Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wout Faes

19 minutes ago, Iran said:

I would agree with all that.

Get the feeling that I won't enjoy Faes under Cooper as much as I did so when he was playing under Maresca with tactics that suited him. 

This is the issue across the board. 

We’ve got so many players that don’t fit a system that the current coach doesn’t want to play. Cooper doesn’t fit the squad, or is unwilling to play to its strengths. 

We are clearly going to lose game in this league, however we can at least try and adopt a style. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's odd about this is he hasn't been asked to play left side of defence? Unless that was thr plan before Coady got injured. 

I thought he'd looked decent the opening 2 games, that back heel aside bit I'd not be too bothered if we sold him for north of £15m. 

If we could get an actual left footed CB then that would be better for us in the long run. If we went for another right footer then I'd like us to look at van den Berg from Middlesborough.

I heard you say this on the podcast as well Ric. Faes has switched and has played both games against Spurs and Fulham as our left sided CB with Vestergaard on the right. As has been pointed out, it’s probably because Cooper is worried about Vesty getting exposed for pace with his new (not particularly successful) system of two permanent holding midfielders and using the left back as the additional attacking player. 

Wout really isn't that bad imo, his outburst is symptomatic of how badly wrong we have got this window. VK should have been let go, we needed a replacement for Doyle in similar style to allow Ricardo to play the role he played last season. We needed a replacement for Ndidi, a replacement for KDH, a creative midfielder/playmenker, and a striker. we should have had enough serious pre season games where we could have tested giving at least a full 90 minutes to Golding, Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson, Mcateer, Cannon and decided if they can play a role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

What a twat.

Symptomatic of the unease at the club, though. I couldn't care less that Cooper managed Forest, my issue is that his 'style' is so different to Enzo's, you could see these issues coming a mile off.

Well we had a very good coach reach to continue the style pretty well

And then we went for cooper 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yep. Cooper is just limited. We won't progress at all under him in the PL. We'll play garbage football and continue to sign journeymen. He's a good Championship manager 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's an appointment that looks more misguided by the day, doesn't it? I have nothing against Cooper as a bloke, but it makes such little sense. Such a cop-out appointment 

What a mess. Disenchanted key player with little time to move him on and find a replacement. My guess is he will still be here and therefore we have a player playing for us who would rather be elsewhere. Does the manager then play him or leave him out for a worse option, though hard to believe that really would be the case.

34 minutes ago, reynard said:

What a mess. Disenchanted key player with little time to move him on and find a replacement. My guess is he will still be here and therefore we have a player playing for us who would rather be elsewhere. Does the manager then play him or leave him out for a worse option, though hard to believe that really would be the case.

I suspect he is not the only disenchanted player, just the tip of the iceberg

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I suspect he is not the only disenchanted player, just the tip of the iceberg

I fear this may be correct.  I think his statement re player recruitment was very telling. Though , of course, a player doesn't want to see a direct replacement come in, they do want to see signings that at least allow the team to be competitive. Right now it is clear this has not been the case. Two don't event make the starting line up and the other two are basically has been squad players at best.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, Mungongo said:

David Carmo, Igor and Victor Nelsson still available 

Carno isn't.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

By which point we’ve made it a 35 game season for us. 

Yep, but it could be 35 games where we give ourselves some hope or just the opposite - no hope. Like I said, the acquisitions on a permanent deal up to now have been bang average at best, however, with 3 maybe 4 (unlikely I know) decent signings we may have a chance of survival. Added to this will be how effective the manager is in moving the team forward.

I don't doubt Faes has his reservations but it seems a bit out there for him to publicly disclose it. 

I wonder how much he was angling for a transfer throughout summer, now he's gone to the next level of wanting out by speaking out against the club. If he's 'spoken to the leaders' and then gone public it also speaks volumes about Faes more than other players that he's chosen this route. 

• Like 1