Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Sammy Braybrooke - loaned to Dundee

On 27/08/2024 at 09:30, ian__marshall said:

Feels like a lazy loan move from the club. If he has aspirations of playing regular PL football the lad needs time in the Championship. Not sure why the club should be seeking guaranteed starts either, if he can't force his way into a championship midfield at the age of 20 based on his ability, the reality is he'll probably struggle to break into our side. Look at how many young players of a similar age are playing PL football at virtually every club in the league. Yes some are especially talented but like it or not that is the level he needs to get to if he wants to compete in this league so should be using this time to prepare himself for the step up, whether that be physically, mentally or both. 

He hasn’t played senior football.

so there’s hardly going to be loads of clubs wanting to take a punt, especially if we have stipulated that he needs regular game time. Which in my opinion, should be a mandatory requirement, otherwise what’s the point?

He goes up there, plays every week and has a decent season and this time next year it will be a different scenario.

This is a good move imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

He hasn’t played senior football.

so there’s hardly going to be loads of clubs wanting to take a punt, especially if we have stipulated that he needs regular game time. Which in my opinion, should be a mandatory requirement, otherwise what’s the point?

He goes up there, plays every week and has a decent season and this time next year it will be a different scenario.

This is a good move imo.

Been captain of most his age groups with England, us failing to drum up interest is on us as much as anything else. It's an art that once the reputation is set, makes the job much easier to get loan moved arranged.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Been captain of most his age groups with England, us failing to drum up interest is on us as much as anything else. It's an art that once the reputation is set, makes the job much easier to get loan moved arranged.

Agreed. Unfortunately we live in the real world where Rudders is running (or not) the show.

26 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Firstly, thank you to your club for loaning out Sammy. From what I’ve heard, he’s already impressing on the training pitch and will be in our squad for Saturday.

Regarding game time, our manager believes that if you’re good enough, then you’re old enough, and he will play. We’ve had a lot of youngsters come up from south of the border, such as Owen Beck, Malachi Boateng, Aaron Donnelly, Michael Mellon, Dara Costelloe, Ryan Astley, Zach Robinson, and Ryan Howley. They all played a lot of games for us and helped with our push to get into the top six. Our fanbase would have liked them to stay on this season, but we couldn’t compete wage-wise.

Last season, we had the highest number of minutes for players under 21 in Scotland. Many of our loan players have returned home with nothing but good things to say about us. So, hopefully, we’ll send Sammy back to you a bit tougher and stronger by the end of the season.

As for the artificial pitches, we only have one in the SPFL, and knowing our manager, he might decide not to play him in those fixtures to protect him from injury. We had a couple of players recovering from the same injury, and they didn't play, but we will just have to wait and see.

Wish you guys all the best for the season!

we certainly have high hopes of him getting better and playing a part in our first team… if we get relegated this season ( hopefully not!) it’s possible he’ll be an important player for us next season.. look after him! He’s well respected down here!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Firstly, thank you to your club for loaning out Sammy. From what I’ve heard, he’s already impressing on the training pitch and will be in our squad for Saturday.

Regarding game time, our manager believes that if you’re good enough, then you’re old enough, and he will play. We’ve had a lot of youngsters come up from south of the border, such as Owen Beck, Malachi Boateng, Aaron Donnelly, Michael Mellon, Dara Costelloe, Ryan Astley, Zach Robinson, and Ryan Howley. They all played a lot of games for us and helped with our push to get into the top six. Our fanbase would have liked them to stay on this season, but we couldn’t compete wage-wise.

Last season, we had the highest number of minutes for players under 21 in Scotland. Many of our loan players have returned home with nothing but good things to say about us. So, hopefully, we’ll send Sammy back to you a bit tougher and stronger by the end of the season.

As for the artificial pitches, we only have one in the SPFL, and knowing our manager, he might decide not to play him in those fixtures to protect him from injury. We had a couple of players recovering from the same injury, and they didn't play, but we will just have to wait and see.

