Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Kaminski

12 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just a thought, there have been lots of rumours of Ramsdale leaving Arsenal in this window,  could it be they have come in for Hermansen as direct competition to Raya and we have decided to cash in and are frantically lining up a replacement. 

You’d go for Ramsdale at least on a loan. 

• Like 1

Similar to the Ayew deal, it's fine enough as a squad addition, he's certainly a much better back up GK than we have.

But again similar to the Ayew deal IF the numbers are true, then you have to wonder what on earth we are doing that's up to 18m for a 33 and 31 year old who are essentially back ups and don't improve us in any way.

For a team that is in trouble for serious PSR breaches who had to conduct an internal review to understand how the most expensive premier league team in history got relegated, to sink that kind of money into these kind of players is quite frankly beyond irresponsible.

Hopefully it's not true, but we've over paid for every single player so far and outside of Okoli, I don't believe any of these are Glover scouted targets. 

• Like 1

Enzo kept putting 3 GKs in the matchday line up I presume to outline his frustration with the balance of the squad. I know there is an injury issue so it is not random but still feels like a very expensive tangent when we are crying out for goal scorers.

23 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just a thought, there have been lots of rumours of Ramsdale leaving Arsenal in this window,  could it be they have come in for Hermansen as direct competition to Raya and we have decided to cash in and are frantically lining up a replacement. 

Possible 

but raya is going to be no 1 so mads would have to accept he won’t play 

also, age is less relevant with keepers 

31 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Makes me think how much of the chaos at Forest was Cooper. 

I’m not sure that is completely fair, we have made what 4 signings and they made 25?

Admittedly, a couple of ours do look to be clearly signed by Cooper but still.

Just now, VLC86 said:

I’m not sure that is completely fair, we have made what 4 signings and they made 25?

Admittedly, a couple of ours do look to be clearly signed by Cooper but still.

I assume here you mean ‘the fans worst version of what they think Cooper is’?

57 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

Similar to the Ayew deal, it's fine enough as a squad addition, he's certainly a much better back up GK than we have.

But again similar to the Ayew deal IF the numbers are true, then you have to wonder what on earth we are doing that's up to 18m for a 33 and 31 year old who are essentially back ups and don't improve us in any way.

For a team that is in trouble for serious PSR breaches who had to conduct an internal review to understand how the most expensive premier league team in history got relegated, to sink that kind of money into these kind of players is quite frankly beyond irresponsible.

Hopefully it's not true, but we've over paid for every single player so far and outside of Okoli, I don't believe any of these are Glover scouted targets. 

Still time for Top to sack the board to give us the best chance of promotion next season. If not, bottom half Championship life beckons until he sells the club. 

Spoiler alert: he won't 

Despite his brain fart in the first game, if it is the keeper then surely he'd be an upgrade on Ward.

I just hope this doesn't mean Mads or Jakub will go, though. Both are good enough in my opinion and hope that Stolarczyk can come straight back in as the second-choice when he's recovered from his injury.

Hopefully this rumour is just a crap journo throwing loads of stories about for clicks and Patreon subscriptions.

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Despite his brain fart in the first game, if it is the keeper then surely he'd be an upgrade on Ward.

I just hope this doesn't mean Mads or Jakub will go, though. Both are good enough in my opinion and hope that Stolarczyk can come straight back in as the second-choice when he's recovered from his injury.

Hopefully this rumour is just a crap journo throwing loads of stories about for clicks and Patreon subscriptions.

We are not spending £10m on a keeper who will ultimately be third choice after Hermansen and Stolarcyzyk. So either: a) one of those two is leaving; or b) this rumour is nonsense. I'm betting on the latter. 

• Like 2

I can't see this for a backup keeper. Jakub is more than good enough and Iversen isn't exactly useless either in a system that's less demanding on the keeper's technical ability.