Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Tranmere Tickets – General Sale

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

There was a strange section up in the left hand corner of their fans that had additional stewarding, both sides flanking 400 or so.

would have been because they were having a go at the youngsters at the top of p block

3 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Friday night football was fantastic, its how I got my kids into loving LCFC, even more need for it now with the saturation on TV of the big teams, if you can't afford to take them to experience a league match, must be quite easy for them to start showing an interest in the big 6 as they are on most weeks, and easily accessible 

With the reserves now being PL2, I just wonder why they don't showcase it at the ground, help some of the academy lads get used to bigger crowds and the whole match day feeling. They have enough retro stuff in the shop, why not go retro with the ideas too.

Maybe one for the UFS guys or @Foxes_Trust to bring up at the next QnA session?

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

With the reserves now being PL2, I just wonder why they don't showcase it at the ground, help some of the academy lads get used to bigger crowds and the whole match day feeling. They have enough retro stuff in the shop, why not go retro with the ideas too.

i went down a few times when i was a kid as in those days some reserve teams had some great players playing for them. wonder if it's the extra damage to the pitch which stops them doing it now as surely they could make a profit from having them there?

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I actually think it's great having the games at the training ground, both for fans and players. Quite often the stand is at its 499 capacity or whatever it is, great for kids too as an entry point as there's no loud PA system or rowdy fans scaring them.

Would be nice if they could maybe add a stand on the opposite side too but I guess the restrctions on planning mean we can't (hence the 499)

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I actually think it's great having the games at the training ground, both for fans and players. Quite often the stand is at its 499 capacity or whatever it is, great for kids too as an entry point as there's no loud PA system or rowdy fans scaring them.

Would be nice if they could maybe add a stand on the opposite side too but I guess the restrctions on planning mean we can't (hence the 499)

Yeah I just thought it was prepping them for a bigger stage. If Seagrave had at least one big stand it would help that but doing it at the KP is more central and gives the players that stadium experience

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The clubs policymakers are really starting to have an effect now. 

Well done to all involved in basically ruining the best opportunity this club ever had to kick on. 

Tinpot 

Whats happened?

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Yeah I just thought it was prepping them for a bigger stage. If Seagrave had at least one big stand it would help that but doing it at the KP is more central and gives the players that stadium experience

Agree, I think maybe a game or two a season that the club make a big deal of would be great. (problem is this rabble would never think up the idea)

Newcastle do a really good job of this with their Womens team (Arsenal too). Basically do two big games a season and pretty much sell out St James/The Emirates.

They could do one during October half term and one during Easter. 

£3 tickets just like the training ground, fill the place. 

On 28/08/2024 at 13:25, Lako42 said:

We won the PL and ever since the people at the club have done everything they can to take us to a place where we have to lie about 13k people being in the ground. 

They've turned away a new generation of fans and made it so difficult to become a customer that people have given up. 

Couldn't even sellout the 1st home game of a PL campaign due to their complete disconnect with who our fans actually are. 

But before we won the PL attendances were still poor in the League Cup. Under Pearson we lost to Shrewsbury (14-15) and Burton (12-13) and both matches had attendances of less than 10k.

In 13-14 we had a good cup run but our attendance against Derby was less than 15k. Against Derby ffs. It improved as we played PL teams - Fulham (17k) and Manchester City (31k) - so to me it's all about the opposition. Maybe people don't want to watch us against lower league opposition. League Cup is tough as it's always midweek and then you've got the ticket prices too which aren't always great. Should be a tenner max, especially against lower league teams.

But compare us to, say, Everton. Goodison Park was packed out midweek against Doncaster Rovers (37k). I think there are just levels to support and our support is okay but not great.