Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Sammy Braybrooke - loaned to Dundee

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Apart from Rangers and Celtic I would comfortably say that League one is stronger than the SPL. 

Watching League 1 highlights on ITV I would disagree. Our loanee from Bristol City was there last season and said it was all hoof it forward. Some great players in SPL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billy Campbells ghost said:

Watching League 1 highlights on ITV I would disagree. Our loanee from Bristol City was there last season and said it was all hoof it forward. Some great players in SPL

There are multiple teams in League one that would beat 10/12 teams in the SPL.

Birmingham and Huddersfield being two prime examples. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Feels like a lazy loan move from the club. If he has aspirations of playing regular PL football the lad needs time in the Championship. Not sure why the club should be seeking guaranteed starts either, if he can't force his way into a championship midfield at the age of 20 based on his ability, the reality is he'll probably struggle to break into our side. Look at how many young players of a similar age are playing PL football at virtually every club in the league. Yes some are especially talented but like it or not that is the level he needs to get to if he wants to compete in this league so should be using this time to prepare himself for the step up, whether that be physically, mentally or both. 

Surely you have him at Dundee this season, then next season his champ move is probably back to us.  In which case that's a positive from a negative.  And if we stay up there's options to loan again or bring him in, as well as extending.

• Like 2

Just now, WestLothianFox said:

My daughter spent 5 years at Dundee Uni, her name for the place is Scumdee

That's what we called it when I was in Aberdeen for 10 years; went back recently and it's much nicer than it was back then; the V&A and such has brought a lot back to the city imo. Aberdeen on the other hand has gone down the shitter.

31 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Didnt do Benkovic no harm from playing on all their shite artificial pitches.. apart from ****ing his knees up.

Much prefer he stayed in England

One. He'll play on one artificial pitch. Unless the draw Livi or Raith in the cup...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Only takes that one time. For a bloke whos had an ACL already i wouldnt be taking that risk

But by that logic he should never play again unless it's an incredibly important game?

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But by that logic he should never play again unless it's an incredibly important game?

Far more likely to pick up a serious non contact injury on artificial pitches. They are being banned in the SPL from 2026 for this reason

Edited by South Shire Fox

11 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Feels like a lazy loan move from the club. If he has aspirations of playing regular PL football the lad needs time in the Championship. Not sure why the club should be seeking guaranteed starts either, if he can't force his way into a championship midfield at the age of 20 based on his ability, the reality is he'll probably struggle to break into our side. Look at how many young players of a similar age are playing PL football at virtually every club in the league. Yes some are especially talented but like it or not that is the level he needs to get to if he wants to compete in this league so should be using this time to prepare himself for the step up, whether that be physically, mentally or both. 

All the club has/will do is to let him go... The agent probably finds the loans

Very surprised we didn’t see another contract extension prior to him going, he will spend 1yr in SCO then only have 1yr remaining on his current deal this could come back to bite us 🤷‍♂️