Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Bright Osayi-Samuel

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I have a horrible horrible feeling Riccy P is going to leave in the next week and this will be the replacement. 

I cannot see this happening as even Rudkin is not that bigger fool. That’s move that will bring huge demands for his instant dismissal.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I cannot see this happening as even Rudkin is not that bigger fool. That’s move that will bring huge demands for his instant dismissal.

It’s about finances mate 

If they can’t move Bouba then Ricky will have to go.  They’d rather move Bouba but they have to get one of the high earners out and patson’s injury scuppered that option. 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s about finances mate 

If they can’t move Bouba then Ricky will have to go.  They’d rather move Bouba but they have to get one of the high earners out and patson’s injury scuppered that option. 

If we need money off the wage bill, why are we adding squad-padders who'll offer next to no value, instead of blooding our own youth players and enhancing our own saleable assets?

I ask the question rhetorically , knowing full well why :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we need money off the wage bill, why are we adding squad-padders who'll offer next to no value, instead of blooding our own youth players and enhancing our own saleable assets?

I ask the question rhetorically , knowing full well why :D 

We need money in the plus column 

removing a high wage helps that a bit but the income from a fee is the bigger deal.  That’s what makes Ricky attractive as a sale if we can get 8m 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We need money in the plus column 

removing a high wage helps that a bit but the income from a fee is the bigger deal.  That’s what makes Ricky attractive as a sale if we can get 8m 

I assume had we not signed Okolie and trusted Nelson and not signed Ayew and trusted Alves. We'd be there or there abouts for the £8m mark.

It's like nobody can see past the next 3 months at Leicester. We're getting to the point where we're running out of assets that we can or will be able to sell for decent money. Yet we're still packing the squad with players that won't start or are a few years from retirement.

I'd love to see the value of the squad that Macia and Puel left compared to what it is now.

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I assume had we not signed Okolie and trusted Nelson and not signed Ayew and trusted Alves. We'd be there or there abouts for the £8m mark.

It's like nobody can see past the next 3 months at Leicester. We're getting to the point where we're running out of assets that we can or will be able to sell for decent money. Yet we're still packing the squad with players that won't start or are a few years from retirement.

I'd love to see the value of the squad that Macia and Puel left compared to what it is now.

£8m is about right If okoli is on 50k and ayew 60k-  that’s 5.5m in wages and approx 3m in amortised fees. 

your comment on squad value is well made - it was around £450m at one point.  It’s going to be a few bags of crisps now 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

£8m is about right If okoli is on 50k and ayew 60k-  that’s 5.5m in wages and approx 3m in amortised fees. 

your comment on squad value is well made - it was around £450m at one point.  It’s going to be a few bags of crisps now 

I'd fully back cutting our cloth if it felt like there was a plan in place. But it feels like we're not accepting our fate fully, but also not committing to trying to stay up.

If we're genuinely struggling on PSR. Signing a 4th choice CB for £15m is in the realms of absurdity

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd fully back cutting our cloth if it felt like there was a plan in place. But it feels like we're not accepting our fate fully, but also not committing to trying to stay up.

If we're genuinely struggling on PSR. Signing a 4th choice CB for £15m is in the realms of absurdity

Think it was £12.5m with add ons - but still excessive given our needs elsewhere. However, we don’t know our transfer budget and the order deals are done is down to some good fortune 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That values analysis would give a true indication of the damage Rodgers did to the club.

• Like 1