Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Leicester vs Tranmere (Pre-Match Thread), EFL Cup Second Round, Tue 27th August - 19:45

I bet BDCR plays again, maybe Cooper will shift to his preferred RW spot but I can see him picking him. He’ll play Ward and Thomas with a midfield of Hamza, Skipp and Soumare. Ayew up front. It could be painful. Only positive might be he’s forced to play Mavididi and Ricardo from the start. 

On 24/08/2024 at 20:59, dooflip said:

Backing this.

have a feeling it won’t happen though because if pereira, mavididi and cannon have really good games and we smash them, cooper will be under more pressure to play them.

And the issue with that is?

If anyone in the USA can figure out a way to watch this, let me know. I’m sure ESPN plus had the carabao games as well as the fa cup last year but there’s nothing listed for tomorrow.

I used to do a bit of work for Tranmere years ago but I would still like our reserves to soundly trounce them before the usual misery begins again at the weekend. 

Tom Cannon hat trick incoming 😂

20 minutes ago, jimsmallman said:

If anyone in the USA can figure out a way to watch this, let me know. I’m sure ESPN plus had the carabao games as well as the fa cup last year but there’s nothing listed for tomorrow.

I used to do a bit of work for Tranmere years ago but I would still like our reserves to soundly trounce them before the usual misery begins again at the weekend. 

Tom Cannon hat trick incoming 😂

Paramount+ apparently: https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/5029843/leicester-city-vs-tranmere-rovers/

• Like 2

On 24/08/2024 at 22:02, FoxesTalker said:

The slow ticket sales for this will only serve to highlight the club’s decision not to allow the SK1 section to move centrally.

Why would they want the riff raff that close to the chosen few? The smell of the prod is very off putting whilst trying work your way through a gourmet pie.

Honestly cannot select an XI

Chances are Braybrooke is already in Scotland, rumours of Alves loan means he probably wont play in case of inury/cup tie, and Nelson sounds like he'll be doing his Bristol City medical.

I do think we might actually see Evans and Monga in the squad which is good. Richards deserves a chance too, perhaps Popov on the bench?

I'd assume Mavididi will be the number 9 of sorts.

A good opportunity to give current fringe players a run out, and like others I'd like to see Alves, Goulding, Braybrooke and Richards etc involved in some capacity...

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Honestly cannot select an XI

Chances are Braybrooke is already in Scotland, rumours of Alves loan means he probably wont play in case of inury/cup tie, and Nelson sounds like he'll be doing his Bristol City medical.

I do think we might actually see Evans and Monga in the squad which is good. Richards deserves a chance too, perhaps Popov on the bench?

I'd assume Mavididi will be the number 9 of sorts.

Haven't caught up with potential loans yet but maybe Ayew 9 and Mavs on the left?

3 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Haven't caught up with potential loans yet but maybe Ayew 9 and Mavs on the left?

Depends how far along other signings are. Do we really risk the "Back up striker" against a League 2 team in the cup?

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Iversen

Choudhury

Okoli

Nelson

Ricardo

Braybrooke

Skipp

Alves

Ayew

Richards

Mavididi

Would be nice but I reckon Cooper won't think that way. I reckon he'll play Ward, Soumare, and probably still pick BDCR. With injuries to Thomas and Coady we are limited at the back really so Okoli and Nelson seems likely

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Honestly don't think I've ever given less of a shit about a game

Same here to an extent. However, a win helps confidence so I'm hoping we can do this.  Cooper really needs a win. A loss here and there will be even more disquiet among fans.

Playing Ward would be absolutely crackers. There is nothing to benefit from it. Mads missed out on a bit of pre season and although his shot shopping looks good, work clearly needs to be done on playing out the back and long ball distribution. I think Mads needs game time and playing Tues / Saturday shouldn't be an issue for him.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 23:27, Ric Flair said:

If Alves and Nelson don't start this and it's not because there's a loan move lined up for them then serious questions need to be asked. 

I'm sure the Foxes Trust are on it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

I'm sure the Foxes Trust are on it. 

"Something something... reasonable prices.... something something shocked to hear nasty chants about our Jon!"

• Haha 1