated them. 

Of course, history is littered with stories like that. It's just ours has been so quick. Only 2 years ago we finished in 8th, when Fulham weren't even a PL team. Before that we came 5th twice and won the FA cup, when Fulham were yo-yoing between the Championship and the PL. Fast forward 2 years and we can't even compete with these guys. We were the benchmark for a well run club, and those at the top have fuched that up within a few seasons.

The main concern for me is our team's lack of goals, and until we show some ambition by signing a striker, that's not going to change. We can't keep depending on a 37-year-old Vardy, who barely had a look in today. We also need more attacking midfielders, but if we don't secure a new striker before the deadline, we might as well be down already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

I’ll be honest, FFP isn’t something I’m an expert in so if you can explain I’d appreciate it. How does selling KDH for £30m, and then spending more than that on Skipp and Golding for example help us? Is it because he’s an academy lad?

KDH money is pure profit. You can spread what you paid for Skipp and Golding over the term of their contract so less of an impact on FFP

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

KDH money is pure profit. You can spread what you paid for Skipp and Golding over the term of their contract so less of an impact on FFP

FFP is a bit of a joke isn’t it? Zapping so much out of the sport.

A homegrown lad with promise, been with us since a child sold over mismanaged finances, leaving us with an AWOL player and a balding midfielder with a funny run. Cracking.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

He’ll start them both in the cup so he can use that as an excuse to not play them in the next league game. 

Both are not good but I’m undecided if he hasn’t got a clue or thinks what he is doing tactics and team wise is the best option. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Agreed, Ricky is comfortable on the ball which we've been lacking and Mavi is a great outlet with his pace. Whilst Bobby works hard, we can't just have a team of hard workers, we need some.quality that can affect the game at the top end of the pitch. Ayew and Bobby could be good for us at certain times but I wouldn't want to see them both start. Ayew could work up top if he had Mavi and Fatawu running off him but still feel we need another striker and an attacking mid to fill the KDH void like you mentioned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

The main concern for me is our team's lack of goals, and until we show some ambition by signing a striker, that's not going to change. We can't keep depending on a 37-year-old Vardy, who barely had a look in today. We also need more attacking midfielders, but if we don't secure a new striker before the deadline, we might as well be down already.

Yes, but of more concern is that we are creating very little to have a chance of scoring.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

You've digressed into taking crack again haven't you? 

12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Yes it's because it's £40m pure profit on the books. The other signings we've made are amortised over their contracts so minimum outlay on this seasons books. Like you though, I'm no expert so I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Actually surprised that people are being so negative. Yes, it wasn't very good but what were you expecting? Our team isn't very good. 

Think people are disappointed with Coopers tactics and team selections but I agree, we are pretty poor

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Actually surprised that people are being so negative. Yes, it wasn't very good but what were you expecting? Our team isn't very good. 

People will be surprised with how bad we’ll be this year.

Lots seem to think that the relegation season was purely down to Brendan Rodgers, and the players we kept were just mismanaged rather than not very good.

They also fully believe that winning the league last year is in some way relevant to how we’ll fare this year.

We need reinforcements quickly, and not just squad fillers - First teamers who can jump straight in.

• Like 1