Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

Well we were crap going forward , we played so slow that a worm could have beat so to the ball . 
how does Reid get a start he was again hopeless , can’t hold the ball and is so slow.

cooper has taken over where Rodgers left of , he waits so long to make changes, 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I said exactly the same thing.

Yeah, that may be why JJ was waiving his arms.  He was trying to set the offside trap for Iwobi, but failed as Rowe Smith was coming from

the far left. But Iwobi was still in an offside position and therefore possibly interfered with play while being offside. Depends on how long you stretch the offside rule. But in any event there was interference.

6 hours ago, The_77 said:

I wish I could live life as if every outcome occurs in a vacuum. Must be nice. 

I wish some on this forum could be placed into a vacuum.

Babies? What even is that as an insult? That's a Steve Cooper level insult; weak, insipid, limp, directionless. I want dilly dong Champions League level insults.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Defending was appalling for that first goal 

Agree, Vesty and Faes both really poor positionally. Abdul switches off completely too.

Just hopped onto a Fulham forum to see their thoughts on us, safe to say they thought we were really bad.

Funny, as on here, majority think we need a centre forward and attacking midfielder. Fulham fans seem far more sure that our back 4 was our biggest issue. 

Okoli hopefully not far off being given a chance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Thing is, Steve Cooper was the best we can afford. If we sack him in the next few months, there's not a stack of better managers lining up to take his place. We literally spent months looking only two months ago, and Cooper was the best that was out there that we could afford.

The club completely pinched the pennies when selecting the next manager. Let’s not forget Chelsea paid us £8mil for Maresca. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Thing is, Steve Cooper was the best we can afford. If we sack him in the next few months, there's not a stack of better managers lining up to take his place. We literally spent months looking only two months ago, and Cooper was the best that was out there that we could afford.

He wasn't the best we could afford, he was the option that meant we didn't have to start being a proerly run club rather than a "jobs for the boys" club. He was the one that didn't want a half-way competent DoF appointing as a prerequisite for taking the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I wish some on this forum could be placed into a vacuum.

Babies? What even is that as an insult? That's a Steve Cooper level insult; weak, insipid, limp, directionless. I want dilly dong Champions League level insults.

Get yourself on r/LCFC, it's a happy clapping shithole that will throw insults at anyone who thinks that we should attempt to create more than 1 chance a game.

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And 90% seem happy with it.

I don’t think anyone is happy with it. But when it comes to on the field stuff, I think most are able to recognise that neither the manager nor new signings can be judged on two games. 

Yes, yesterday was shit. But there were many misplaced passes and other individual errors from usually ok players. And, yes, I’d be very disappointed if Ricky P was frozen out. But let’s give the poor guy more than two games before the massive pile-on starts. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And 90% seem happy with it.

I'm torn. I think we are above the points I expected after these 2 games.

But equally,  the way we are playing is relegation standard.

Edited by adejo92

Before the game I was thinking that this was probably one of our best opportunities to get some away points this season, on the basis that I expect these will be lower mid-table at best and Craven Cottage is hardly intimidating for visiting teams. But let's face it, it was obvious from the off that Fulham are vastly superior all over the pitch. We're going to have to look elsewhere for an established club that might drop off and join us in the relegation scrap, to give us a chance of somehow staying up. 

But to be honest, Cooper's team selections and tactics are not giving us a fighting chance. For example:

1. If you're going to park the bus, at least select fast players up front, who are able to dribble and get you up the pitch, to give you a chance of hitting the opposition on the transition. To that end, Mavididi must start over Reid from now on.

2. Why is Ayew first off the bench less than 24 hours after signing - and then given priority to take a dangerous free kick? It's like Cooper regards him as some sort of superstar, FFS. God knows what Stephy must be thinking.

3. I realise that they scored just as he was about to make his second set of subs, but surely when you've just gone 2-1 down you reconsider whether it makes sense to have 3 CDMs on the field when you're now chasing a goal to save the game?

4. Why the f--- is Ricardo not only not starting but getting zero minutes? Utter madness!

In terms of individuals who did okay - I thought that Mads was good again (though will be a bit disappointed by the second goal, given he got a strong hand on the shot), the CBs were solid (apart from 1 Faes brainfart when he tried a flick in his own penalty area), plus I'm surprised to read some negativity about VK. I thought he did a good job negating Traoré, who was subbed off early. And although he didn't get forward much, that was more because we kept losing the ball in midfield and so struggled to get out of our own half. Abdul was dangerous at times but the forward players were feeding off scraps. 

