Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

Genuinely thought it was going to be a lot worse. 

Bringing Skippy in to start over Wilf will help give us something extra in midfield. 

But we desperately need another actual striker and creative attacker. 

This season is going to be defined by survival.

I think we all need to realise where we are and accept it’s going to be a tough season.

We were away from home, we weren’t rinsed and Fulham are a reasonable side.

• Like 1

The annoying thing has to be both goals coming from transitions whilst we were high up the pitch.

Need to work on our transition play too - with both forwards dropping to form the block, we don’t have any immediate threat going the other way and that leads to us getting bogged down in possession when we do win it back.

Winks seemed starved of the ball in good areas today too… my solution would have been to push him forward and have Ndidi and Skipp shield the back four.

One other obvious thing - as good as Jannik is as a defender, I think we’re compensating for his horrific lack of pace too much. It’s a factor that will restrict our willingness bring the back line up and to press high.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

6 minutes ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Got dominated. Out-thought and fought. Cooper got that very wrong. Not many positives. Desperately in need of some goals. 

Ayew doesn’t look fit and won’t score the goals we need. He looks like a link up player but we don’t have the goals around him.

Skipp is such a strange signing - he’s essentially the same player as Winks but worse. They don’t fit as a pair. 

Thought the defence did ok given the pressure they came under. Wilf actually destroyed and carried it well. 

long season ahead 

I thought we looked better with Skipp on the pitch. Better in transition from defence to mid. 

Too early to tell.

But so far a few concerns:

- it seems like we don’t have much of a possession game plan

- playing Ndidi as DM, dropping Ricardo, and putting Ward on the bench is really concerning as a reflection of Coopers

- Mavididi, Ricardo and Skipp must start ahead of Reid, Kristiansen and Ndidi

- Coopers play like as if we don’t belong like a Championship side preparing for a cup tie against EPL opposition. Be more positive. Have guts. We still have a decent team if we play it.

• Like 2

Problems are already clear as day.

Justin unfortunately looks finished, BDCR offers very little. 

Ricardo and Mavididi must start. 

Four new signings needed in a week otherwise we’re down imo. 

• Like 3

Just now, DennisNedry said:

People need to learn to accept what we now are: relegation fodder.

We're not going to pick many points up away from home. Every single team in the League will be expecting 3 points against us at their own grounds.

Delusions of grandeur big time on FoxesTalk.

How dramatic 

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

It's the most bizarre appointment in decades.

Leicester are a club currently that had already accepted relegation.

Up there with the shittest football I've ever seen. He taken a talented group of positive players and has made them into negative defensive amatuers.

The premier league is way out of his depth and so is leicester now. We had a chance of staying up until we appointed him.

It's shocking 

Oh shut up 😂 It was a dreadful performance but it’s been two games. Chill out. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

**** sake, come on? Seriously? 

Fulham are a bang average premier league team, who incidentally looked poor after their first goal for most of the game. Two goals conceded were the sort of goals you see scored on a playground in a primary school during morning break, and we looked about as dangerous as chihuahua with no teeth. 

You wouldn’t mind if we played really well and were unlucky, but we didn’t, we didn’t even look capable of even troubling Fulham, they were playing at snails pace by the 70th minute and we still couldn’t produce anything. 

That performance was disgusting, there no evidence of a tactical plan at all, Fulham will be genuinely laughing in that changing room as to how easy it was to win, they won’t even need a shower, probably not a drop of sweat on them. 

Employing Cooper was another critical error. 

2 game.......

I didn’t think it was that bad. Fulham are a good settled side and we have a new manager trying to mould a new team. We lost by the odd goal. I thought JJ wasn’t great for either goal and I thought BDCR had a shocker.

I guess any criticism for Cooper could be pointed at those two areas. Right back with the old Ricardo mystery and left wing where we appear to be relying on a very slight, not particularly fast, not particularly skilful winger in BDCR who wasn’t effective attacking or supporting defensively in either game. For me Mavididi has to start on the left but clearly Cooper doesn’t like him or Ricardo judging by their treatment pre season and now. Play your best players in their best position where possible surely? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

People need to learn to accept what we now are: relegation fodder.

We're not going to pick many points up away from home. Every single team in the League will be expecting 3 points against us at their own grounds.

Delusions of grandeur big time on FoxesTalk.

People used to call me entitled under Rodgers.

Now we're seeing who really are entitled.

We reap what we sow, what was allowed - the damage was done 3 years ago, the effects are being seen now.

It’s not doom and gloom if we say it as we see it. Just facts. Not a convincing performance at all but hey I’ll put my optimistic hat back on ok. We aren’t getting thrashed. We have created some opportunities. We ‘could’ score goals.

our keeper is awesome! Vardy didn’t get injured.. Fatawu is really trying. New players might come good eventually. There are we happy now?

I’m not going to be over critical of the performance. Newly promoted against a good Fulham side, away from home. We let ourselves down with our inability to break effectively and two Justin mistakes. 

Us, Ipswich, Saints, Palace and Everton need to sharpen up or there is your bottom 5. 

• Like 1