Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester vs Aston Villa - Pre-match Thread (August 31st)

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was an utter useless lazy bone idle twat here for nearly two years he deserves booing.

Down to our coach - like a lot of things 

emery wouldn’t stand for it and told him to get fit or he’d just warm the bench.  And he got fit 

he’d clearly developed a mindset where he thought he was just good enough to do it his way. That’s down to us I’m afraid. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I hope Tielemans doesn't get a bad reaction, he gave us one of our greatest moments in the club history. Plus he never kicked up a fuss to go on a transfer, he actually seen his contact out. A nice applause when his name his read out and just leave it at that. 

Tielemens clearly has a motivation/discipline problem which is probably why jardim fell out with him. Ndidi was as bad, and Thomas in games, I think lack of fitness was a problem in that season as Rodger’s probably gave up, but it’s still players responsibility to give their all imo. I wouldn’t boo, but I wouldn’t applause either.

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sounds like Ayew is gonna be the only forward we bring in.

Read the interview in the opposite way, that he sees Ayew as a jack of all trades rather than the out and out striker we’ve been going for, fingers crossed

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Steve Cooper Pre-Match Press Conference vs Aston Villa

Expect transfers?

“Maybe. Anything is possible, including players going the other way, as well as coming in. We’re definitely trying to do things. Let’s see how it plays out.”

El Khannouss coming in?

“The process is definitely in motion, there’s no point in denying that. But it’s not complete, so I don’t want to go too early on it. It’s in motion and let it complete first.”

What would El Khannouss bring?

“You definitely want young players in the squad as well as experienced ones. You want a blend, and you want to plan for the future as well as compete week in week out. It’s a normal thing to add to a squad, particularly when you’re stepping up a league. But as I’ve said, you quickly turn your attention to preparing for games and reviewing games. That’s where my attention has been, on the guys who are here.”

Want a new striker?

“Every manager will always want to strengthen any position. We’re no different. We’re not going to sign players who we don’t think are going to have the contribution we want. The players we’ve brought in we feel can make the team and the squad better. We’re still in the process, albeit we’re close to the end now.”

Ayew up front?

“He can play in a number of positions at the top end of the pitch and that was one of the attractions. He’s played well in different positions. You do want players who can play dual roles and can adapt. Jordan falls into that category. It was great to see him score. Hopefully it’s the start of many appearances for us.”

Injuries?

“No changes to personnel. You saw Conor Coady’s return. We gave him some minutes and it was a nice way to return. The bonus from the other night was that some guys got some minutes.”

How close to getting first Prem win?

“You’ve got to make it happen, but when we’ve reflected on both games, we thought we could have had a better result in both of them. We go into every game believing we can win. But we’re under no illusions of what we need to do to get over the line. The first two games have given us belief that we can win games, but also reminded us that if we don’t get it right, things can go against you. We’re really positive in the camp. We’re enthused about what we can do.”

Benefits of cup win?

“Respectfully to Tranmere, the expectation was on us to give that performance and get that result, and that starts with our attitude. If you don’t have that, you can get found out. In a cup competition, we want to get as far as we can. I’ve been in cup runs that have benefitted league form and confidence. It’s very much about building a connection and a fluidity in the team. Cup games can be beneficial for that.”

Need to be ruthless?

“You don’t have any results given to you. You have to earn whatever you get. Part of that is being ruthless. We could have been 100 per cent more ruthless in the first two games.”

How to beat Villa?

“You have to have belief in the plan. We’re playing against a Champions League team who have had great success. The Spurs game is a good reference point of what can happen if we do back our plan. We’ve got to ensure that we really take the game to Villa and believe in our concepts.”

Has the window gone to plan?

“I’m not sure a window ever goes as planned. I don’t know how the next day might go. You go into a transfer window with plans and some things you achieve and some things you don’t know. That’s been the case here. Once the window closes, my mindset is absolutely on having full belief in what we have. It won’t be on any focus on what we don’t have. I really like what I’m seeing day to day from the guys.”

