Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

Said it before will say it again Justin is a liability at this level his fault for both of their goals today.  Swap JJ for Ricardo next week v villa.  Was never going to be easy 2 games gone and the positive is we are not cannon fodder at this level.  Could be worse Everton, 😆 🤣  

7 minutes ago, georgelcfc34 said:

What is it with people saying ‘look at how we were playing last season’. It was literally the league below. The leagues are miles apart. If Maresca was still here, we would have got thumped in both games 3 or 4-0. Would have been suicidal playing that way in the premier league with the players we have

Would be nice to play something at least. Rather than watch Fulham play poorly, and still beat us…….. some form of identity would be nice. 

• Like 1

I have waited a while for everything to calm down.

For me there was too much top ball.  Was hoping it would have been the end of it under cooper but looks like its going to continue this season, maybe not every game at least I suppose.

But I see already some are back to blaming individual players.   Thinking its individual errors that lose games instead of a team and tactical performance.

Other Premier League sides are more physical than us, especially in midfield and up front. Need to address this. Skipp did well when he came on and I think he’ll start the next.

Playing with Vardy at his age ,away from home, is almost like playing with 10 men. Can’t run the channels, can’t hold it up for us when we need a breather. Isn’t his fault but come on, let’s get another striker to help him out because he can still get goals, just can’t be the main man at this level. 

Don’t understand the Mavidivi sub choice again, he’s more dangerous, and more importantly, stronger than Bobby Dr. 

Positives: We have one of the best keepers in the league and a good debut from Skipp. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I have waited a while for everything to calm down.

For me there was too much top ball.  Was hoping it would have been the end of it under cooper but looks like its going to continue this season, maybe not every game at least I suppose.

But I see already some are back to blaming individual players.   Thinking its individual errors that lose games instead of a team and tactical performance.

The manager implements the tactics though…… there’s no obviously method….. today was a mixture of badly trying to play out of the back, smashing it forward and panicking in possession. 

I think it’s a lack of confidence in the system. No one looks like they know what they’re doing out there. I wouldn’t mind if the players are making errors trying to play risky passes and good patterns of play. But it’s not, it’s just fear and incompetence.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The manager implements the tactics though…… there’s no obviously method….. today was a mixture of badly trying to play out of the back, smashing it forward and panicking in possession. 

I think it’s a lack of confidence in the system. No one looks like they know what they’re doing out there. I wouldn’t mind if the players are making errors trying to play risky passes and good patterns of play. But it’s not, it’s just fear and incompetence.

Dont think I can argue with you on the team not being fluid, but I do think we need to get top ball out of the system, its difficult to get right and the team as a whole I think isnt capable of it.  I also definitely think there needs to be more time to see what the current management can do, I am usually one of the more impatient fans, and even I think the people deciding its not going to work this early is daft.  He hasnt even got his complete squad yet due to the poor transfer window.

I have no doubt he is being pressured to play top ball.  Like all of our recent managers have been.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He hasn’t had long. Give it time…

He's had all pre season. There was literally no improvement from our first game to last, in fact I'd almost say we regressed. I'm not expecting things to be perfect, but for a group of players that look disjointed, I'd suggest he's not getting his message across very well. I admire the hard work ethic, but it would be nice to see some cohesive play and attacking intent.

• Haha 1

Just now, MGLCFC said:

He's had all pre season. There was literally no improvement from our first game to last, in fact I'd almost say we regressed. I'm not expecting things to be perfect, but for a group of players that look disjointed, I'd suggest he's not getting his message across very well. I admire the hard work ethic, but it would be nice to see some cohesive play and attacking intent.

Except he hasnt, the DoF was not capable of getting the squad in place before the first pre season game and we also still had players not back at that point, plus pre season cannot be compared to competitive games.

I cant think of many occasions if any at all when I have heard fans say pre season is enough time for a manager to make his mark.  I can only rationalise it in a way that the people who are saying thats long enough are people who decided he is to fail the moment he took the job.

Also I think if I heard right our own fans were singing a negative song in game 2 of the season.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Pre season is totally irrelevant to me so I can’t say I’ve seen a minute of it. I’m judging him on managing a team for two games with a side who have lost their heartbeat (KDH) and once again, in desperate need of a top class striker. He’s managing with his hands tied behind his back currently. At least we’re not getting smashed to pieces like those first few games under Rodgers two seasons ago. I’m prepared to give Cooper more time and I pray he can bring some more players in. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, georgelcfc34 said:

What is it with people saying ‘look at how we were playing last season’. It was literally the league below. The leagues are miles apart. If Maresca was still here, we would have got thumped in both games 3 or 4-0. Would have been suicidal playing that way in the premier league with the players we have

Not only that, it wasnt particularly good either, negative football most games, we got the points we got primarily due to the fact we had a squad built with EPL money, a squad that was the most expensive to ever get relegated, and even then Enzo only got over the line after a Vardy led meeting.

As you said the gulf is huge now, the established EPL clubs are way better than they were a decade ago, we were in that established set of clubs until the ownership messed it up.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not only that, it wasnt particularly good either, negative football most games, we got the points we got primarily due to the fact we had a squad built with EPL money, a squad that was the most expensive to ever get relegated, and even then Enzo only got over the line after a Vardy led meeting.

As you said the gulf is huge now, the established EPL clubs are way better than they were a decade ago, we were in that established set of clubs until the ownership messed it up.

Definitely. Short memories. Last season was not good football in the main and we got lucky to get over the line in the end

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Pure terrorism. Not even the Taliban would have subbed on Jordan Ayew and Oliver Skipp when we did. 

Go on, Jord, take that free kick. 

Not even the Taliban would let Ricardo not see a minute so far this season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Dont think I can argue with you on the team not being fluid, but I do think we need to get top ball out of the system, its difficult to get right and the team as a whole I think isnt capable of it.  I also definitely think there needs to be more time to see what the current management can do, I am usually one of the more impatient fans, and even I think the people deciding its not going to work this early is daft.  He hasnt even got his complete squad yet due to the poor transfer window.

I have no doubt he is being pressured to play top ball.  Like all of our recent managers have been.

I agree with you, but you expect to see something, if we’re going to counter attack you need to set up properly. It’s not much to expects I refuse to accept this team is so shit that they can’t even set up properly. Some fans are talking as if we didn’t win the league last season, yes it’s not a great league, but this team still has enough about it to stay up in my opinion. 

I just don’t think Cooper is a good coach, there just is absolutely nothing at all that would suggest the players know what they’re doing. You would expect at the very least some sort of system and organisation, but when you rewatch Iwobi’s goal, it just shows there’s a real lack of understanding. 

Surely the first thing is to sort out the fundamentals of the system, and build from there. 

I know it seems to be popular to bash the club and the team, but I actually have more respect for Enzo, just seeing how quickly he was able to gel the team, irrespective of the quality of the league…. And now, we look completely clueless and that’s in a team with premier league experience. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Southampton - lost both games, despite playing with a man advantage for 70 mins at Newcastle.

Ipswich - lost both games, though played two of the best.

Everton - conceded 7, scored 0

Palace - lost both games, selling all of their players

This division is brutal. Our issue is that whilst we are currently 1 point ahead of all of the above teams, in reality we are between 5 to 9 points behind them. I think we could get 40 points, but we need 50. That's a tough ask. But if there's a team stinking out the division so far, it's Everton, not us.

Could this finally be the season where Everton gets relegated? They look absolutely shite.