Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

Hit me this evening just how detached I’ve become. It’s devastating to be honest, I think someone above said “I forgot how much a shit result ruins your weekend”… honestly, I barely feel anything. I’ve had a lovely day today.

Quite frankly I just want the Leicester I love back. The one that impressed people with their recruitment, impressed people with their team spirit, the one clubs looked up to. 

Get that ****ing glorified PE teacher Rudkin and his useless boss as far away from this club as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Hit me this evening just how detached I’ve become. It’s devastating to be honest, I think someone above said “I forgot how much a shit result ruins your weekend”… honestly, I barely feel anything. I’ve had a lovely day today.

Quite frankly I just want the Leicester I love back. The one that impressed people with their recruitment, impressed people with their team spirit, the one clubs looked up to. 

Get that ****ing glorified PE teacher Rudkin and his useless boss as far away from this club as possible. 

You must be new to all this.  THIS is exactly the Leicester that Leicester have normally been.  The previous decade has been a huge anomaly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That won’t happen unless Top either sells, or sacks his board and recruits better people. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree with you, but you expect to see something, if we’re going to counter attack you need to set up properly. It’s not much to expects I refuse to accept this team is so shit that they can’t even set up properly. Some fans are talking as if we didn’t win the league last season, yes it’s not a great league, but this team still has enough about it to stay up in my opinion. 

I just don’t think Cooper is a good coach, there just is absolutely nothing at all that would suggest the players know what they’re doing. You would expect at the very least some sort of system and organisation, but when you rewatch Iwobi’s goal, it just shows there’s a real lack of understanding. 

Surely the first thing is to sort out the fundamentals of the system, and build from there. 

I know it seems to be popular to bash the club and the team, but I actually have more respect for Enzo, just seeing how quickly he was able to gel the team, irrespective of the quality of the league…. And now, we look completely clueless and that’s in a team with premier league experience. 

If we like this in 10-15 or so games time I might join in, but its just way too soon for me sorry.

4 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Could this finally be the season where Everton gets relegated? They look absolutely shite.

We can only hope so, but just like last season, at least one team is going to get docked points again this season and that might save them.

Just now, Greg2607 said:

You must be new to all this.  THIS is exactly the Leicester that Leicester have normally been.  The previous decade has been a huge anomaly. 

Yeah but to be fair I even enjoyed the crackers stuff in the 2000’s too lol.

I should have added that really. 

4 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

According to Simon Pearce, a Tier 2-rated source:

The sudden rush to marry is apparently due to Jon having had a child out of wedlock some time ago. Top’s unwavering trust in Jon means he’s evidently convinced the child is his.

bren.jpg.19fe2fac32c45e717908994bab3a493c.jpg

To be fair, he does look a bit like Top.

Just now, The Doctor said:

that's a third of the season, too late at that point.

Too late for what? 2 games there is no pattern established, pre season is irrelevant.

But if you looking for patterns in only 2 games.

Everton 0 scored 7 conceded

Ipswich 1 scored 6 conceded

Palace 1 scored 4 conceded

Wolves and Southampton both no goals scored.

Us 2 goals scored 3 conceded.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Too late for what? 2 games there is no pattern established, pre season is irrelevant.

But if you looking for patterns in only 2 games.

Everton 0 scored 7 conceded

Ipswich 1 scored 6 conceded

Palace 1 scored 4 conceded

Wolves and Southampton both no goals scored.

Us 2 goals scored 3 conceded.

too late to turn the season around after 10-15 games.

It's about patterns of play, not results just yet, and they were non existent in pre-season and non-existent in the league, as they were non-existent when Cooper was at forest. This obsession with "giving a manager time" is pure sunk cost fallacy and just means not taking action to correct your mistakes.

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Can’t wait to see what the hell our next manager is expected to do this season with Ayew, Skipp and Reid.

The next manager won't utilise Ayew or Reid at all, they'll just be a drain on the wage bill and the fee for Ayew will reduce our PSR freedom.

• Like 3

Watched the short highlights and aside from them leaving Faes completely unmarked for some reason, they can probably feel like they should have won by 3 or 4. 

Some good saves and poor misses helped keep it respectable looking.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

too late to turn the season around after 10-15 games.

It's about patterns of play, not results just yet, and they were non existent in pre-season and non-existent in the league, as they were non-existent when Cooper was at forest. This obsession with "giving a manager time" is pure sunk cost fallacy and just means not taking action to correct your mistakes.

You think 2 games is enough time to get a well oiled pattern of play?

As I said pre season irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Pre-season is as much about establishing patterns of play as getting match fitness. It's why people say things like "give him the pre-season to put his stamp on/shape the team". We have no shape, and no stamp from Cooper. Can you honestly say you know what his plan is? Could you last season/pre-season with Maresca?

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, georgelcfc34 said:

What is it with people saying ‘look at how we were playing last season’. It was literally the league below. The leagues are miles apart. If Maresca was still here, we would have got thumped in both games 3 or 4-0. Would have been suicidal playing that way in the premier league with the players we have

It's all a moot point - we'll never know how he would or wouldn't have done.
I'm fairly confident we would have been stronger than last year with Maresca, simply by virtue of another pre-season and fine tuning of the squad. We likely wouldn't have lost KDH for one and two of our best players from last year would be starting.
Also not convinced Maresca would've signed off on Reid or Ayew.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He's had an entire pre-season to train this "similar style" to Maresca. 

I know last year we made the transition to the style in near record speed, but the transition was arguably much bigger than what Cooper says he's attempting.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

You can say it all you like, it's still wrong. From the moment Enzo came in, even in pre-season, you could see the patterns of play he wanted in those games. Cooper, everything is completely disjointed. Anyone looking at this and not desperate to excuse him can see that this is poor coaching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

been on a journey to Cornwall most of the day, so didnt watch the game. Didn't look like it went too well. Who were the worst performers? who did Ayew replace? did we see any of Skipp? did ricardo and Mav get any game time?

The player reviews will tell u loud and clear who the worst performers were. 😬

• Like 1

Just now, iancognito said:

Fact is with a potential -10 in deductions incoming we need 45-50 pts to avoid relegation. That means 10 home wins and getting something at places like Craven Cottage.

We weren't even close.

We’re not getting a ten point deduction.

I’m not sure if this is already mentioned but are we slow to start because the manager instructs that in style? I mean, we don’t have to sit too deep, do we? We do have players at the beginning of the match, fit and capable as much as many teams in the league, but we sit back as though we are scared. The first 11 isn’t so terrible it shouldn’t be able to consider itself a contender in this league.

• Like 1