Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

RIP Sven

Thinking about some of the players we signed under Sven, I thought Leicester were going to win the world cup lol
I remember the summer anticipation when we had signed Matt Mills after getting promotion with Reading and deciding to sign for us, Jermaine Beckford, Kasper :wub:, Nugent! Sean St. Ledger, Konchesky, Yakubu, Fernandes. Sol Bamba with his trampoline touch driving the ball out of defence when thought he was beckenbauer :D Michael Johnson, massive shame that he had his problems, probably one of the most naturally gifted players i'd seen in years when he signed for us, slightly overweight and got an injury that basically finished him off. 

Was a fun time to be fan!

• Like 2

well it’s possible to say that without sven we wouldn’t win the league of the fa cup. He brought in a few key pieces to our future notably kasper and nugent. Very likeable guy, really wanted it to work for him. 

I remember when he first came in and we signed a squad of prem players on loan and won a game 4-0 all 4 absolute screamers. 

Most hollywood i’ve felt as a leicester fan and it was a fun ride even if it wasn’t a success 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

A bit unfair? How would you have worded the statement? There's a photo of Sven with our badge, the club pays respects fully and wishes to the family. What more do you expect? It's a sad moment, it's not easy. Are you finding it easy to express yourself in similar occasions? I don't. 

Personally I’d have expected more on his time at City. Moments such as Yakubu at Derby for example. 

I accept I’m alone here. 

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

well it’s possible to say that without sven we wouldn’t win the league of the fa cup. He brought in a few key pieces to our future notably kasper and nugent. Very likeable guy, really wanted it to work for him. 

I remember when he first came in and we signed a squad of prem players on loan and won a game 4-0 all 4 absolute screamers. 

Most hollywood i’ve felt as a leicester fan and it was a fun ride even if it wasn’t a success 

I often wondered what would have happened if we gave him another season. Ultimately the owners were new and were making a financial statement signing all of those players and it just didn't click straight away and we were undone a few times, with hindsight bringing back Nige was the best decision we ever made, but I still like to think Sven would have got us up the next season. 

Are all these people saying he lived a great life kind of alluding to the fact he wasn't brilliant as a manager but made the most of opportunity and money?

Probably just me.....RIP Sven, a memorable figure from the not so modern era of football

:appl::cry:

Very sad to hear this. 

Sven’s time at Leicester was a bit of a mixed bag but we played some scintillating stuff at times. The Derby game springs to mind, we battered them and Yakubu was unplayable. I recall a really fun away trip to Scunthorpe as well. It ended up a bit of a mess with all the signings in the summer of 2011, but I have fond memories of a pretty fun time. 

More importantly, he seemed like a good bloke who treated people right. You can tell the esteem he’s held in by players by the way Kasper talks about him. A life well lived. RIP Sven.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Hitman said:

Terrible news. RIP Sven and thanks for bringing Kasper in. 

Hope we save the recognition of his life until Saturday so that more people are there to be a part of it. 

I think they need to do both, we can't not recognise him at a home game the day after but I agree, we need to do something in front of a full house.

• Like 2