Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Ben Nelson - loaned to Oxford

A loan to the championship will be the right move for him. Getting 1st team experience in a competitive league where he can develop is a no brainer. No point rotting on the bench. 

He's certainly good enough for the championship. We did it with Barnes and KDH and look how that turned out. Might the worth having a recall in there after Jan, just in case. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

A loan to the championship will be the right move for him. Getting 1st team experience in a competitive league where he can develop is a no brainer. No point rotting on the bench. 

He's certainly good enough for the championship. We did it with Barnes and KDH and look how that turned out. Might the worth having a recall in there after Jan, just in case. 

Lower league teams don't normally agree to recall in a loan, they are normally till the end of the season now.

If and when clubs do recall them early the team would expect to be compensated by the parent club. 

On 27/08/2024 at 23:04, Tielemans63 said:

I can see a Ben White-style scenario happening here, wherein he plays so well for his loan team that a big team pick him up before he's really played much for his parent club.

I'd like to see what he can do for us right now, tbh.

Ben White did play a season back at Brighton in PL.

53 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Pompey in for him as well on loan. 

Keep. One injury away from slow coach CB pairing.  Cooper wobble your head.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Loan out, he'll get nothing sat on the bench or in the stands waiting for an injury.

He might actually prove in training he is worth a place. Have you considered that???

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

He might actually prove in training he is worth a place. Have you considered that???

He might also sit on the bench behind Vesty, Coady, Faes and Okoli - it’s a no brainer he has to get first team football at a level he can gain experience without too much pressure 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yeah, but surely a defensive player would learn most playing in full contact games with seasoned pros battling for their career/place? Rather than training matches and drills?

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well if he does and we feel he will get enough game time, and not be just an emergency sub, I doubt we will loan him:dunno: 

46 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Lower league teams don't normally agree to recall in a loan, they are normally till the end of the season now.

If and when clubs do recall them early the team would expect to be compensated by the parent club. 

Very true but I would imagine if he ends up at Bristol City this may be an option, as he'll only he a backfill until Dickie is back. I think he's done his hamstring so timings would fit.

If City want him to have a full season actually playing in the Champs then a different club may be the order of the day.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Nelson was recalled from he 1st loan for his 2nd loan

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Very true but I would imagine if he ends up at Bristol City this may be an option, as he'll only he a backfill until Dickie is back. I think he's done his hamstring so timings would fit.

If City want him to have a full season actually playing in the Champs then a different club may be the order of the day.

But as I said before, I think it's Pompy leading the chase. 

Bristol City are about to sign Mcnally for £3m .

Edited by themightyfin

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Must mean that we've decided to keep Okali then.

Well as we have just bought him and lost the receipt, it was always likely

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

That's good, I spotted Bristol City had got someone else this morning so assumed he'd be going somewhere else.

Very highly regarded coach at Oxford United, another off the City Group production line.

I still believe he'll end up being a lot better than Okoli. In my opinion, we should have promoted Ben and not bothered with Okoli. Money that would have been far better spent elsewhere.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Oxford, at least he'll have plenty of defending to do. If he wanted to be part of a team getting battered each week and conceding loads of goals he should've stayed 🤣

On a serious note though. If he wants it, he will be a major player for us in a year or two.. best of luck to him on loan 

• Like 1