Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Carabao Cup - Third Round

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Any chance of away tickets for this getting outside of season ticket holders? Given how empty it was at this weeks game…? 

Depends on a few things.

- how the rest of this week goes.

- how many away fans ticked it off their loss two years ago. 

Just now, Jobyfox said:

We all complain about the “big six” and their monopoly on football, but these are the attitudes that create the market for them.

Personally I don’t find games involving the big six “more interesting”, but appreciate that some people do. I’d rather them get knocked out asap and for others to challenge. 

The reality is that other teams rarely compete for trophies and people complain about rigged systems that help maintain the status quo. At the same time as purchasing Sky TV subscriptions to watch “Arsenal v Chelsea” because they find those teams more interesting … and so the cycle continues. 

I think it's good to see a team full of overpaid willy pullers struggle at an absolute hell hole of a ground that is packed to the rafters. 

• Like 2

Last time I went to Walsall away it was Fellows Park. Watched the game through a chain link fence.

A couple of our fans made some rude gestures early doors and were promptly marched out by the police. They were quite heavy handed through the whole experience.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think it's good to see a team full of overpaid willy pullers struggle at an absolute hell hole of a ground that is packed to the rafters. 

With that context I’m fully in agreement :D

Edited by Jobyfox

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Why did the top 4 get a home tie then Villa/Spurs get an away one ?

They did a "pre-draw" to decide home/away fixtures before the actual draw

Which knowing Sky was just a "make sure the biggest 4 teams are playing at home" instruction from higher ups

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why are people up in arms? The first round is seeded?

North vs south so that smaller and poorer teams (and their fans l) don’t have to travel so far. 

This new seeding is so that the European teams don’t have to play each other and therefore get an easier draw. 

• Like 2

So, the “European” teams all have to play the first round at home - cos Europe says so. That means they can’t be drawn against each other. And that can’t be challenged, it’s fixed. Match fixing?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, brigfox said:

So, the “European” teams all have to play the first round at home - cos Europe says so. That means they can’t be drawn against each other. And that can’t be challenged, it’s fixed. Match fixing?

Villa and Spurs are away .

You could say it’s a but unfair that they got tough away ties whilst the others have easy home ones .

Either all at home or away .

6 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

We all complain about the “big six” and their monopoly on football, but these are the attitudes that create the market for them.

Personally I don’t find games involving the big six “more interesting”, but appreciate that some people do. I’d rather them get knocked out asap and for others to challenge. 

The reality is that other teams rarely compete for trophies and people complain about rigged systems that help maintain the status quo. At the same time as purchasing Sky TV subscriptions to watch “Arsenal v Chelsea” because they find those teams more interesting … and so the cycle continues. 

Spot on. It’s the cup, it should be about seeing other teams. FA Cup 3rd round day is a really exciting day in the calendar due to the upsets over the years.

Even looking at the games over the past couple of days, I would sooner watch a Wimbledon v Ipswich, Barnsley v Sheff Utd or Grimsby v Sheff Weds than the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool against each other.

With the FA Cup for example, I lose interest the further into the competition. The only time I have watched a in the semi-final/final stages for years was when it was us. 

28 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Never been a problem before so why now? It's complete bollocks. Just making it even harder for any smaller team to win a trophy. I'm at a point now where I wish they would fck off to a European super league.

More European fixtures for now on. Not that it makes it any better 

5 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

It's no conspiracy, the teams in Europe couldn't be drawn against each other in case they were playing in different weeks in the UEFA competitions.

Rubbish though isn't it. They're the strongest teams in this competition and are kept apart. As good as it is seeing third and fourth tier clubs playing top flight clubs, we will be in a position where the last 4 teams in the competition are just going to be the top 4.