Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Leicester vs Tranmere (Pre-Match Thread), EFL Cup Second Round, Tue 27th August - 19:45

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Amani Richards surely must be in with a shot at being in the squad?

Scored 2 against Liverpool didn't he? Makes me ill that we've got so much youth talent at the moment and it feels like it's all going to go to waste and the decent ones will probably end up moving elsewhere for a chance to play. Can see why the likes of Nyoni moved on 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Scored 2 against Liverpool didn't he? Makes me ill that we've got so much youth talent at the moment and it feels like it's all going to go to waste and the decent ones will probably end up moving elsewhere for a chance to play. Can see why the likes of Nyoni moved on 

Spot on 

17 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Nah.

Don’t want another Sammy Braybrooke situation. Not worth it.

What do you mean Braybrooke situation? I must've missed it sorry.

Surely it's worth playing him and seeing how he handles first team football and then make a decision.

Yeah, he could get injured.. but then he could get injured in his first game on loan anyway if that's what you mean 

Just now, Simonb said:

What do you mean Braybrooke situation? I must've missed it sorry.

Surely it's worth playing him and seeing how he handles first team football and then make a decision.

Yeah, he could get injured.. but then he could get injured in his first game on loan anyway if that's what you mean 

Apparently, at the back end of the 22/23 transfer window, when Braybrooke was 18, he had a loan lined up for him.

Night before his medical or something, he did his ACL. Basically took a year off his development and crucial match experience in men’s football. And that was all for playing an U21s game that no one really cared about. Similar to today.

I like Alves and would be happy if he played a part today, but it’s too late in the window now to risk him even getting a small niggle meaning a club won’t risk taking him on loan. Let’s face it he’s not playing in the PL under Coops unless he scores a hat trick of hat tricks tonight. So that’d be another 6 months of his development gone if he got injured tonight.

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

Apparently, at the back end of the 22/23 transfer window, when Braybrooke was 18, he had a loan lined up for him.

Night before his medical or something, he did his ACL. Basically took a year off his development and crucial match experience in men’s football. And that was all for playing an U21s game that no one really cared about. Similar to today.

I like Alves and would be happy if he played a part today, but it’s too late in the window now to risk him even getting a small niggle meaning a club won’t risk taking him on loan. Let’s face it he’s not playing in the PL under Coops unless he scores a hat trick of hat tricks tonight. So that’d be another 6 months of his development gone if he got injured tonight.

Yea to be fair you raise a good point. It's a shame really because he looks like he'd do a job and offer some competition in the attacking roles where we're very limited 

But like you say, it's coops choice and if he isn't going to play then loan him out. 

Can just see it though, tears it up on his loan when he could've helped us.. we go down, panic about psr and offload him for 5m

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Can just see it though, tears it up on his loan when he could've helped us.. we go down, panic about psr and offload him for 5m

Depends on what league he’s in.. but (touch wood) I don’t see us needing to sell him for that cheap.

Hes just signed a new long term deal. If we go down he’d be a starter in the champ for us regardless.

6 hours ago, jimsmallman said:

If anyone in the USA can figure out a way to watch this, let me know. I’m sure ESPN plus had the carabao games as well as the fa cup last year but there’s nothing listed for tomorrow.

Paramount+ still streams the cups and the the UEFA competitions.  They now have the EFL as well.  That's a lot of content for footy fans.

They just bumped the price to $7.99/month, but I found a link which offers a year for $29.99.  It worked for me even though I used to have an account.  (it's auto-renewal at full price, so if you do it, set a reminder to cancel a year out)

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-finance/deals/get-paramount-plus-deal-for-a-limited-time

• Like 1

I’m not expecting anything different to preseason and the last two games.  Lack of tactics and lack of ability in areas. Sometimes we play out quickly, sometimes back to walking football at the halfway line to get caught out. 

More excuses from Cooper blaming something other than his choices.  

I’m hoping Radio Leicester actually press Cooper to explain what his reasoning is for his team selections. Or at least follow up questions to his rambling non answers.  I don’t expect much from RL other than arse licking and milquetoast barely an opinion views because they are too scared to upset the club. 

City win. 

• Like 2

Given all the negatively around the club at the moment I for one cannot wait to sit down tonight to the sight of Danny Ward, Leicester’s number one finally starting a competitive match for us once more.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Paramount+ still streams the cups and the the UEFA competitions.  They now have the EFL as well.  That's a lot of content for footy fans.

They just bumped the price to $7.99/month, but I found a link which offers a year for $29.99.  It worked for me even though I used to have an account.  (it's auto-renewal at full price, so if you do it, set a reminder to cancel a year out)

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-finance/deals/get-paramount-plus-deal-for-a-limited-time

Thanks mate! (Also thanks to @Iran who posted earlier)

For anyone else in the USA, paramount plus does the free trial for a week thing so you can sign up for the game tonight and then cancel later on (hopefully not out of rage, but we’ll see)

• Like 1