Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester vs Aston Villa - Pre-match Thread (August 31st)

1 minute ago, RyCleary said:

I think it's pretty logical to play at least one attacking midfielder so Buonanotte

I think he's planning on using Ndidi more forward as he sometimes has been. I'm not saying that's correct but it's definitely not crazy.

Anyway, I'm not dying on the hill of defending Steve Cooper, I'm just hoping for the best now.

Just now, -sodapop said:

I think he's planning on using Ndidi more forward as he sometimes has been. I'm not saying that's correct but it's definitely not crazy.

Anyway, I'm not dying on the hill of defending Steve Cooper, I'm just hoping for the best now.

How is playing Ndidi as a 10 anything but crazy? He's shown repeatedly he can't do it. You're literally dying on that hill

• Haha 1

The problem here is that we've gone to sit back and hold on and if we are in the game still bring on the creative players. 

The problem is that he feels that worked against Spurs, but that was more about Spurs inability to finish in the first half. 

We are much better front footed like Spurs second half. Today we will have lost the game in the first half if Villa take even 20% of their chances. Going to be long afternoon I feel. 

• Like 1

Just now, RyCleary said:

How is playing Ndidi as a 10 anything but crazy? He's shown repeatedly he can't do it. You're literally dying on that hill

I'm really not dying on that hill, I'm just pointing out he isn't the first manager to try and use him that way, I didn't say it was a good idea. Everybody in here is saying 3 CDMs as though they're all going to be sitting in the same part of the pitch.

Just now, hejammy said:

The problem here is that we've gone to sit back and hold on and if we are in the game still bring on the creative players. 

The problem is that he feels that worked against Spurs, but that was more about Spurs inability to finish in the first half. 

We are much better front footed like Spurs second half. Today we will have lost the game in the first half if Villa take even 20% of their chances. Going to be long afternoon I feel. 

I think that's his rationale today. Hang on by our fingernails and then hope it's 0-0 after 60 minutes so he can bring on fresh, attacking legs to hurt them. Emery will be pissing himself. 

1 minute ago, -sodapop said:

I'm really not dying on that hill, I'm just pointing out he isn't the first manager to try and use him that way, I didn't say it was a good idea. Everybody in here is saying 3 CDMs as though they're all going to be sitting in the same part of the pitch.

"It's definitely not crazy" - it definitely is

2 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Agreed, I actually think Ndidi is a 100% better as a defender than a number 10. He's literally bambi on ice up there. 

• Like 2

Just now, Micky said:

I feel privileged to be in the company of so many footballing experts on here. I can't wait to watch you all take charge in the premiership in the near future. 

It's true, everyone should keep there footballing opinions to themselves on a football forum designed to have conversations about.... Oh wait. :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Micky said:

I feel privileged to be in the company of so many footballing experts on here. I can't wait to watch you all take charge in the premiership in the near future. 

My brother in Christ, you are complaining about people sharing their opinions about football on a football forum.

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

It's true, everyone should keep there footballing opinions to themselves on a football forum designed to have conversations about.... Oh wait. :facepalm:

No issue with opinions, it's the ridiculous calls for Cooper's head based upon a team selection that needs to stop. Some people think they are playing football manager. 

Just now, Micky said:

No issue with opinions, it's the ridiculous calls for Cooper's head based upon a team selection that needs to stop. Some people think they are playing football manager. 

How dare any of us mortals question the genius of Steve Cooper

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

Not sure if it's ridiculous, premature maybe, but a lot of people didn't want him in the first place so therefore probably want him out now. Unless he changes his negative tactics or we start winning with them, the amount calling for his head will only increase. 

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

You've just ignored my point. Read it again. 

People aren't calling for his head purely because of this team selection. It's because of everything he's done since coming in the door - that's not ridiculous