Player who might leave - are they permanent or on loan?

“Both. We have some really good young players that we have to make decisions on. Playing time is the most important thing for youth development. As hard as it is to let them go, game-time is important. Sometimes I’ve let players out to my detriment, but that’s about developing.”

Will Cannon leave?

“He’s definitely a good young player and is attracting a lot of attention. It is possible. If he does, it will be the decision the club thinks is best. If not, I’ll enjoy working with him.”

Will first-team players leave?

“There’s always that possibility. The current squad of first-team players, if there is a player that really shows they want to leave, then we’ll consider it, but that’s not the case. No player has said they want to leave. Are we in a situation where there is serious interest in a first-team player? Not really. But that might change when I walk out of here.”

Coady?

“He picked up an injury at the wrong time, the same as last year. We want every player fit and healthy. We want a training group that is competing against each other to stake a case to play in the team. We want players who are not starting to be ready to start should that opportunity come up. We don’t want a culture where players assume they’re going to play. They have to make sure they do everything to be in the team.”

McAteer's ireland call-up?

“Congratulations to him. I haven’t seen him yet to say that personally. It’s good recognition for him and for the club and the journey he’s been on. He’s a good lad with a really good attitude. He signed a new contract recently. He’s still finding his way, which is normal. We want to push him to play well for us.”

Albrighton retirement?

“Congratulations to him for the career he had and good luck with what comes next. I met him in the car park after Tottenham and spoke to him and Andy King for half-hour. There’s been some really successful times here and you need guys like Marc Albrighton to be amongst it and you can tell that’s the way he’s thought about from team-mates and staff members. Some of the stuff he told me is valuable as a new manager and I’d love to chat to him again.”

Thank you for sharing this before each game.

Mads

Bilal.     Bilal.       Bilal.   Bilal

Bilal.    Bilal

Bilal

Bilal                                  Bilal

Bilal

6-0

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Read the interview in the opposite way, that he sees Ayew as a jack of all trades rather than the out and out striker we’ve been going for, fingers crossed

"we arent getting a striker but dont worry, ayew can do that":brendan:

• Sad 1

Hermansen

Ricardo - Vestergaard - Faes - Kristiansen

Skipp - Winks

Fatawu - BEK - Buonanotte

Vardy

Is probably what I'd like to see, but unlikely and fair enough if Cooper doesn't chuck BEK straight in. Buonanotte in the middle then Mavididi on the left if so.

But even with the addition of BEK, it's already added more depth and better options to bring off the bench as opposed to start games - Ayew, BDCR, Mavididi, Ndidi, Justin, McAteer etc

• Like 1

Marc Albrighton will be part of Foxes Hub's coverage on Saturday as Leicester City take on Aston Villa (3pm kick-off).
- Audio commentary of Leicester City versus Aston Villa will be available on Foxes Hub this Saturday
- Matchday Live begins an hour before kick-off with former Foxes pair Marc Albrighton and Matt Elliott
- Join the live show via LCFC.com and social media, ahead of the Premier League fixture on Filbert Way

After announcing his retirement from the game earlier this week, two of Albrighton's former sides go head to head in a Premier League bout at King Power Stadium, with Leicester looking for a first league victory of the campaign. 

The former Foxes midfielder will be alongside ex-City captain Matt Elliott in the studio to preview the fixture from 2pm, before handing over to the Foxes Hub commentary team of John Dunn and Gerry Taggart, who will guide you through all of the action from the Filbert Way pressbox.

Supporters can listen live and for free on LCFC.com, Facebook and YouTube, with further analysis and comprehensive coverage to come during the half-time break and after full-time.

All times BST.

Playing against Villa, who are obviously a top four/top six club these days, brings it home again how far we've fallen. The chasm between ourselves and them is huge, so unfortunately it's difficult to see past a comfortable Villa win.

On 28/08/2024 at 17:55, Leicesterpool said:

I hope Tielemans doesn't get a bad reaction, he gave us one of our greatest moments in the club history. Plus he never kicked up a fuss to go on a transfer, he actually seen his contact out. A nice applause when his name his read out and just leave it at that. 

