Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester vs Aston Villa - Pre-match Thread (August 31st)

Just now, OadbyBlue said:

The return of Tielemans. Hopefully he’s having one of his off days.

Hermansen

Ricardo

Vestegaard

Faes

Kristiansen

Ndidi

Winks

Fatawu

Buonanotte

Mavididi

Vardy

I suspect Skipp will play instead of Ndidi. Otherwise I reckon this will be it.

9 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Hermansen

Ricardo

Vestegaard

Faes

Kristiansen

Ndidi

Winks

Fatawu

Buonanotte

Mavididi

Vardy

I would like to see this team but with Skipp instead of Ndidi.  Ndidi makes too many mistakes at the back, trying to dribble and puts others in trouble.  I liked how progressive Skipp was last night. 

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

They're not as good as some are making out, I'd hope we'd be aware of Tielemans weaknesses and take advantage of that

Apart from a slight lack of pace, what weaknesses does he have? I think he’s a superb player. Ran the show for them at West Ham opening day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Mads 

Justin

Vesterguard 

Faes

Kristiansen 

Winks

Ndidi 

Skipp

Ayew

Vardy

Mavididi

You'd drop Fatawu & Buonanette?

I think they are 2 players most likely to offer us something attacking.

Mavididi only has 1 good half in him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

You'd drop Fatawu & Buonanette?

I think they are 2 players most likely to offer us something attacking.

Mavididi only has 1 good half in him.

I know what you mean, but I'd play three physical players in the middle of the park against Villa's quality. I thought Buonanotte got lost in the occasion against Fulham, but that's understandable given his age to lack consistency. 

I think one attacking winger needs to start, then an experienced defensive minded winger for better balance and to nulify Digne. I'd rather Mavididi plays because Matty Cash is out injured and that is an area we could and should exploit.

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

Hermansen

Ricardo

Vestegaard

Faes

Kristiansen

Ndidi

Winks

Fatawu

Buonanotte

Mavididi

Vardy

Skipp for Ndidi, otherwise the same for me. Ndidi, though fine without the ball trying to win it back is a liability with it now. Skipp appears to be fine at both and will get better as the season goes on I think. 

I think he'll go with the low block again with Skipp joining Winks and NDiddi in midfield out of possession and Skipp and Wilf pushing on in possession.

Buono is talented but a little lightweight in challanges, So I'd go with Fats Vardy and Mav up top to offer us Width and Pace for a quick Counter attack. 

Mads

Ricardo Faes and Vesty JJ

Winks

Skipp  NDiddi

Fats  Vardy  Mav

He's got to be realizing where are best players perform at their best  and a system that worked very well last season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, scinnell said:

I know what you mean, but I'd play three physical players in the middle of the park against Villa's quality. I thought Buonanotte got lost in the occasion against Fulham, but that's understandable given his age to lack consistency. 

I think one attacking winger needs to start, then an experienced defensive minded winger for better balance and to nulify Digne. I'd rather Mavididi plays because Matty Cash is out injured and that is an area we could and should exploit.

Yeah, wasn't a dig mate, more than valid point.

I just feel that Fatawu is probably the most willing, and best defensive winger we have. He always seems to track back and get stuck in (albeit can be rash)

I do get what you mean about midfield, my only fear is it's very negative set up and we'll spend 90 minutes repelling Villa attacks with no real outlet for ourselves to attack

It's essentially setting out for damage limitation from the out set.

I'd personally go the same as vs Tottenham. But swap BDV for Mavididi.

I'm torn between Skipp & Ndidi. I'd probably go for Ndidi (just)

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he'll go with the low block again with Skipp joining Winks and NDiddi in midfield out of possession and Skipp and Wilf pushing on in possession.

Buono is talented but a little lightweight in challanges, So I'd go with Fats Vardy and Mav up top to offer us Width and Pace for a quick Counter attack. 

Mads

Ricardo Faes and Vesty JJ

Winks

Skipp  NDiddi

Fats  Vardy  Mav

He's got to be realizing where are best players perform at their best  and a system that worked very well last season.

After the Spurs game Cooper said that we need to pick up wins at home. Draws won't be good enough, especially given our likely points deduction. Cooper has also been banging on about our need for more creativity at the top end of the pitch. For these reasons, I'm not convinced that he will play with three DMs and leave Buonanotte on the bench.

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

After the Spurs game Cooper said that we need to pick up wins at home. Draws won't be good enough, especially given our likely points deduction. Cooper has also been banging on about our need for more creativity at the top end of the pitch. For these reasons, I'm not convinced that he will play with three DMs and leave Buonanotte on the bench.

You could well be right but I think his mind set presently is try not to lose first  and foremost, Which forms part of my thinking.

Yes he did say those things after the Spurs game but set up exactly the same against Fulham with the same team.

The problem with that was we couldn't get out and so got cut off from Vardy which is why we offered nothing in attack.

Skipp and Wilf will offer us more mobility in midfield which hopefully will help get us up the field better and bring Fat's and Vardy into the game more.

The left wing has been poor in the 2 games so I'd play Mav on the left to keep their defence Spread wide, but also to buy us time to get up in support.

Villa are regarded as top 10  So it's not going to be easy, no matter how we play. Let's just hope we get something from the game.

If we play like we did against Fulham, or like we did in that first half against Spuds, then Villa will be out of sight by halftime. 

A draw against these would be a great and unexpected result. 

Head says 0-3. 

Heart says a shit-housed 2-2. 

Villa finished one place above Spurs last season, with two more points and a near-identical record in terms of goals scored and conceded. Given that we drew with Spurs last week in our first game back in the PL and will have learned a lot from that experience, why are so many people convinced we'll get completely thrashed by Villa? They're a decent side, sure, but they're miles behind the likes of Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool...

• Like 3