Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Was he suggesting here that Ricardo hasn't been good in training?

That's what I took from his comments, He wasn't happy with how he's been training.

Plus he said we'll see what Ricky can do. Well we know what he can do, He's been one of our best players for years now, Hasn't he been looking at any videos of our games over the past few seasons.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

That's what I took from his comments, He wasn't happy with how he's been training.

Plus he said we'll see what Ricky can do. Well we know what he can do, He's been one of our best players for years now, Hasn't he been looking at any videos of our games over the past few seasons.

He has to take it at face value as he sees it tbf - Riccy was particularly poor preseason although he was not the only one - I for one just don’t see what VK gives us at all and would rather have Riccy at RB and JJ at LB but time will tell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

He has to take it at face value as he sees it tbf - Riccy was particularly poor preseason although he was not the only one - I for one just don’t see what VK gives us at all and would rather have Riccy at RB and JJ at LB but time will tell

You can never take preseason form as a given, Some players tend to put more effort in than the seasoned experienced players, Who have done it all before.

Cooper should know that, Plus Ricky was badly injured in a preseason game before, So likely coasting through the early games.

I agree with you on VK. It was him who lost out in a challenge which turned over possession that led to the first goal, Yet JJ is getting the blame.

He's too inexperienced at this level, Though he keeps trying. But really, we've been so poor down our left side that I'm amazed Cooper can't see that.

And it's decisions like that, that will get him sacked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You can never take preseason form as a given, Some players tend to put more effort in than the seasoned experienced players, Who have done it all before.

Cooper should know that, Plus Ricky was badly injured in a preseason game before, So likely coasting through the early games.

I agree with you on VK. It was him who lost out in a challenge which turned over possession that led to the first goal, Yet JJ is getting the blame.

He's too inexperienced at this level, Though he keeps trying. But really, we've been so poor down our left side that I'm amazed Cooper can't see that.

And it's decisions like that, that will get him sacked.

JJ is getting a good portion of the blame for that 1st goal because he was out of position and was soft as fcuk, trying to play for winning an obstruction rather than  actually trying to stop the goal. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

been on a journey to Cornwall most of the day, so didnt watch the game. Didn't look like it went too well. Who were the worst performers? who did Ayew replace? did we see any of Skipp? did ricardo and Mav get any game time?

Wouldn’t say anyone was particularly bad that stunk the place out. Gave the ball away far too much which was our biggest problem. 

Ayew came on for Vardy. Skipp came on. Ricardo no. Mavididi yes. 

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Think people are disappointed with Coopers tactics and team selections but I agree, we are pretty poor

I think you've hit the nail well and truly on the head there my friend.

Granted we're not the best, but the sum of our parts is a whole lot better than what's currently being churned out on the pitch. 

I was (and just about still) willing to at least to give Cooper a chance.  But like a lot of others, I'm confused with his team selection and the not starting of arguably two of our most affective players. 

To me, we look disjointed and devoid of ideas at times and lacking a plan A, B or Plan anything, and we appear not to be playing to the strengths of the.collective.

Like others have said swap Ricky P for JJ's  position and then move him over to LB, as Kristiansen hasn't really impressed me. Swop Bobby for Stephy and actually look to press forward.(Yes I appreciate the step up in quality of the opposition - but we can and should show a bit more gusto) Let's at least try and impose our game on the opposition...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

been on a journey to Cornwall most of the day, so didnt watch the game. Didn't look like it went too well. Who were the worst performers? who did Ayew replace? did we see any of Skipp? did ricardo and Mav get any game time?

Bit of a nothing game really.

Fulham showed bits, but were by no way as dominant as Spurs.

Fulham started brightly, we had riden that spell out and appeared to be growing in the game and then conceded an awful goal from an uncoordinated high press.

Grew into the game again from there - without ever looking really threatening except at set pieces - and then Faes scores from a corner - so one positive to take.

2nd half was largely a non-event - and again, uncoordinated press allows Iwobi to run free for 30 odd yards on goal and to slot home.

Huffed and puffed after that, but never really threatened to score - fair result in the end, but it was by no means a stellar performance from Fulham.

Performance wise, no-one really stood out - maybe Hammers, he was solid yet again, even if he probably feels he could have kept Iwobi’s shot out.

Skipp came on - did ok, could be useful, but need to see more.

Ayew showed he shouldn’t be allowed to take free kicks.

Mav got 20 minutes too - didn’t get much chance to do anything.

Ricardo remained on the bench throughout.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Strange but given his injury woes, I can't see Ricky going full throttle in training. Justin has also had injury worries but is a fair few years younger than Ricky. To an extent i understand that .managers want to see players show their best in training but exceptions should be made. Many good players weren't great in training for differing reasons but the main thing is if they produce on match day like Ricky has time and time again 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

By far the biggest concern about Cooper’s record as manager is Forest’s away record in the PL under him, which was execrable (they had the 10th best home record in 2022/23, which is more than decent for a newly-promoted side). I was really hoping that today Cooper would show that in his time between jobs he studied how to set teams up away from home. Unfortunately there was zero evidence of that. Fulham played like the mid-table outfit they are - tidy, decent in possession but nothing special. Yet we were utterly passive and fearful for most of the game today. There was no sense of momentum from the second half against Spurs. We just looked so insipid and devoid of ideas. Our efforts after they went 2-1 up were particularly shameful - we scarcely laid a glove on them. I know it’s only one game, but on that evidence Cooper has still not got his head around how to get his teams to perform away, which is a little ominous. 

Their squad was miles better than ours

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

JJ is getting a good portion of the blame for that 1st goal because he was out of position and was soft as fcuk, trying to play for winning an obstruction rather than  actually trying to stop the goal. 

Yes,  In his defence, He was also caught 2 v 1 when the ball came down his side quickly.  Does he dive into Smith Rowe and give away a Penalty. 

If VK had of won the header on the left side it would have been in touch and the whole situation changes.

Those are the small margins at this level.

43 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t say anyone was particularly bad that stunk the place out. Gave the ball away far too much which was our biggest problem. 

Ayew came on for Vardy. Skipp came on. Ricardo no. Mavididi yes. 

wonder if we were too confident. just listened to when you're smiling and cooper said half time lads were confident of the win. Sounds like we were careless

Was the ayew chant with a hint of irony today or just cause many love the ole ole chant!?

Insipid performance and wonder why there's bugger all movement from the forward players, hope this isn't Cooper's coaching...