He'll get a better reception than Maddison, I predict. Which I find strange, given Youri looked to be itching for a move for at least 12 months before he left us on a free.

He'll get a good reception from me, but I'll never understand why our fans are angrier about a player who tried for us until the last, and we actually got money for 

I'm expecting the 11 for tomorrow to be

Mads

JJ

Faes

Vesty

Kristainsen 

Ndidi

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Vardy

Ayew

The team I hope for though would be...

Mads

Ricardo

Faes

Vesty

JJ

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Buonanotte 

Mavididi 

Vardy

• Like 1

QQdtTka.png

^ A big feature of Emery's style of play is the use of a fairly insane high line. Look how compact they make the game! This seems super high risk in modern day football, but he is so good at drilling it into his players that it makes them defensively sound.

JsQ8cRs.png

^ To aid the high line, Emi Martinez is the best sweeper keeper in the league. The ball over the top (or through) is something we will try during the game for sure...

9b3VR17.png

^ So expect to see him rushing out to try and stop that from happening. Shame we don't have a peak Jamie Vardy, he would be soooooo good against a team like this.

OYKyWIi.png

^ Emery also uses an interesting system when in possesion:

• They only use one out and out wide player in Leon Bailey to stretch the opposition back line.
  • John McGinn (7) starts out wide, but drifts in midfield to play as a 10, usually with Tielemans, but in recent games, Morgan Rogers.
  • Their left back then acts an the wide player. similar to how we use Kristiansen. It's been Digne so far, but Villa have signed Ian Maatsen from Chelsea who I really rate.
  • In general with the high line and box midfield, Villa try to compress the game into the middle of the pitch and win the war there. I expect Skipp and Winks to start for this reason, as we need to be able to compete there.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

QQdtTka.png

^ A big feature of Emery's style of play is the use of a fairly insane high line. Look how compact they make the game! This seems super high risk in modern day football, but he is so good at drilling it into his players that it makes them defensively sound.

JsQ8cRs.png

^ To aid the high line, Emi Martinez is the best sweeper keeper in the league. The ball over the top (or through) is something we will try during the game for sure...

9b3VR17.png

^ So expect to see him rushing out to try and stop that from happening. Shame we don't have a peak Jamie Vardy, he would be soooooo good against a team like this.

OYKyWIi.png

^ Emery also uses an interesting system when in possesion:

• They only use one out and out wide player in Leon Bailey to stretch the opposition back line.
  • John McGinn (7) starts out wide, but drifts in midfield to play as a 10, usually with Tielemans, but in recent games, Morgan Rogers.
  • Their left back then acts an the wide player. similar to how we use Kristiansen. It's been Digne so far, but Villa have signed Ian Maatsen from Chelsea who I really rate.
  • In general with the high line and box midfield, Villa try to compress the game into the middle of the pitch and win the war there. I expect Skipp and Winks to start for this reason, as we need to be able to compete there.

I'm thinking Winks, Skipp and Ndidi as I cant see him leaving out Ndidi.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I'm thinking Winks, Skipp and Ndidi as I cant see him leaving out Ndidi.

That's what I expect too. Villa compress the game centrally, so having Ndidi to win the ball back makes sense.

We are now in a position where we've got a much stronger squad than in pre-season, so what's nice is that we have multiple options that we could use dependant on the approach Cooper goes with.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's what I expect too. Villa compress the game centrally, so having Ndidi to win the ball back makes sense.

We are now in a position where we've got a much stronger squad than in pre-season, so what's nice is that we have multiple options that we could use dependant on the approach Cooper goes with.

Shame we don't have any strikers!

44 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Shame we don't have any strikers!

We do have strikers - Vardy, Daka, Ayew- but FT don't rate them. 

No reason we can't have goals coming from the midfield and/or wingers. 

Talking generally here, can't see us beating the Villa at this moment.