Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Tranmere Match Thread

If alves doesn’t get more game time then he needs a loan, he will come back a different player, seen it happen with KDH & Barnes.

Hope the club get this one right, we could have a special player here.

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I have watched my side get relegated 6 times in my life, I've seen adminstration, players playing for free I've watched Peter Taylor tear down O'Neil's legacy in 10 months, I've seen relegation to league 1 but I have never wanted my team to lose. 

But whatever you keep posting your shit memes and wanting the team to lose. Hope the result hasn't pissed you off to much .

Up the city.

Apologies for making a joke you didn't like or understand.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lanefox said:

All you'll read is it was only Tranmere , we should've beat them, no matter the scorelines people wouldn't be happy

There is truth in that of course, but I thought tonight that Cooper got many things right, and also showed people that some of his decisions prior to this game were probably backed up with some hard truths, i.e Mavididi is off the pace, Ayew could be a useful addition and Cooper is willing to use younger players, albeit later on. 

I didn't think he did much wrong tonight. Hopefully, he can get some wins in the Premier League and then there will be a shift in the OTT negative reactions to anything and everything Cooper is doing. Of course, it could go the other way, and after 10+ games, I will be one of those critics too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Alves needs a chance this season, I'd already take him over BDR after his first 2 showings this season. 

Real talent.

I’d play Ward on the wing over whatever Reid has offered so far. lol

• Haha 1

Quite a dull first half, much better second half and some good goals

Hopefully Mav and Ricardo will be in for Saturday

Only complaint is that the kids should’ve got more minutes, no reason not to have

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

There is truth in that of course, but I thought tonight that Cooper got many things right, and also showed people that some of his decisions prior to this game were probably backed up with some hard truths, i.e Mavididi is off the pace, Ayew could be a useful addition and Cooper is willing to use younger players, albeit later on. 

I didn't think he did much wrong tonight. Hopefully, he can get some wins in the Premier League and then there will be a shift in the OTT negative reactions to anything and everything Cooper is doing. Of course, it could go the other way, and after 10+ games, I will be one of those critics too. 

A balanced post but do think that people forget this is a forum so people will have differing views and that’s ok…it’s actually a good thing that we don’t all think the same.

Personally, I can’t get excited/carried away when play a pretty strong starting 11 against a L2 side - good confidence builder, move on.

Job done and hopefully the dominant nature of it serves as a bit of a confidence booster albeit against a properly shit team. Impressed by Ayew, Skipp and Winks, nice to see Ricardo and Mavididi who I thought both grew into it, would have preferred Alves to get more time though he did well with the opportunity he had. Ndidi was his usual chaotic self but took his goal nicely.

Not particularly impressed by Okoli or Choudhury and if Thomas ends up playing any league games this season we are in enormous trouble.

13 minutes ago, FoxesPork said:

Had one when they first came out. Not one of the 4 patties was lined up with the one below. Was like the leaning tower of burger 🍔 

Absolute disaster 🤦‍♂️

God yeah, l hate fast food that's not geometrically aligned too..

Lettuce was probably non symmetrical and the tomatoes the wrong shade of orange to boot.. Just unacceptable.. 😐

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Quite a dull first half, much better second half and some good goals

Hopefully Mav and Ricardo will be in for Saturday

Only complaint is that the kids should’ve got more minutes, no reason not to have

I’d rather give some of the senior players more game time to get them up to speed - the ones that haven’t played much in the opening two games. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

What exactly have we learnt? It's not like anything we try/do today will actually be relevant when playing against players and teams of a significantly higher standard. If a cup game against a League 2 side is pivotal in Cooper figuring out his senior squad after a full pre season and 2 league games then we are in some serious trouble

There's a certain amount of distance between your comments and your username ........

Took O'Neil 7 or 8 games to get his messages across, Fergie was famously very close to the sack before he managed to get things right, even Pep got a lot wrong in his 1st season at Man City.

We're not talking about a manager in his 2nd season at the club with a few squad changes through the summer. We're talking about a guy who came in relatively late, in uncertain times, trying to to figure out a way of getting the best from a squad.

I'm still hugely unsure on Cooper, I wasn't a fan of his before his appointment and I still don't know, nor can I comprehend, the reasoning for his appointment, other than he the best available who wanted the job. But, he's here and I'll give him the time. We played a different system tonight and got some minutes in the legs of a 1 or 2 who will be looking to get in the 1st team. Yes, a routine win against lower league opposition, but it's important to see how Skipp fits, for example, or what Ricardo offers.

From what I've seen so far, we need a left back and a striker. Ricky in for Justin, Stephy for Reid, Buononatte in for Ndidi and we've got a decent 11 with some strength on the bench that could see us stay up

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1