Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Carabao Cup - Third Round

It'll be one of the European teams away. 

Ideally a lower unfashionable team at home so I can take the kids down for a game, although in the carabao I'd imagine any 3rd round home game will go to general

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

As ****ing if the teams in the CL / Europa get a rigged draw to avoid each other now. Because they really need that bit more help don't they lol

Just realised what Sky meant when they said that earlier… what absolute shite lol, this person sums it up perfectly…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just realised what Sky meant when they said that earlier… what absolute shite lol, this person sums it up perfectly…

Controversial but I rate this. I fvcking hate seeing Arsenal vs Chelsea as a cup tie early doors. Make it exciting.

Just now, AKCJ said:

They should force the UCL/UEL teams to play away in their first game.

At least then we'd get some interesting games.

Exactly.. they're already guaranteed to not play a favourite so at least make them play away 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, guest123 said:

isn't it to do with making sure a champions league team can't play a europa league team as they are playing in europe different weeks so they could'nt play the tie? that's how i've read it anyway

No

16 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Controversial but I rate this. I fvcking hate seeing Arsenal vs Chelsea as a cup tie early doors. Make it exciting.

I love it*, I want them knocked out of the competition as soon as possible. 

edit: *when clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea draw each other early 

Edited by The_77
See note

5 minutes ago, guest123 said:

isn't it to do with making sure a champions league team can't play a europa league team as they are playing in europe different weeks so they could'nt play the tie? that's how i've read it anyway

Yes but it does give them an advantage .. 

If they can't compete in a fair draw they shouldn't be in it. Don't just give them the best advantage.

But they already know that and it happened anyway. I would give them the choice to either field any 11 they can, or don't play.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Quite the hill to die on….

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

If they can't compete in a fair draw they shouldn't be in it. Don't just give them the best advantage.

But they already know that and it happened anyway. I would give them the choice to either field any 11 they can, or don't play.

Problem is the EFL will bow down to them as they have the most pull to bring money in or it becomes even more of a pointless cup to the majority 

• Like 1