Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Fuchs wants to boss City

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

He literally said 'in the future' 

He never said next week 

Oh my god. Literally, all I said in the initial post was that I would be surprised with it being Fuchs given he had expressed for a while before he left that his future was in America. Then people get triggered for some reason and pile on :dunno:

What is so outrageous about what I have said?

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Oh my god. Literally, all I said in the initial post was that I would be surprised with it being Fuchs given he had expressed for a while before he left that his future was in America. Then people get triggered for some reason and pile on :dunno:

What is so outrageous about what I have said?

You accused the poster of click bait without substance. 

It was just what CF actually said. 

I don't really care tbh. 

Fuchs is a sharp guy who will build his managerial career and progress when he’s ready.

He adores the club and wouldn’t come here until the time was right for him to make the most positive impact he could. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

You accused the poster of click bait without substance. 

It was just what CF actually said. 

I don't really care tbh. 

I didn’t accuse anyone. I said ‘seems like’. Sorry I didn’t Google it first! And yes maybe not the best wording but you’d think I’d run over that first posters puppy the way they replied to me! Completely unnecessary!

Anyway, I’d love to see Fuchs back. For me, whilst all the title winning side are legends, the ones who had the longevity and were around when we won the FA cup (Vardy, Kasper, Wes, Fuchs and Sharkey) have even more elevated status there.

After Vardy, I think Fuchs is my favourite

and aside from the fact he seems an absolute genuine guy, and for his heroics on the pitch, a big part of this is the sacrifice he made by staying with us so long when his family were so far away. He could have left earlier and genuinely will have missed a lot of his kids childhoods out of love for us club and fans saying as long as he did.

So yes, even if poorly worded in part, I just would never have put him down for a return to the UK. It seemed his life for the long term future would be out there.

If things have or do change and he ends up back here in the future, that would be great 👍 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Agreed.

How many managers have there been who are legends at their club but failed quite miserably - Lampard, Shearer; am sure that there's more.

Kenny D did ok at Liverpool.  George Graham at Arsenal. Curbishley at WHam.  There are of course mountains of failures (Frank McClintock!) but there are some rare success stories and quite frankly can things get any worse for us?

• Like 1

The actual quote, in context: 

Fuchs is an assistant but does not disguise he would love to be a head coach one day. What’s the dream job?

“There’s only one,” he says. “Leicester City. And do I miss Europe? Yeah, I do a lot.

“Maybe not the Premier League right away (for my next job). But then you see a lot of coaches that might not have had (big) experience. There’s a clear appetite by teams wanting to be new, fresh and playing attractive football.

“If I come to a club, I would like to see a three-year vision. I know you have only two years, really. But to go into something where it is, ‘Hey, we want to get there in the next five years, we want to play XYZ football.’ That’s something that would be my dream.”

Fuchs is nostalgic about his time in Leicester, a sentiment most recently triggered by the passing of Craig Shakespeare, who died at the age of 60. Shakespeare was assistant to Claudio Ranieri in the most extraordinary story of the Premier League era: when Leicester defied odds of 5000-1 to win the title in the 2015-16 season.

“He was a very important person for me,” Fuchs says of Shakespeare. “He was the go-to guy, like your buddy within the coaching team — a very good person. Craig just made you feel so comfortable.”

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It sounds like he'd rather be here than in the States. All that sunshine gets to you eventually. 

I think his wife has a big job over there in her chosen career. Not an easy choice for him.

They run their own businesses in the States. They have a big sports facility and an academy that trains players in several cities. They also own a semi-professional football team. 

• Like 2

On 26/08/2024 at 10:35, filbertway said:

Not sure I agree - this whole attitude of jobs for the boys is proper non league stuff. 

We should be hiring the best possible talent on merit.

Agree, but it would be great if some of those did fall under that category too. They know that this is a club that can achieve things.