Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Fact is with a potential -10 in deductions incoming we need 45-50 pts to avoid relegation. That means 10 home wins and getting something at places like Craven Cottage.

We weren't even close.

There won’t be 3 teams getting over 30 points this season. 

I can see a points total of around 30 being good enough to stay up this season.

Luton finished on 26 points last year in 18th.

19 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

So many big babies on this forum. One loss and your crying like it’s the end of the world🤣 Grow up seriously! Oh and it’s all Rudkin’s fault obviously 😂

Most here seem to think we're still a Champions League side.

Ok, what was ok today?.

We were resilient in a way not seen for nearly an decade. At times we took the sting out of the game nicely. 

And, I thought Vesty, Faes, VK (tho noone else seems to)  were ok, Winks Mads about par and first 25 mins aside, thought Wilf was excellent. 

Thought Skipp looked really tidy when he came on. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ok, what was ok today?.

We were resilient in a way not seen for nearly an decade. At times we took the sting out of the game nicely. 

And, I thought Vesty, Faes, VK (tho noone else seems to)  were ok, Winks Mads about par and first 25 mins aside, thought Wilf was excellent. 

Thought Skipp looked really tidy when he came on. 

We were ok for an away game. It’s the emotion post game but the reality is, we lost the game by two moments of lapse concentration. It wasn’t the worst away performance in the world.

We need pace. Especially for away games because we will be under pressure, 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm afraid the rot in this club is so deep now, we are going to freefall into relegation unless everything is stripped back to nothing. You look at the squad we have and there is literally zero planning for the future - Reid and Ayew, really? Absolute madness I'm afraid. How we have got into this terrible position with no heads rolling is criminal and corrupt.

Cooper will pick up the odd point but his signature wasn't about ambition. He is out of his depth.

Yep. The board have singularly taken a team that was regularly challenging for Champions League places 4-5 years ago, and turned them into a set of top half Championship cloggers. It's actually quite spectacular how quickly we have reverted to type given how impressive our recent history has been. It's criminal that they have thrown it away.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wignalll2007 said:

So many big babies on this forum. One loss and your crying like it’s the end of the world🤣 Grow up seriously! Oh and it’s all Rudkin’s fault obviously 😂

I wish I could live life as if every outcome occurs in a vacuum. Must be nice. 

48 minutes ago, shasse said:

There was a reason Cooper was sacked by Forest. In one of the toughest leagues in the world, signing a 32 year old striker who scored roughly once in ten games just won't cut it.

I’m sure his awful goalscoring rate was simply due to Palace not understanding that he’s a wizard at free kicks. lol

5 hours ago, hburton982024 said:

do better steve cooper or else youll be sacked before christmas that peromance was poor i wasnt ahppy with jordan ayew because he misseda chance we could of got a point from that game we need a new stiker lacked quality in the final 3rd 

Thing is, Steve Cooper was the best we can afford. If we sack him in the next few months, there's not a stack of better managers lining up to take his place. We literally spent months looking only two months ago, and Cooper was the best that was out there that we could afford.

1 hour ago, wignalll2007 said:

it's much more than just 1 loss tho isnt it? look at the direction the club is going. fair enough if you want to be positive in such a shitty situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

There needs to be a bit of acceptance that we’re a newly promoted side and will take a little bit of time to adjust - the standards are simply so much higher and the sides we’re playing are far more streetwise at this level. 

The positives are the defensive compactness,  resilience and hard work, they kept going. And set pieces are so far looking so much better, especially defensively. 

But the big issues are press resistance and lack of creativity. Fulham bullied us in midfield, and Ndidi in particular struggled with their press. In the 2nd half, Ndidi seemed higher up the pitch but it was Winks who then struggled against their press - he had a poor second half and couldn’t get us up the pitch. So I can see why we’ve signed Skipp to help us get through the press - Fulham’s defence wasn’t all that and we got in some good situations when we got through the midfield but then lacked composure and creativity in the final third. 

A lot of people are criticising Justin’s selection but he played well against Spurs and his pace was important against Traore and Iwobi so understand why he started. That said he made two big errors, and got caught upfield leaving Vestergaard exposed. 

Personally, I don’t see what Kristiansen as an attacking LB gives us over and above Ricardo in an inverted role when we’re struggling to break through the press, and he’s one of the best at getting through it. Also, he gives us much need composure. He surely has to come in for one of the fullbacks. 

I agree with you that Skipp needs to come in for Ndidi to help us beat the press and connect our defence with midfield. Winks alone struggled because he had no one to help him. As Enzo said, we need to rely on a game plan and his was to always have more in numbers in the area around the ball to help us get the ball upfield. This is why Ndidi is not suitable to play there and Ricardo, as you say, was so important as an inverted RB who can come up to help Winks.

Even if Kristiansen is great at attacking, which he is not or not doing much of it, he cannot do that if we can’t even get up the pitch. Further, just like Winks, he has little option in passing so he often bombs his pass.

It is clear Ricardo needs to start and Ndidi has to be dropped (unless he plays as AM but then you question whether we may as well start Ayew, McAteer or Alves there).

What I am more worried about is whether Cooper sees this. He clearly has an issue with Ricardo and he is so far making a similar mistake as Rodgers was in starting Ndid as DM during the last 3 years of his tenure. Ndidi clearly doesn’t want to play there too - just watch the number of times he gesture to his teammates to pass backwards or to another player when he could have gotten into a better position to receive the ball.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1