Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wout Faes

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yep, but it could be 35 games where we give ourselves some hope or just the opposite - no hope. Like I said, the acquisitions on a permanent deal up to now have been bang average at best, however, with 3 maybe 4 (unlikely I know) decent signings we may have a chance of survival. Added to this will be how effective the manager is in moving the team forward.

Getting deals done more quickly could have delivered a point at Fulham and possibly another one against villa. 
I know that the system is more complex than that and we’ve missed out on targets but there are questions about their viability and our naivety in pursuing them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't doubt Faes has his reservations but it seems a bit out there for him to publicly disclose it. 

I wonder how much he was angling for a transfer throughout summer, now he's gone to the next level of wanting out by speaking out against the club. If he's 'spoken to the leaders' and then gone public it also speaks volumes about Faes more than other players that he's chosen this route. 

Good point 

this hasnt just happened 

must have been an approach from somewhere then who wouldn’t meet our price  - spurs ???

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Good point 

this hasnt just happened 

must have been an approach from somewhere then who wouldn’t meet our price  - spurs ???

Not sure Spurs need him, and I'm sure they could do better! 

Perhaps someone like Palace given they've lost Andersen and could lose Guehi. 

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Good point 

this hasnt just happened 

Might be more embarrassing for Faes - he’s wanted out, but no one’s put a firm bid in.

Maybe he’s trying to flush out a bid now in a desperate attempt to escape.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether he goes or not. It is really bad for us to have our best centre back who is publicly unsettled. Just more unneeded turmoil.

Don’t blame him though, he can see what we can all see. 

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Regardless of whether he goes or not. It is really bad for us to have our best centre back who is publicly unsettled. Just more unneeded turmoil.

FM our best centre back! How far we've fallen - I wouldn't want him as 4th choice 

23 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Last season he was coached to ‘university’ level, now I suspect the players are not impressed by ‘pre-school, junior’ training sessions

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I'm sure nothing bad will happen if we have a shit defence in the best league in the world. 

I didn’t say a drop in standard did I?   Unknowns , IE someone who isn’t from the bigger leagues tend to be cheaper.

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, pkonline said:

I'm surprised by this because he's always come across quite professional and level - after all, he did drop down with us last season and played reasonably well, and helped get us back up.

I think the manager makes a difference 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

To be honest I like Faes more if he has had a word. If true most of us are annoyed with the things he is annoyed with. Hopefully, a bit of a wake up call for the club.

Imagine if the wake up call in all of this being Wout Faes telling them we are shit.

Edited by VLC86

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Might be more embarrassing for Faes - he’s wanted out, but no one’s put a firm bid in.

Maybe he’s trying to flush out a bid now in a desperate attempt to escape.

Perhaps it's a bit of frustration at his agent.  After that dubious Barca rumour his agent has probably told him to have a good Euros and the offers will come in, and they haven't. So Faes is letting clubs know he's ready to go.  Which might invite offers.

All conjecture, but it's an odd thing to do if he's not looking to move.