Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

RIP Sven

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s been known that he would pass for months. We should have had something ready to go as soon as it was announced 

notts county clearly did and their media dept will be a lot smaller than ours. Man City managed 7 mins ago. 

it just adds to the impression that the club has fallen a long way from where it once was. 

Don’t disagree in the slightest, I just hope once we do finally get our act together and issue a post/statement it is at least worthy of the man. 

"I had a good life. I think we are all scared of the day when we die, but life is about death as well," he said, speaking at the end of the Amazon Prime documentary 'Sven'.

He added: "You have to learn to accept it for what it is. Hopefully at the end people will say, 'yeah, he was a good man', but everyone will not say that.

"I hope you will remember me as a positive guy trying to do everything he could do.

"Don't be sorry, smile. Thank you for everything, coaches, players, the crowds, it's been fantastic. Take care of yourself and take care of your life. And live it. Bye."

• Sad 2

RIP Sven - what a thoroughly decent bloke. 

Managed all over the world, such an exciting period when he managed England, 1-5 demolition in Germany, rollercoaster with Leicester and a top shagger to boot. 

Sad to see his demise this year and it was inevitable this would happen, great to see him managing at Liverpool - a lifelong dream for him. 

Sad news.Went to the Q and A when he was here.Such a funny man.Still remember when he was at Lazio and he told a story about the Ultras jumping on his SAAB when they were going through a bad patch!

RIP.

Sad news to hear of even though we all knew it was coming. 

Some of his final moments have been very touching, and especially those words in the documentary. 

A well-loved man. RIP Sven. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 4

Bizarre but surreal appointment who underachieved with us and England, although there were moments of great joy throughout both appointments. 
His words recently regarding his own imminent death, were very thoughtful and I hope they’ve given some comfort to those in a similar position.

Never known a manager with such an aura about him, was made up when he came here after the unforgettable days of Svengland. Big loss to the international football world.

Edited by ashbyj

44 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

"I had a good life. I think we are all scared of the day when we die, but life is about death as well," he said, speaking at the end of the Amazon Prime documentary 'Sven'.

He added: "You have to learn to accept it for what it is. Hopefully at the end people will say, 'yeah, he was a good man', but everyone will not say that.

"I hope you will remember me as a positive guy trying to do everything he could do.

"Don't be sorry, smile. Thank you for everything, coaches, players, the crowds, it's been fantastic. Take care of yourself and take care of your life. And live it. Bye."

FM Onion sandwich time 

RIP Sven 

Gentleman of the game. Often forgotten how innovative he was. His initial successes absolutely unparalleled. 

I watched a cracking documentary recently on Derry City. They won the Irish league title in the early 90s and played in the European Cup. Drew Benfica managed by Sven. He was an absolute gent as there were worries about security and stated his happiness at playing the game in Derry. Had a bomb scare on the day of the game and Sven was still happy for the game to go ahead. 

He clearly was very good with players, even those not preferred because you never heard a story of a player taking issue with him.