Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

1-2 Fulham, A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I think one of the big issues we have to contend with as a fan base is that there's still a vast majority of you that think we should be going to places like Fulham and winning.

Cooper needs a left back and a striker desperately.

of course, dont think being realistic is something that can be done here,

if im honest 1 point from 2 games is probably more than i expected

also we need another CAM too

2 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Fair comment

But I'm saying we need to a lot lot more better than that to stay up. And last week wasn't entirely great until the 2nd half

So if it continues we are in the shit

No need to call people out it's a fair comment

I agree but we’ve just been promoted, it’s two games in, we have a point, we aren’t at panic stations yet. If it’s not better after 10 games fine but not yet. Southampton fans are having the same conversations. 

Biggest shock for me was Winks. Absolutely dreadful. Not expecting to win the ball back or make tackles but I am expecting him to actually pass the ball to a leicester player and get us moving forward. He was utterly atrocious today. Buonanotte didn't get on the ball enough and the whole game plan didn't seem right. Fulham are a bang average side who I fully expect to be involved in a relegation battle and they completely dominated us. Didn't expect us to win, but certainly didn't expect complete domination. Our team may not be great but we're better than the utter muck we saw today. Can accept being dominated by spurs and the other big clubs but not feckin Fulham. 

The poorest performance today was from the Manager. He clearly had a right nightmare today.

Poor Team selection followed by poor Tactics followed by poor Substituations.

You've got to go after your winnable games and that was winnable today with the right personnel.

The only plus was Skipp is going to be good player for us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Seen enough.

Cooper out 

13 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

FIRST MANAGER TO BE SACKED 

13 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

WRONG TEAM.

WRONG TACTICS

WRONG SUBS 

WRONG MANAGER

SACK HIM

It's good to see people giving a new manager a fair crack of the whip, given that he's walking into a club which looked barely good enough to go up post-Xmas, is facing a deduction, and hasn't done much business thus far. If we lost the next three or four or even five we'd still be the biggest laughing stock in the game for firing him, and rightly so. Potter in?! Delusions of grandeur, once again. Perhaps some will remember the shaky starts under Wallace, Milne, O'Neill and Pearson Mk. 2. Or the amazing starts under Taylor, Levein and Sven. I understand anger and frustration, but that doesn't make it right.

We competed away from home with a side that finished 13th, having got a point vs one of the league's best teams in our first game. Yes, we were poor and need to get a LOT better. No, I don't think much of the Ayew signing (though our bigger problems today were longer standing ones). No, I'm not convinced that the club is headed in the right direction, nor that Cooper will turn out to be the right man. But I'm very thankful that the noise I heard our fans making at the game was a lot more positive than some of the rabid nonsense on here. In fact, much of this is embarrassing, childish and totally unhelpful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

It’s uninspiring stuff. I could tolerate that as a method for survival, if we looked defensively robust. We don’t.

You leave one of the best players in the squad on the bench and both goals come from poor defensive play in his area of the pitch - colour me surprised.

New signings Ayew and Skipp are absolutely fine at what they do. But what neither of them have ever done is add goals or assists to a team.

Who can honestly point to that finishing lineup and say there are goals in that, or even discern the attacking plays from which they might come?

Fulham’s players are levels above us. The disintegration of our playing squad over the past 3 or 4 years has been nothing short of catastrophic - that comes from the Top. It’s not even all on the manager - why has he been appointed - Cooper is chalk to Maresca’s cheese.

That being said, accepting our period of success is over has been good for me. I can let this stuff wash over me a bit more. Loads of other clubs have it much, much worse. I know it’s the squandering of such a promising position in the football position that hurts the most, but you can’t cry over split milk. I hope some others can manage to let it go a bit too for their own sake.

This is where I am right now, it was not a great performance today, the team collectively can do better, Cooper nice guy and all that but cant find the words to describe today's performance, hopefully we kick on, today was a game we needed a draw, minimum, with a points deduction looming.

Just now, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

People forget we’re not that Leicester team. A newly promoted teams picks up points at home if they survive. So far, we’ve done that. Fulham are no pushovers and the shoreline was respectable (albeit we were not great) but the -1 on the GD is what counts. 

The Fulham shoreline is very respectable indeed ……..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think one of the big issues we have to contend with as a fan base is that there's still a vast majority of you that think we should be going to places like Fulham and winning.

Cooper needs a left back and a striker desperately.

I think we should be competing and looking like we could get something, we didn't because cooper is dogshit 

• Like 1

Fair result you have to say. Not good enough today unfortunately. Very few chances created. Going to be a tough grind under Cooper. Need two more quality signings before the end of the window as that could be the difference between staying up or going down.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think we should be competing and looking like we could get something, we didn't because cooper is dogshit 

Rough start to the game but after their first goal I thought we were worthy of a point.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Exactly. On paper, Fulham have better players and were favourites to win the game. 
We didn't help, as we played poorly, but this pile on is the usual Foxestalk overreaction. 
Cooper may not improve us over the next 10-12 games, and then we should look at our options, but only then. 

Ricardo is a quality LB and so is Justin. There's your two fullbacks who can play bog sides but he won't play them. Ricardo played a full season at LB before he joined us