Reid was again the weakest link but I'm very worried that against Villa, Cooper will select him and Ayew on the flanks, ahead of 3 CDMs, in an attempt to be solid and have lots of PL experience on the pitch. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree with you that Skipp needs to come in for Ndidi to help us beat the press and connect our defence with midfield. Winks alone struggled because he had no one to help him. As Enzo said, we need to rely on a game plan and his was to always have more in numbers in the area around the ball to help us get the ball upfield. This is why Ndidi is not suitable to play there and Ricardo, as you say, was so important as an inverted RB who can come up to help Winks.

Even if Kristiansen is great at attacking, which he is not or not doing much of it, he cannot do that if we can’t even get up the pitch. Further, just like Winks, he has little option in passing so he often bombs his pass.

It is clear Ricardo needs to start and Ndidi has to be dropped (unless he plays as AM but then you question whether we may as well start Ayew, McAteer or Alves there).

What I am more worried about is whether Cooper sees this. He clearly has an issue with Ricardo and he is so far making a similar mistake as Rodgers was in starting Ndid as DM during the last 3 years of his tenure. Ndidi clearly doesn’t want to play there too - just watch the number of times he gesture to his teammates to pass backwards or to another player when he could have gotten into a better position to receive the ball.

I think Cooper does, he seemed to drop Ricardo after that clanger vs. Palermo. Justin was superb for us as LB before his major injury, so he could slot in Kristiansen if we want to maintain his pace in defence. 

After Justin's mistakes yesterday, and our general lack of composure, the team needs Ricardo at RB. 

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Before the game I was thinking that this was probably one of our best opportunities to get some away points this season, on the basis that I expect these will be lower mid-table at best and Craven Cottage is hardly intimidating for visiting teams. But let's face it, it was obvious from the off that Fulham are vastly superior all over the pitch. We're going to have to look elsewhere for an established club that might drop off and join us in the relegation scrap, to give us a chance of somehow staying up. 

But to be honest, Cooper's team selections and tactics are not giving us a fighting chance. For example:

1. If you're going to park the bus, at least select fast players up front, who are able to dribble and get you up the pitch, to give you a chance of hitting the opposition on the transition. To that end, Mavididi must start over Reid from now on.

2. Why is Ayew first off the bench less than 24 hours after signing - and then given priority to take a dangerous free kick? It's like Cooper regards him as some sort of superstar, FFS. God knows what Stephy must be thinking.

3. I realise that they scored just as he was about to make his second set of subs, but surely when you've just gone 2-1 down you reconsider whether it makes sense to have 3 CDMs on the field when you're now chasing a goal to save the game?

4. Why the f--- is Ricardo not only not starting but getting zero minutes? Utter madness!

In terms of individuals who did okay - I thought that Mads was good again (though will be a bit disappointed by the second goal, given he got a strong hand on the shot), the CBs were solid (apart from 1 Faes brainfart when he tried a flick in his own penalty area), plus I'm surprised to read some negativity about VK. I thought he did a good job negating Traoré, who was subbed off early. And although he didn't get forward much, that was more because we kept losing the ball in midfield and so struggled to get out of our own half. Abdul was dangerous at times but the forward players were feeding off scraps. 

Reid was again the weakest link but I'm very worried that against Villa, Cooper will select him and Ayew on the flanks, ahead of 3 CDMs, in an attempt to be solid and have lots of PL experience on the pitch. 

I am with u , Ricardo was one of our best last year , VK is not even in his plant , I can see cooper picking his favourites all season, Reid is terrible, he offers nothing , and why has malvidia not starting , cooper has lost me already 

Simple really we`re off the pace, Fulham were quicker and totally out muscled us all over the pitch. In addition it was immediately back to the old problem of giving the ball away too often and you can`t do it in this league.

Against Spurs we managed to pick the pace up, get the press working and put a shift in fpr part of the game, yesterday, not enough effort and no quality anywhere on the pitch.

I watched the whole game and didn`t even realise Reid and Buonanotti were playing, anonomous and toothless

Skipp was the only positive and Faes had a better game than most.

Edited by steveb
  • Like 1

First time seeing the goal. There seemed to be a bit of debate in the sky sports studio and from the commentator in the ground. He even thought it would be disallowed lol

There's literally nothing to check?! 

Leno even pushes Vardy away and Faes doesn't even head it towards Leno lol

Seemed to take a while to be confirmed? 

Mike Dean in the studio even seemed to think it'd be ruled out offside as well but was more erring that there could be a possibility the goal would be fine.