Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wout Faes

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's a bit silly of him to say that during the last transfer window week.

Or calculated. If the club has rebuffed his request for a move, leaking the story to the press is probably his last throw of the dice…

51 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I realise the mood is anti-Wout but my anger is again directed at the board not him.

A player publicly expressing their disappointment at our transfer business is entirely welcomed by me. I absolutely agree with him, and him getting that message to the media increases the pressure on Top / Rudkin / Whelan. 

The club is falling apart. Player unrest being the latest symptom.

He's been known since before we signed him as a bad attitude, not our fault on this one imo

• Like 1

Thought he looked really good for a couple of months when he came in but never seemed to recover from that Anfield nightmare. He seems to have picked up this bizarre confidence though and it's not even a good confidence. Shirks responsibility for his own errors. He'd be no big loss at all for me and he's one of those you could probably fleece a decent fee for.

It is however worrying that he can come out with this - another black mark against the cretins 'running' this club. Damning that even he thinks it when he was absolutely awestruck when he signed for us.

• Like 1

I couldn't really care less about Faes. He's not as bad as some are making out but he's nowhere near as good as he seems to think and that confidence breeds mistakes. 

The bigger issue is how the squad see Cooper. Faes played LCB for Enzo without issue, the fact that he's kicking off about it with Cooper COULD be a symptom of him not demanding the same respect. 

...or I'm just overthinking it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I couldn't really care less about Faes. He's not as bad as some are making out but he's nowhere near as good as he seems to think and that confidence breeds mistakes. 

The bigger issue is how the squad see Cooper. Faes played LCB for Enzo without issue, the fact that he's kicking off about it with Cooper COULD be a symptom of him not demanding the same respect. 

...or I'm just overthinking it. 

Did Faes play LCB that often for Brenzo? 

Majority of the time it was a back 3 with either Doyle or Justin being the LCB.

Vesty in the centre and Faes to the right with Ricardo alongside winks inverting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Did Faes play LCB that often for Brenzo? 

Majority of the time it was a back 3 with either Doyle or Justin being the LCB.

Vesty in the centre and Faes to the right with Ricardo alongside winks inverting. 

I can't say I'm 100% but I am sure he did on occasion. 

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Comfortably our best centre back.

Which in itself is a problem….Faes is bang average at best.

Not quick, yet he and others seem to think it.

That back heel and his attitude afterwards sum him up.

Watch his body language after a goal, I’ve said this since day one, Klopp used to talk about having mentality monsters, he’s the polar opposite.

I haven’t even started on how weak he is at defending one on one - watch our goals conceded last season, he has this ability to make his body shrink when attempting to block a shot.

I should probably get off the fence so in one word…..SELL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which in itself is a problem….Faes is bang at best.

Not quick, yet he and others seem to think it.

That back heel and his attitude afterwards sum him up.

Watch his body language after a goal, I’ve said this since day one, Klopp used to talk about having mentality monsters, he’s the polar opposite.

I haven’t even started on how weak he is at defending one on one - watch our goals conceded last season, he has this ability to make his body shrink when attempting to block a shot.

I should probably get off the fence so in one word…..SELL.

Seems like deja vu... could have sworn I read this 2 maybe 3 comments back

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's more a case of you having a habit of overreacting to the odd occasion someone is critical of your analysis. I'm fairly certain I've said to you before that you could do with a tougher skin.

I'd like to think it's reasonably obvious from our interactions that I've got a lot of respect for you. I like you and I like your posts here, I'm not sure why you get rattled if I do disagree with something? "Long line", come on man.

Playing in to that square of Fulham players isn't just "high risk", it's stupid, and even Maresca wouldn't have encouraged that. Passing in/through it would have been poor and carrying it in to that is literally triggering a well engineered trap. It's just a really well worked press and Faes had very few options. He recognised that and tried something ill advised and I'm not defending that. He loves to carry it, if it was on to move forward I'm sure he would have.

A diagonal over Iwobi’s head to JJ was clearly on there though and confident I could have pinged that as a Sunday League CB.

Let’s say that Faes had zero options (he didn’t) then go back home to Mads and let him go long….you sure cannot defend that blind back heel?

I feel like many are being too reactionary and unappreciative of Wout Faes and failing to acknowledge his efforts in helping us get back into Premier League from the Championship.

Lots of unfair comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iran said:

I feel like many are being too reactionary and unappreciative of Wout Faes and failing to acknowledge his efforts in helping us get back into Premier League from the Championship.

Lots of unfair comments.

He’s a blessing and a curse. 

He’s a footballing centre back, that is more suited to a team that retains possession. He’s good on the ball and with it as his feet. Almost like playing a holding midfielder in defence.

If you want a stopper type defender, Wout isn’t that. He’s not great when faced up 1-2-1 and isn’t comfortable on the left hand side. Vestergaard is the same.

So I question what on earth the tactics are. I’d be unhappy if we had no game plan. He’s not going to have the same respect for Cooper if we have little to no plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

What I feel is strange is that he has said this, but there hasn't been any actual bid/interest in him from any club. 

That we know of. Not every piece of business goes through Fabrizio.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

He’s a blessing and a curse. 

He’s a footballing centre back, that is more suited to a team that retains possession. He’s good on the ball and with it as his feet. Almost like playing a holding midfielder in defence.

If you want a stopper type defender, Wout isn’t that. He’s not great when faced up 1-2-1 and isn’t comfortable on the left hand side. Vestergaard is the same.

So I question what on earth the tactics are. I’d be unhappy if we had no game plan. He’s not going to have the same respect for Cooper if we have little to no plan.

I would agree with all that.

Get the feeling that I won't enjoy Faes under Cooper as much as I did so when he was playing under Maresca with tactics that suited him. 

7 minutes ago, ACF said:

That we know of. Not every piece of business goes through Fabrizio.

But you would have thought there'd be a whisper, something that says a club is interested. Yet nothing. He hasn't done himself any favours with these comments. Which leads me to think he definitely thinks he's better than he actually is.  

Edited by fox_favourite