Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wout Faes

Meh. He just isn't a very good CB but none of our CBs are, they all look equally bang average at this level. Okoli can't get in ahead of our current 2 so that doesn't bode well.

If selling him gives us licence to bring in a different CB, great.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

He probably is our best centre half of the club but the bloke must reckon he's the second coming of Maldini or something. Know your level. 

I think that's half his problem, he thinks he's better than he really is. Hence the flick against Fulham, the habit of bringing the ball out too far, the strops when anyone makes a mistake 

6 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Haha or their respective nations, left the door open there. 

The point still stands, at this moment in time he is by far and away our best option at centre half. 

Well the inclusion of Nelson there is bordering on moronic but England and Italy have significantly better options at Centre Back than Belgium.

8 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

There is pressure though, time pressure. We either get rid of him quick or let him linger clearly unhappy and not giving his all where he either plays shite or rots in the reserves. We need to get rid of him so asking for stupid fees is not really an option. The timing of this stinks, good riddance to the twot.

Yes but look at the patterns at the club. We sell our best players and replace them with s*it. You can’t sell your better players and expect to stay up. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Except he's stated he wants out and that's without having a suitor.

What you want to get for him is irrelevant.  He's not a wanted man. Skipp was wanted. If only by us.  "We've got this guy nobody wants, he wants out, so we're putting him on the market for a bargain £35mill" spoken to an empty room that'll remain empty. 

It'd be great if we could overprice all of our players that nobody wants but it doesn't really work does it?

It's time for his agent to earn his money.  Selling a player is much easier than buying one.  We just set a reserve and his agent can place him on the eBay of players.  Getting personal terms agreed is more difficult, but we have to just say yes or no.

I would think a minimum of £20m, maybe a tad less with suitable add ons.  If a couple of clubs or more express an interest, then great as the price goes up.

With PSR, we can't sell our best assets at knockdown prices just because he's had a difficult few weeks with a new manager.  Faes is an elite level pro with a promising international career ahead of him.  If a suitable bid doesn't emerge, he'll have to suck it up and make himself more attractive to potential suitors whilst wearing a Leicester shirt.

3 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Well the inclusion of Nelson there is bordering on moronic but England and Italy have significantly better options at Centre Back than Belgium.

The point you decided to miss on the first swing by this still stands, none of them would be good enough to start for Belgium, should they happen to be Belgian. Faes is, and does. 

Interestingly enough, that's probably also the reason he starts for Leicester City, and they don't... 

Debast and Theate also both get in ahead of all our other centre halves, so that point is moot as well. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I appreciate the mood right now is "shit on Wout" but, in fairness, look at your screenshot again.

I think it's extremely obvious he shouldn't have blindly back-heeled it to an opponent but look at what Fulham have done.

image.thumb.png.3f40529466965395f103bb5fa81ddd51.png

Every, single option you've suggested plays the ball through that square. 

Maybe have a look at that and think about a few more options for him, hmm? Cos pretty much all of yours are actually worse than back-heeling it to VK. lol

It was a good press and Hermansen never should have played it to him in the first place. He was ****ed from the outset. His best choices were probably either turn towards the corner, shield it and hope to mitigate and wait for the defence to take up shape or to just yeet it up the pitch and go long.

Playing in to that box is suicide.

The issue was that Mads hesitated on the ball. Look at the situation after he took a touch and looked up. If the ball goes to Faes or Vestergaard there then they both have plenty of time.

Screenshot-2024-08-26-at-19-45-38.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

The point you decided to miss on the first swing by this still stands, none of them would be good enough to start for Belgium, should they happen to be Belgian. Faes is, and does. 

Interestingly enough, that's probably also the reason he starts for Leicester City, and they don't... 

Debast and Theate also both get in ahead of all our other centre halves, so that point is moot as well. 

Coady is injured, Okoli is young and has just signed and Nelson isn’t ready in the Prem. Also, it was you that mentioned non of these could play for Belgium lol.

13 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Meh. He just isn't a very good CB but none of our CBs are, they all look equally bang average at this level. Okoli can't get in ahead of our current 2 so that doesn't bode well.

If selling him gives us licence to bring in a different CB, great.

In Okoli, he was injured just before the first game and then he's got to displace the partnership from last year so don't think that's a great barometer. However, whether he is good enough or not is another question.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I appreciate the mood right now is "shit on Wout" but, in fairness, look at your screenshot again.

I think it's extremely obvious he shouldn't have blindly back-heeled it to an opponent but look at what Fulham have done.

image.thumb.png.3f40529466965395f103bb5fa81ddd51.png

Every, single option you've suggested plays the ball through that square. 

Maybe have a look at that and think about a few more options for him, hmm? Cos pretty much all of yours are actually worse than back-heeling it to VK. lol

It was a good press and Hermansen never should have played it to him in the first place. He was ****ed from the outset. His best choices were probably either turn towards the corner, shield it and hope to mitigate and wait for the defence to take up shape or to just yeet it up the pitch and go long.

Playing in to that box is suicide.

You love to shit on tons of things that I post, this being the latest in a long line. 

There are countless examples of our play from last season, or even from this game where we played one of those passes and it worked. It’s high risk, but the reward is to take one or more players out of the game. If you can see what’s around you, you have a much better chance of pulling it off.

Playing a blind pass when you’re not 100% sure of what’s around you is about as basic as it gets when it comes to playing or coaching football.

6 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Coady is injured, Okoli is young and has just signed and Nelson isn’t ready in the Prem. Also, it was you that mentioned non of these could play for Belgium lol.

So like I said initially and you just agreed with, Faes is our best option at centre half as none of them are better.. And by the way, if you're good enough, you're old enough. Okoli is 23 - Colwill at Chelsea is 21, Nedejlkovic at Villa is 18... Both playing.

We got there in the end. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You love to shit on tons of things that I post, this being the latest in a long line. 

I think it's more a case of you having a habit of overreacting to the odd occasion someone is critical of your analysis. I'm fairly certain I've said to you before that you could do with a tougher skin.

I'd like to think it's reasonably obvious from our interactions that I've got a lot of respect for you. I like you and I like your posts here, I'm not sure why you get rattled if I do disagree with something? "Long line", come on man.

Playing in to that square of Fulham players isn't just "high risk", it's stupid, and even Maresca wouldn't have encouraged that. Passing in/through it would have been poor and carrying it in to that is literally triggering a well engineered trap. It's just a really well worked press and Faes had very few options. He recognised that and tried something ill advised and I'm not defending that. He loves to carry it, if it was on to move forward I'm sure he would have.

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I think he has played well both games so far. However if true he wants out then let him go. Need fighters.

I like him but if he wants out then get gone. We don't need whiney prima donnas.