Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Tranmere Match Thread

1 minute ago, studentofthegame said:

It's Tranmere at home, acting like it is an exciting and positive result shows how far expectations have fallen.

There is absolutely no excuse to not have 2-3 youngsters in the lineup for a game like this. There will not be a better opportunity all season than our opening League Cup game against a League 2 side.

Unless the excuse is that a brand new manager is still learning his senior squad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can understand skipp going off but not dropping wilf in and bringing alves on is bewildering. 
popov for ayew aswell

fifteen mins at the end isn’t enough 

Exactly, they are on now which is great, but even just an extra 10-15 minutes of game time is huge for prospects coming through, both in their development but also in showing that there is a route for progression. Right now I don't see why any youngster would be motivated to join/stay with us. We are terrible at loaning them out and getting them game time, we never seem to give opportunities in the first team, and the club socials can't even be arsed to acknowledge the existence of the u21/u18 sides most weeks

1 minute ago, studentofthegame said:

It's Tranmere at home, acting like it is an exciting and positive result shows how far expectations have fallen.

There is absolutely no excuse to not have 2-3 youngsters in the lineup for a game like this. There will not be a better opportunity all season than our opening League Cup game against a League 2 side.

Well they’re on now, and if you can’t enjoy a win no matter the opposition then that’s unfortunate for you.

i just think there is a little too much over the top negativity on here these days and cursing of the manager no matter what he does or doesn’t do

• Like 2

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Glad he is giving our kids a runout. I’m surprised Nelson doesn’t get a go. He is the most likely to feature in the near future I reckon or maybe Alves. 

Me too, been lambasting the **** since pre-season but interesting Popov is finally getting a look in with a Welshman in charge. 

28 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

I'd actually quite like to see that.. 🤔 maybe vardy can show ayew how its done at the ripe old age of 32... although he hasn't learnt this far...

I'm not sure Cooper will do it as we're going to be under pressure in most games. But I would like to see him try it even in a game we're chasing a result.

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Well they’re on now, and if you can’t enjoy a win no matter the opposition then that’s unfortunate for you.

i just think there is a little too much over the top negativity on here these days and cursing of the manager no matter what he does or doesn’t do

Yeah, it’s ****ing exhausting. 

• Like 1