Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Leicester vs Tranmere (Pre-Match Thread), EFL Cup Second Round, Tue 27th August - 19:45

Iversen’s been at the club for 8 years, barely got a look-in by several managers now, and we still can’t shift him. Maybe he’s a lot more shit than most people here seem to think.

Would still start him over Ward though.

• Like 1

iverson 

thomas (if fit) vk if not

okolli 

nelson

ricardo

skipp

braybrooke 

golding

Mavi

ayew

Alves 

A chance for those on the fringes to show something of value to coooer and should be more than capable enough to get the job done 

Edited by Lambert09

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Alves and Nelson don't start this and it's not because there's a loan move lined up for them then serious questions need to be asked. 

Is Alves fit? Unless I missed something he hasn’t been in a senior or U21 squad yet this season? 

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Is Alves fit? Unless I missed something he hasn’t been in a senior or U21 squad yet this season? 

He's training with the 1st team and we've not been told otherwise 

If he's not going to play Ricardo at FB I'd like to see him play as an 8/10 depending on the formation.

• Like 1

Couldn't care less about the cups this season so I'd rather this just got minutes under the belt for players. 

Ward

Ricardo Nelson Okoli Thomas

Skipp   Braybrooke

McAteer.    Alves.       Mavididi

Ayew

Preferably lead at half time and get Skipp, Ricky and Mavs off as I'd like to see all 3 start against Villa. Would be good to see Golding and Richards make appearances from the bench.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Alves and Nelson don't start this and it's not because there's a loan move lined up for them then serious questions need to be asked. 

They should but they need loans... If anything decent is available this late in the window. Same for Braybrooke. These lads need game time in men's football. Nelson has been around the 1st team since he was 16, he's now 20 with one bad and one OK loan... Cooper won't play him but won't let him go?? 

Alves and  Braybrooke lost a season so get them out and experienced 

• Like 2

Mads 

Ricardo        Faes          Vesty        Justin 

Skipp                Winks 

McAteer          Bounanotte         Mavadidi

Ayew

Now, I know I gave Ayew some pelters, but one thing he does rather well is hold the ball and link the play. So perhaps we use him as a false 9 and try and get McAteer, Bounners and Mavadidi to play off him, and they be the advancing runners. He isn’t going to score goals, but he may be useful being a nuisance and bringing others into play. 

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Good chance we see club legend Danny Ward play in this

17 hours ago, Ryy said:

Ward will 100% start

Talk about low hanging fruit.

cupodds.JPG.f6e223e5b694ac0111be165b02a26ac5.JPG

I would rest Mads, FB & Vardy.

The other 8 should be the team Cooper wants to play in the Prem.

We have had an awful preseason, not looked any better in the first 2 matches, we clearly need practice at executing how Cooper wants to play ( that is if he has any clue how he wants to play) and we need a confidence booster (although this could spectacularly backfire if we can’t win) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

I would rest Mads, FB & Vardy.

The other 8 should be the team Cooper wants to play in the Prem.

We have had an awful preseason, not looked any better in the first 2 matches, we clearly need practice at executing how Cooper wants to play ( that is if he has any clue how he wants to play) and we need a confidence booster (although this could spectacularly backfire if we can’t win) 

we need to play more fringe players so we know who should be in the team, on loan, and who is good enough for first team