Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Marc Albrighton Retires From Football

Love this guy. What an incredible man. Embodies everything that endeared me to the club many years ago. So happy that he can now spend time with his family and reflect upon his achievements.

I really hope that the club can find a way to bring him back into the fold in some capacity. I hadn't given any thought before his retirement but I wonder if he could become the long term successor to The Birch. 

I wish him all the very best for the future and hope we see more of him around the club. 

I ended up listening to the Spurs game on Talksport. Albrighton was one of the co-commentators, and did a great job. Very insightful. And particularly at half time when the others were writing us off!

Wouldn't surprise me if he's been offered more media work & that could be part of the reason for this.

• Like 1

I know legend and similar terms get thrown about too loosely in the modern game, but not in this case.

Much like vardy and kasper, you can comfortably say he gave everything he had, every week and it was as close to having one of us playing for the team from an effort perspective. A true fan.

I actually think he could still do a great job in the football league, but I am kind of pleased he retired fox.

Legend 🤴

• Like 3

I remember watching him play for Villa and thinking what a good player. When we got him on a free couldn't believe it. No idea what he would help the club achieve. Thought  he deserved an England cap or two but we know how good Marc was.

• Like 2

Hope he comes back soon in a coaching role.  A model professional who would be brilliant for our academy.  Hopefully when a new DOF arrives this can happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Surprised at that, I'd have thought he had another 2 years at least, somewhere on decent wages.

All the best Marc, true legend.

Was always the fittest player at the club and never needed to rely on pace so you'd have thought so. But I think it's clear that he's maybe not as sharp as he was and League 1 was likely as the next step, so why not retire and enjoy yourself?

Seems incredibly normal in that he wants to stay in the midlands with his family. I'm sure he could get a deal in the US, Australia, India etc

It's actually quite refreshing to see a player happy with their lot. I guess that sums him up, a spectacularly modest player (no malice intended there).