Wish you guys all the best for the season!

Thanks. 

I really like the idea of him playing for you guys. We've probably held players back in the past by keeping them in the youth team rather than sending them out on loan.

A full season, playing against a mix of teams, in terms of quality and style. He's going to learn a lot. 

Either, we get relegated and he's ready to play for us next season, or, we stay up and he gets scouted by top end championship clubs and goes to one of them next season. We win either way.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I’m sure he’ll do really well at Tannadice

Oops…

Tannadice Park usually referred to as Tannadice, is a football stadium in Dundee, Scotland. It is the home ground of Dundee United F.C

On 28/08/2024 at 20:24, Ric Flair said:

Not everything is the clubs fault! The lad was out for almost a year injured. Do you honestly think a middle to upper championship club is going to come knocking for an unproven, recently injured youngster? A couple of mediocre games and their fan base would slaughter the club just as we do.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 14:37, Lambert09 said:

only concern i have, is that even if he absolutely smashes it, the club would still require a championship loan before considering him ready … if we stay up of course 

Curious why you think this is the case?  :dunno:

On 28/08/2024 at 19:24, Ric Flair said:

It’s men’s football

i just think it’s about all that matters to a 19 y o who has only ever played in his age group 

He isn’t going out on loan to improve his technical skills - he just needs to show that he can hack it in men’s professional football and that means playing every week.  That applies as much to sammy himself as to us looking on. I reckon he will find it difficult to begin with but will come to grips with the whole thing as the weeks go by. Otherwise he’ll be sent back to seagrave. 

I think the physical levels in the championship are too high for him at the moment post injury. Much more chance that he sits on a bench somewhere and doesn’t prove anything.  And league 1 is a little below most SPL clubs in standard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Not everything is the clubs fault! The lad was out for almost a year injured. Do you honestly think a middle to upper championship club is going to come knocking for an unproven, recently injured youngster? A couple of mediocre games and their fan base would slaughter the club just as we do.

The lack of loans in recent years is on the club. As I've said, it's an art to build the reputation to get players out on loan. We'd done this fairly well several years ago.

Championship clubs queue up to take players from Premier League academies that have less pedigree than Braybrooke. But as I've said that's likely to be reputation based, it's so easy for some of the bigger PL clubs to do this as others are so blinkered in their thinking that they must be good and they'll take them. It helps that some of these clubs give these players minutes in cups and other games to expose them and that drives interest too.

Anyway, Braybrooke says he had other options so maybe he did have Championship and League One interest and this was his decision so fair enough.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The lack of loans in recent years is on the club. As I've said, it's an art to build the reputation to get players out on loan. We'd done this fairly well several years ago.

Championship clubs queue up to take players from Premier League academies that have less pedigree than Braybrooke. But as I've said that's likely to be reputation based, it's so easy for some of the bigger PL clubs to do this as others are so blinkered in their thinking that they must be good and they'll take them. It helps that some of these clubs give these players minutes in cups and other games to expose them and that drives interest too.

Anyway, Braybrooke says he had other options so maybe he did have Championship and League One interest and this was his decision so fair enough.

Not saying you're wrong but it also won't help that the Championship has a reputation for being extremely physical and Sammy is 3ft 2.

On 28/08/2024 at 16:37, Lambert09 said:

only concern i have, is that even if he absolutely smashes it, the club would still require a championship loan before considering him ready … if we stay up of course 

He can get championship experience with us next season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sometimes it isn't about the "best" team but the best team for you... depends on what clubs are offering, are you backup to someone, in for someone who's injured etc. and even then the club have to agree to it (including terms). Sammy obvioulsy thought this was his best option out of those that were interested. Sadly for Sammy he had a bad injury with setbacks on his recovery so was out of the game when he really needed to get some experience. He needs to push on with games to get experience so we can use him when he comes back.