Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

RIP Sven

Saddened to hear this news. Really enjoyed his first season with us, not only was it an exciting period as a fan but some of the football was very entertaining to watch. The second season obviously didn't quite go to plan, but he'll be fondly remembered for his time with the club. As a football fan on a broader level, his success at both Gothenburg and Lazio highlighted how talented he was earlier in his career with some truly incredible achievements. RIP Sven. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

But great fun - some of the loan players were great to watch, Van Arnholt, Bruma, Davis, Naughton, Fernandes, Yakubu, Kamara to name a few, even if they didn't click as a team.

A Few names I'd forgotten about, He certainly raised our profile in the Football world and there was a definite buzz around the place even if he didn't deliver.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

His win rate was pretty good I think. Don't think he would've got us up but we often very good under him.

Other than that his career speaks for itself and from mid 80s to 2000 he did fantastic things at club level. I think his character and reputation off the pitch made people forget that a little bit.

I agree, I doubt he would have got us promoted either, But as I said earlier, I think he had lost his Football focus by then. His win ratio wasn't that great 1 in 3 I think which ultimately led to his sacking.

Who would have thought we'd have an England Manager managing little old Leicester City.

How Sad to hear about Svens passing hearing he had Pancreatic Cancer earlier on was a real shock he came across as such a gentleman and when you met him he  had a real invincible persona it seemed like he’d been involved with football forever and would have been !

Thoughts and prayers to Svens family & friends at such a Sad time 🙏

On 26/08/2024 at 12:39, Claudio Fannieri said:

Tough few weeks for the club, losing 2 large personalities and key people in the success of King Power and Leicester City. Whilst Sven was unable to deliver on the field success there is no doubt his appointment massively raised the profile of the club and attracted some big name players. 

RIP Sven 

Have I missed something? 2 large personalities????

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

A Few names I'd forgotten about, He certainly raised our profile in the Football world and there was a definite buzz around the place even if he didn't deliver.

I agree, I doubt he would have got us promoted either, But as I said earlier, I think he had lost his Football focus by then. His win ratio wasn't that great 1 in 3 I think which ultimately led to his sacking.

Who would have thought we'd have an England Manager managing little old Leicester City.

44% according to wiki, so closer to 1 in 2 than 1 in 3. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

His funeral is being streamed on the BBC 

His Father, at 95, doesn't look his age..

Could've quite imagined Sven would've lived to a much longer age, if he didn't caught the nasty disease.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

His Father, at 95, doesn't look his age..

Could've quite imagined Sven would've lived to a much longer age, if he didn't caught the nasty disease.

Sweden's life expectancy is higher than ours. 

• Like 2